Welcome, Money Mitch

ob1force

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Huge.

Pace got his choice of all the QB's in the draft. He got the top QB prospect while having less ammo than the Browns, who everybody thought was just gonna have their way with the draft because of all of their picks.

Also this trade cost him pocket change compared to the price other teams had to pay to get lesser prospects. Future 1st round picks have been the going rate for moving up in this draft (and previous years with Wentz, Goff, Mariota, etc.) and Pace pulled it off without having to sacrifice more than a 3rd!

Is Trubisky even good? Who knows. But so far this has been a flawlessly executed move by Pace. Can't ask for anything more.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Another thing to consider is Hue was willing to give up a lot to move up and take him, and he is no dummy. The talent is there. Let's hope he is given time to develop behind Glennon.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
He identified his QB and took him. He did the right thing. All you people who said none of these QBs are worth it can suck it. You were philosophically wrong from the start.

I promised to eat crow and support a QB if he took one. The only QB I wanted was Watson, but Mitchell, is a Bear and I hope he lights it up.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace gave up 515 draft value points to gain 400 swapping with SF, an extra 115. That is like giving up the first compensatory pick after the 3rd rnd,#96, for the privilege of drafting MT. It is a steal by Pace, both Houston and KC gave up an additional 520 in value to move up for a QB, that is like the 6th pick of round 2. Add to that that if Glennon plays at a decent level this next year, Pace will recoup some if not all he gave up for MT.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Money Mitch gonna make the league his bitch

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Pace to Trub on the phone: "I knew this was going to happen. You just had to hang in there."

Last edited:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The problem I have with Mitch besides the lack of experience is that both Kurt warner and Heath Evans both said after meeting with and interviewing him is that they think he can't lead men and an NFL huddle will chew him up.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
I am excited about this move. The only thing that get me nervous is that the Browns were targeting him...based on historical evidence they are one of the few teams who might be worse at evaluation/development of QB's than the bears....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I was one of Paces critics before the draft but this pick shows me he gets it.

Wanted Watson but am stoked with Trubisky!

Welcome to the future of the Bears guys, enjoy this moment

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
as has been the case i am actually fine with paces choice on draft day... its the teams in season performance thats an issue.