CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So will the McLellin doubters please STFU already?

He's not gonna be a LB.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was constantly in the backfield. That's where he was playing well.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I never thought he'd be switched to MLB, but Lovie actually seems to take some of his ideas from the local media, so you never know

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Rod was mixing it up.....very impressive pressure up front....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How about that play where Url lined up across from the center (which was nullified by a penalty)?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bush gets job done filling in for Forte

Phew, he sounds like he isn't injured, which makes the all Bell, all second half decision that much more mystifying. If the rumors from Oakland that Bush gets gassed after 15-20 carries are true, oy vey.

Bush gets job done filling in for Forte
September, 23, 2012
SEP 23
6:19
PM CT
By Scott Powers | ESPNChicago.com
RECOMMEND2TWEET4COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
CHICAGO -- Chicago Bears running back Michael Bush doesn’t care if he’s ever described as a flashy runner, but he does take pride in being an effective one.

[+] Enlarge

AP Photo/Nam Y. Huh
Michael Bush scored the Bears' lone offensive touchdown on Sunday.
Bush displayed a bit of good (three runs, one reception of 10-plus yards and a touchdown) and a bit of bad (11 carries of two yards or less) while filling in for injured Matt Forte on Sunday. Overall, though, all Bush cared about was doing enough to help the Bears win 23-6 over the St. Louis Rams.

“I think it was kind of ugly, but I got it done,” Bush said.

Early on, it appeared as if the Bears running game wouldn’t lose a beat without Forte. Bush’s first five plays, four runs and one reception, equated to 48 total yards. He later added a 12-yard run and the offense’s lone touchdown on a 4-yard run.

“You can’t say enough about a guy like Michael Bush,” Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said. “He really didn’t miss a beat. He’s protection savvy. He runs the ball hard and hits the holes. He does everything for us.”

In the first half, Bush rushed for 49 yards and one touchdown on 14 carries and caught two receptions for 18 yards.

“We moved the ball good in the first half as far as runs,” Bush said. “Other than that, I think it was a solid job. Anytime you can move the ball in the league, that’s good. That’s a good start in the right direction.”

Bears coach Lovie Smith looked favorably on Bush’s early play.

“Thought Michael Bush stepped up and gave us some good runs, getting the running game going,” Smith said.

The second half was a different story for Bush and the Bears’ ground game. Bush picked up six yards on four carries and caught no passes. The team rushed for 39 yards, 21 of which came on a Cutler scramble.

“I guess they figured out the scheme and it was kind of stopping at the end,” Bush said.

Outside of the victory, Bush was indifferent about everything else, including his own play, being the go-to back for the day and even the game’s score.

“To me, it’s the same,” Bush said of being the starter. “I made sure I prepared to be ready when it was my turn. … That’s just me. I’m just dry. I know it’s something I got to do. I know everybody is depending on me, so I just try to stay consistent, no turnovers and do the best I can.

“You always want to put up more points up. Whether we won 6-7, 2-0, I can care less as long as won.”

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did Shea even make the stat sheet? I saw him in the backfield a lot though.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He at least had an assist on a sack

JimmyMac

Liked Posts:
If the offense can consistently give the team a decent lead this defense will be kicking some major butt. It could be jail break time like in 1985. Jail break was the phrase Ditka like to use when the 85era defense was sacking QB's like crazy.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler played like crap today. His accuracy was :turrible:
the D looked really good, especially the D Line. Hope they can do that on a consistant basis.
I wonder what happened to Bush in the 2nd half. He barely played.
Over all, It was a good win. The play calling was better this week, and the OLine was decent. Cutler needs to work on his accuracy and not stare down Marshall so much. Teams will continue to double Marshall until we make them worry about someone else.

GO BEARS!!!

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We got away with one guys..On Wrights int/TD..Paea was off sides

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Whats awesome about our DL is that they can still get pressure on short quick passes.

That used to be our bane.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Btw, whatd you guys think about the short passing game?

I want to see more of that.