• Total voters

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
The line is killer and Jenning's improved play has helped out the secondary. Thank goodness the D is so stout with the offense still needing time to "gel" and a mistake prone QB at the helm for the Bears.

Oh can you get through one thread without doucheing all over it. For fuck's sake it was a positive thread for once.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman
Last time the #Bears had 14 sacks over three consecutive games was Weeks 11-13 of the 2005 season

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And this is a much more fair analysis than any meatball, hater, or fanboy can come up with any given sunday

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With 5 sacks in Week 2 at GB, this is first time since the 2001 season that #Bears have had at least 5 sacks in back-to-back games.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
Tim Jennings first #Bears defender to have a pick in 4 straight games (dating back to 2011 Week 17) since late Dave Duerson in 1986.

Israel Idonije on defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli: "He is a mastermind when it comes to putting schemes together."

Doug Grohlin

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's right too. Cutler can play awesome like he did last year during the first Lions game, but it doesn't matter if they lose.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What matters is winning. I don't think Cutler is gonna have many games where he puts up monster numbers, not with this offensive line whom today wasnt any better Cutler just got rid of the ball faster and ran the ball more. But overall your not gonna see a whole lot of 300+ passing yard games from Jay. Whats important is winning and he did that today....

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler: “You can’t say enough about a guy like Michael Bush. He really didn’t miss a beat."

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler on the OL: "Those guys came in when I needed it and opened up some holes. I thought the line played well.”

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
58.9 is not good enough. A win is nice but what matters is being a consistently good offense, which we are not.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
we certainly aren't. Tice needs to realize that you can't just say "vertical passing and run da ball, oh, and screens like Terry Shea". Let Bates take the reins

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears: Rams Talked a Lot, But Nothing Dirty

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bears described the St. Louis Rams as a talkative bunch on Sunday, but they didn’t notice any dirty play a week after Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III accused the Rams of being dirty.

“They definitely play to the whistle, I'll give them that,” Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher said during Fox's postgame show in Chicago. “They play hard to the whistle every time. Today wasn't that bad. There are some things on film you see, but today didn't seem that bad. There was a little bit of yapping, but that's going to happen every game.”

Bears offensive lineman Chilo Rachal agreed.

“They talk a lot, extremely a lot,” Rachal said. "Me in my position, I feel it’s unnecessary. Everybody is a competitor. When you’re losing, I guess you feel the need to talk much. I think that’s their game plan. They’ve been doing it since Game 1. That’s what we hear. The Redskins said they played dirty. I think that’s their game plan to get in guys’ heads. It’s dumb. It’s foolish.

“I wouldn’t necessarily call them dirty. Because I’m on the line, I don’t get to see everything. I just think they talk a lot of trash, but as far as dirty, I didn’t get to really see any of that."

Bears running back Michael Bush said the Rams’ trash-talking wasn’t too effective.

“You just look at them, and they’ll shut up the next time they’re back,” Bush said. “That’s the game. If you don’t get caught up in it, it’ll be fine.”

In last week’s loss to the Rams, Griffin III thought the Rams were unprofessional in their behavior and hit him after plays. Griffin was sacked once and knocked down several times in the game.

The Rams sacked Bears quarterback Jay Cutler twice on Sunday, were called once for roughing the kicker on a punt and once for roughing the quarterback.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the fuck? I thought Paea had 2 sacks in the first quarter. I just saw the box score shows only one sack.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getting on Cutler today would only serve to numb the impact of criticism when he really stinks it up. He did nothing good today but he did not lose the game. I'll take that every week. If we're winning with running the ball well and playing this kind of defense, I'll take one single turnover by the offense and not losing the game quite happily for 13 more weeks and 3 more in the playoffs.

lurker

Liked Posts:
was hoping the fins would have pulled that one out. hate the jets

dondraper

Getting on Cutler today would only serve to numb the impact of criticism when he really stinks it up. He did nothing good today but he did not lose the game. I'll take that every week. If we're winning with running the ball well and playing this kind of defense, I'll take one single turnover by the offense and not losing the game quite happily for 13 more weeks and 3 more in the playoffs.

bears will not win the sb unless cutler plays at an elite level atleast for the playoffs

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
bears will not win the sb unless cutler plays at an elite level atleast for the playoffs

If the defense and running game are firing well, I think we can win with Cutler playing fairly well. I don't think he has to be elite. "Good" would be fine.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can we please throw the ball more to Jeffery? I feel like he was barely targeted until the 4th

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yep. More to Jeffery and less to Hester.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can we please throw the ball more to Jeffery? I feel like he was barely targeted until the 4th

He did have one bad drop across the middle I think but I agree that we need to target him more often. Cutler stares down Brandon too much.