WCSF - 5/27 Game6: Blackhawks (2) vs. (3)Wings 8:00ET. NBCS

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1st off...I love how the team rebounded mentally to come back and win 2 games. They righted the ship, and I get 2 fat helpings of Crow.</p>

</p>

Good times.</p>

</p>

IMHO when it comes to Odyua, both he and Rosival have been literally stinking up the joint in the playoffs and something had to be done.  I think overall it's the right move because Hammer and Leddy both have been really good and in the past two game have been able to nullify the skidmarks those two have been.  The only other option would be for some combination of Keith/Seabs/Leddy/Hammer to play about 45-50 minutes between all of them and Odyua/Rose playing 10-15 mins each.  I think the split-up, even though it's saddling Hemmer and Leddy with ballast bigger then Geena Davis' acting career, seems to be working on the backend.</p>

</p>

As for Hossa, Yeah, it was bad.  About as bad as the knuckler the Crawford missed but Hossa only seems to show up about as much in the playoffs as Frolik does in the regular season. I've just come to expect this from him. </p>

</p>

Speaking of Frolik, that 4th line is FLYING.  Bolland, Frolik, and Kruger seem to have some good chemistry working and it's been a good sparkplug.  I haven't seen them take shifts off unlike some of our star players.  Even if this is Bolland's death-knell because he's not scoring so what?  Those three look a lot better than Eager, Madden, and Burish did.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some fun facts.

Bolland has exactly zero points in the post season.

Seabrook is -5 in the post season.

Bickell hasn't sucked dickell in the post season.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Take a look at Datsyuk's stats....and let me know how Oduya's doing.</p>

</p>

He's been paired up against him all series.</p>

</p>

Here, let me help you -</p>

</p>

Datsyuk - 1g (on that long snipe) - 1a (on the late goal yesterday...and Oduya wasn't on the ice - Seabrook/Keith were) - and 14 SOG</p>

</p>

In the Previous series...Datsyuk had 2g-5a-7pts - 23 SOG</p>

</p>

Oduya's 9 shot blocks, GWG in game 1, great pinch on Cleary for Handzus' goal last night, +2 ....and shutting down Datsyuk has been downright pathetic.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="197134" data-time="1369364041">
<div>

Sorry guys I need to alter my correct prediction to 6 games.</p>

</p>

Luckily I went with logic rather than blind faith.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<div>Good call! :angry-screaming:</div>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="197593" data-time="1369753178">
<div>

You predicted the first and last Hawk goals</p>

the beginning and the end</p>

the alpha and the omega...</p>

</p>

</p>

What do you foresee for tomorrow?</p>

</p>

11799349-serious-fortune-teller-holds-crystal-ball-over-maroon-background.jpg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seebrook with a PP goal, Kane with a goal. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="197450" data-time="1369697746">
<div>

Hossa with a goal today and Frolik will score.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Seems you were finally right about something :)</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="197603" data-time="1369757752">
<div>

Seems you were finally right about something :icon-smile:</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

ouch that hurt...Im always right, people just turn the other way......Follow me if you want the truth. </p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ashor-redtribe" data-cid="197606" data-time="1369758233">
<div>

ouch that hurt...Im always right, people just turn the other way......Follow me if you want the truth. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He IS the Messiah! And I should know, I've followed a few...</p>

</p>

life-of-brian.jpeg
</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Since I can't figure out a good way to google it, maybe someone here knows. How many teams have come back from down 3-1 to tie it, And what are the records of the two teams in game 7? Or what is the record of the home team winning in game 7?</p>

DetroitSux77

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="197611" data-time="1369758802">
<div>

Since I can't figure out a good way to google it, maybe someone here knows. How many teams have come back from down 3-1 to tie it, And what are the records of the two teams in game 7? Or what is the record of the home team winning in game 7?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

On 670 they said 49 teams forced a game 7 with 24 of them winning. Although on NHL network they said 20 teams have forced a game 7. Cheps said it best. Throw out all the records and stats. This game will be decided on who wants it more.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Doc spit out those numbers. But i dont remember what he said so...</p>

</p>

This is a useless post...</p>

</p>

I will say this, there is a famous poker quote that applies. "Odds, I dont need to calculate odds, it's simple: It is always 50/50, either I get the card I need or I dont."</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cool.

Pez was correct on the "offsides" no-call that led to the goal.

I watched the replay and that's exactly what happened.

</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Count Dante" data-cid="197610" data-time="1369758661">
<div>

He IS the Messiah! And I should know, I've followed a few...</p>

</p>

life-of-brian.jpeg
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

love the playoff beards that they got going, though some haven't shaved since 2010.  The tall skinny one with the turbin in the front with his arms out looks like Sheldon Surrey.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BlackhawkPaul" data-cid="197620" data-time="1369759816">
<div>

Cool.

Pez was correct on the "offsides" no-call that led to the goal.

I watched the replay and that's exactly what happened.

</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I missed his post and went back a couple of pages and didn't see it. I had a question about that as well, it clearly looked like offsides but I thought maybe the Wings player had brought it back in or something, what did the replay show? Do you have a link?</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DetroitSux77" data-cid="197614" data-time="1369759208">
<div>

On 670 they said 49 teams forced a game 7 with 24 of them winning. Although on NHL network they said 20 teams have forced a game 7. Cheps said it best. Throw out all the records and stats. This game will be decided on who wants it more.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Thanks, I don't think it's an indication of what will happen, I was just curious. This team has been defying the odds all season so it doesn't really matter. I hope that the win was enough because they looked pretty deflated after that third goal, almost like a seed of doubt but they help on. I hope they come out flying on wed. I bet the anthem is going to be one for the ages.</p>

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I am not saying Babcock has to do it, but man, talk about an arrogant asswhipe, this whole seires, he has not once given the Hawks any credit for the wins, just bla bla bla WIngs and game one crap. And the comment last night about game 7, you could tell he was just easing his pain. I can't stand him, never liked him, good coach he is, but an arrogant asshole he is.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Claims that "if he told DET at the beginning of the series, there will be a gm 7 and they'd take it".</p>

</p>

I wonder if he told them "if we're up 3-1 in the series...would you want a gm 7?" - if the answer would be the same?</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I thought Babcock has been pretty quiet this series. I haven't seen many interviews with him maybe I just haven't been given them from our media. I tend to find Babcock rather quiet in the press and that's probably why I do like him as a coach.</p>

</p>

</p>

Fear not Ashor Zetterberg was praising the Hawks in a post game interview I saw last night of him. Scares me sometimes when the opposition start praising the other team in the playoffs during a really good tight series..that usually means they are focused and not distracted by other things they could easily bitch about that has nothing to do with the realities of a win or lose. Zetterberg is one smart guy. Hes a hack artist but he knows how to talk to the media.</p>

BigPete

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="197627" data-time="1369760837">
<div>

I missed his post and went back a couple of pages and didn't see it. I had a question about that as well, it clearly looked like offsides but I thought maybe the Wings player had brought it back in or something, what did the replay show? Do you have a link?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

The puck went out of the zone and then Franzen sent it back into his own zone, thereby negating the offsides nature of Toews.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<span>Rule 83 - Off-side</span></p>

</p>

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.</p>

</p>

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.</p>

</p>

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,â€� provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.</p>

</p>

It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,� nevertheless the question of an “off-side� never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blueline at which time the decision is to be made.</p>

</p>

<u><span style="font-size:18px;">If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.</span></u></p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:18px;">83.2<u> Deflections / Rebounds </u>– <u>When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck.</u></span> However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.</p>

</p>

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26497</p>

</p>