Watson wants out of Houston

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well the last two times that we traded multiple first round picks for a player really turned the franchise around.

Least we made it to the NFC Championship game with cutty.

Who knows what would have happened that year we started 7-3 before cutler hurt his thumb against San Diego.

Sicario

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give them whatever they want!!!!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well the last two times that we traded multiple first round picks for a player really turned the franchise around.
The 2020 picks were more like a swap than flatly giving one away. Bears got Cole Kmet out of that deal.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Serious question, has a top 5 NFL QB ever been traded when they were still 25 or younger?

I'm fairly certain this would be a first in NFL history. Which is why I don't see it happening.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Watson was good enough to will shitty team to victory he would've willed shitty Houston to more than four wins. The Bears giving up all of their salary cap and three years worth of drafts for him would ensure that they are really no better than the Texans over that span.

Only idiots think wins is a QB stat. Trubisky was carried to his record, as an example

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Only idiots think wins is a QB stat. Trubisky was carried to his record, as an example
I'm not saying wins are a quarterback stat, I'm questioning Watson's football impact. He played every meaningful snap for Houston all year yet the team won four games. They were awful. What makes you think he will somehow elevate the Bears to Super Bowl favorites when the price (both in money and draft picks) expended to acquire and retain him ensures the Bears roster is ultimately no better than Houston's was?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not saying wins are a quarterback stat, I'm questioning Watson's football impact. He played every meaningful snap for Houston all year yet the team won four games. They were awful. What makes you think he will somehow elevate the Bears to Super Bowl favorites when the price (both in money and draft picks) expended to acquire and retain him ensures the Bears roster is ultimately no better than Houston's was?

Saw a stat where Houstons defense is like 796th out of 800 in defensive efficiency in the past 25 years

msadows

Liked Posts:
You could literally....LITERALLY say the exact same thing about the Bears.

I mean, as much as the bears suck, I'm pretty certain they would not ignore the QB's wishes who they just gave 160m to, or whatever, to be the face of their franchise.

NFL Franchises listen to their stars, well, besides the Texans evidently.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Saw a stat where Houstons defense is like 796th out of 800 in defensive efficiency in the past 25 years
There's always an excuse around every corner. The Texans won four games. Two of those wins came against the one-win Jaguars.

Watson's defense sure played fine enough to hold the Browns to ten points, too bad Watson only led his offense to score seven. Or is holding the starting quarterback accountable for that not appropriate? The Texans defense played well enough to give themselves a lead heading into the fourth quarter against the Steelers yet Watson did absolutely nothing to move the ball and they lost. Watson managed seven points against the Bears, who by that point in these season were thoroughly mediocre defensively.

Grains of sand make a mountain. I dont want anything to do with him. Its franchise suicide.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Matt Stafford lights up the Bears defense in a ferocious comeback one week and the next Deshaun Watson basically fails to even show up to the game. Same opponent, wildly different outcome. Yet people want the quarterback who was vastly inferior of the two.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's always an excuse around every corner. The Texans won four games. Two of those wins came against the one-win Jaguars.

Watson's defense sure played fine enough to hold the Browns to ten points, too bad Watson only led his offense to score seven. Or is holding the starting quarterback accountable for that not appropriate? The Texans defense played well enough to give themselves a lead heading into the fourth quarter against the Steelers yet Watson did absolutely nothing to move the ball and they lost. Watson managed seven points against the Bears, who by that point in these season were thoroughly mediocre defensively.

Grains of sand make a mountain. I dont want anything to do with him. Its franchise suicide.

And 8 of those 12 losses were by a TD or less

You're saying that you're not trying to attribute wins-losses to a QB but thats exactly what you're doing. By that logic, Mitch is better. Thats dumb logic

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

You're saying that you're not trying to attribute wins-losses to a QB but thats exactly what you're doing. By that logic, Mitch is better. Thats dumb logic
No... he would be saying Mitch’s win loss record is better. Mitch is more closer to the Hall of Famer Trent Dilfer

msadows

Liked Posts:

Thats like saying you wouldn't want tom brady in 2007 after he threw 50 TD's and won 18 in a row because he couldn't score more than 14 against the Giants in the superbowl.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

When you factor in the Bears not picking in the top fifty again until 2024 and being locked out of the quality free agent market for probably longer than that, it would not be unreasonable to expect Mitch Trubisky to finish his Bears career with a better win percentage than Deshaun Watson hypothetically would.