Watson wants out of Houston

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was a no brainer, but okay. Roquan was the 2nd safest pick in that draft outside of Nelson....

All of the "high potential" picks he took ended up busting in his face, and I'm a pace supporter, or at least was.
White self-detonated, Trubisky was a bust and Leonard Floyd wound up developing into the player Pace wanted (also, relative to the rest of that draft Floyd turned out quite well).

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol at people thinking Pace will pick a good QB. It’s been a goddamn century and no Bears QB has sniffed Watsons production.

ErinAndrewsPeephole

Liked Posts:
No idea why it would be here tho, outside of him having some fetish for the bears or Jordan.

Miami has much more cap space(projected 45m before cuts), can trade away Tua and the 3rd rounder back to houston(That would probably be enough, maybe throw in a 2nd rounder too, they have 2 of those).

Honestly the most realistic spot for him to go.

Honestly, don't rule out the falcons being a dark horse too. Watson grew up right outside of atlanta. No idea if he grew up a falcons fan, but one would assume so. Wouldn't shock me if a swap of matt ryan/Watson happens, plus the #4 pick among other draft compensation.
The only con for Houston in trading DW to Miami would be it's an AFC team and they would possibly face him semi-regularly during the regular season, while if he's traded to an NFC team, the Texans would face him once every four seasons

msadows

Liked Posts:
White self-detonated, Trubisky was a bust and Leonard Floyd wound up developing into the player Pace wanted (also, relative to the rest of that draft Floyd turned out quite well).

Hold off on floyd. He's had one good year playing next to the best interior defensive linemen in nfl history.

He has the same amount of pressures he did last year, basically. The difference is he is finishing.

The guy might be fools gold.

Point is, when you draft someone with a top 10 pick you expect better than floyd, mitch, and white.

Those 3 picks set this franchise back a ton.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only con for Houston in trading DW to Miami would be it's an AFC team and they would possibly face him semi-regularly during the regular season, while if he's traded to an NFC team, the Texans would face him once every four seasons

Except they would get a top young NFL QB prospect(If they are high on tua, I'm not).

No other team can give them that.....

Plus, theyd still have the #3 pick to take a tackle, or a WR, or whoever. No other team can give them that.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
No idea why it would be here tho, outside of him having some fetish for the bears or Jordan.

Miami has much more cap space(projected 45m before cuts), can trade away Tua and the 3rd rounder back to houston(That would probably be enough, maybe throw in a 2nd rounder too, they have 2 of those).

Honestly the most realistic spot for him to go.

Honestly, don't rule out the falcons being a dark horse too. Watson grew up right outside of atlanta. No idea if he grew up a falcons fan, but one would assume so. Wouldn't shock me if a swap of matt ryan/Watson happens, plus the #4 pick among other draft compensation.

I agree. But I do think he would definitely be open to coming here if we made a serious effort to try and get him. I mean, we are not much better than the Texans as far as organizations go, but overall, our “team” is quite a bit better.

Watson wants to win... and he wants to win NOW. He can do that with the Bear.

Last thing, Bear fans have been beaten down so much that we don’t EXPECT good things and easily settle for mediocrity. If we want this guy — arguably a top 3 QB in the game today— I say, go get him! Do what has to be done — go get him!

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
Except we don’t have a talent at Qb like Watson.
I mean, as much as the bears suck, I'm pretty certain they would not ignore the QB's wishes who they just gave 160m to, or whatever, to be the face of their franchise.

NFL Franchises listen to their stars, well, besides the Texans evidently.
OK so we are debating slightly different things here. You’re saying if the Bears had Watson they would do what he asked. Sure, I could see that. They’ve never had anybody like him at the QB position so perhaps they’d listen to him. But my original quoted post was implying that the Texans aren’t serious about winning and the Bears would be better for him if he wanted to be somewhere that was, unless I misinterpreted it. To which I would say, 1) the Bears JUST had a shitshow press conference derided by anyone with a pulse that showed they would rather like the guys that work there than win and 2) in what part of their history have they been shown to be this well-run franchise? In almost their entire existence they’ve been poorly run. If you are genuinely going to tell me they’re THAT much better run than the Texans I truly question how you could say that with a straight face behind the keyboard.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
OK so we are debating slightly different things here. You’re saying if the Bears had Watson they would do what he asked. Sure, I could see that. They’ve never had anybody like him at the QB position so perhaps they’d listen to him. But my original quoted post was implying that the Texans aren’t serious about winning and the Bears would be better for him if he wanted to be somewhere that was, unless I misinterpreted it. To which I would say, 1) the Bears JUST had a shitshow press conference derided by anyone with a pulse that showed they would rather like the guys that work there than win and 2) in what part of their history have they been shown to be this well-run franchise? In almost their entire existence they’ve been poorly run. If you are genuinely going to tell me they’re THAT much better run than the Texans I truly question how you could say that with a straight face behind the keyboard.

The problem I see is to get Watson, you have to give away so much he would be making a lateral move and you would be just wasting his talents on a 8-9 or 9-8 team.
The Texans showed they want to win more because they got rid of the GM and coaching staff. And are trying to right the ship without a draft pick in the first 2 rounds.
Watson isn’t going to a great team be app use a great team probably has a decent quarterback

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You people think way too highly of a QB that was average without the best WR in the game...

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You people think way too highly of a QB that was average without the best WR in the game...

This was statistically his best year in the NFL.

He had almost 5,000 yards this year, along with 33 TDs/7 INTs and a 112+ QB rating, with an extremely shitty supporting cast.

He’s on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That 4,800 yards 33 TD/7 INT average QB can come be average here any time he wants.