Welcome, Money Mitch

Rise

Liked Posts:
The problem I have with Mitch besides the lack of experience is that both Kurt warner and Heath Evans both said after meeting with and interviewing him is that they think he can't lead men and an NFL huddle will chew him up.

Not yet. He will have to grow into it and earn their respect. Watson is the one guy who could lead a team day one. Bears obviously felt long term Trubisky has the higher ceiling for their system.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I am excited about this move. The only thing that get me nervous is that the Browns were targeting him...based on historical evidence they are one of the few teams who might be worse at evaluation/development of QB's than the bears....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that ignores the obvious, it's not the QB, it's the team.
Of course equally obvious, we're still the Bears.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Not yet. He will have to grow into it and earn their respect. Watson is the one guy who could lead a team day one. Bears obviously felt long term Trubisky has the higher ceiling for their system.

I'm not a talent evaluator or have ever been in a pro huddle I just don't know if that's a skill you can learn or you just have

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The problem I have with Mitch besides the lack of experience is that both Kurt warner and Heath Evans both said after meeting with and interviewing him is that they think he can't lead men and an NFL huddle will chew him up.

They said the same thing about Mariota. If he puts in the work and performs on the field, guys will follow him. He seems to have a good attitude.

OBearsWon Kinobi

Liked Posts:
I am excited about this move. The only thing that get me nervous is that the Browns were targeting him...based on historical evidence they are one of the few teams who might be worse at evaluation/development of QB's than the bears....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But since the Browns had the chance to pick him and didn't that pretty much guarantees he'll succeed.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Is Pace officially a "trade up clown"?

Weird to be a Bears fan and be hopeful for the future of the QB position.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like that!!!! Will be a nice change. I do however hope he isn't thrown in too soon. I think his situation here is almost perfect.

THIS.

I like that too and the fact that he never threw an interception in all those red zone pass attempts is incredible.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I'm not a talent evaluator or have ever been in a pro huddle I just don't know if that's a skill you can learn or you just have

Me neither but in trying to be optimistic here lol. We have to support this kid as fans to do our part in giving him the best chance. My whole meatball family is already hating on him it's pissing me off.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
I'm on board. Who's starting the fan club? Sign me up.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This is the most exciting pick I've seen as a Bear fan (I think I'm probably the youngest member on this forum). Let's go Trubisky!!!!!!!!!!! May we get the franchise QB we've been waiting for our whole lives.

With the 2nd round pick I think we should go Marcus Williams, then take Legget with our 4th round pick.

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
we drafted possibly the rawest 1st round qb of all time, and we have terrible offensive coaches who are going to mold him, not to mention a washed up relic of a head coach. Some of you idiots are really rejoicing?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
no one knows what its like to be in the huddle with him other than the guys on the field with him. meeting him in high profile interviews that likely take him out of his element arent exactly a good way to judge his leadership ability.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
we drafted possibly the rawest 1st round qb of all time, and we have terrible offensive coaches who are going to mold him, not to mention a washed up relic of a head coach. Some of you idiots are really rejoicing?

except there were two far rawer qbs that just went in the first round this very night.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wow...already crowning his ass after 13 college starts?

I said most talented, not most tenured. He is the most talented. He's more talented than Grossman and Cutler and McMahon.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The leadership thing comes with a lot of bullshit. Play well and guys will like you and play hard for you. Play like shit and guys will have problems motivating.

Only thing Trubs has to worry about is leading in hours spent preparing. If he does that and delivers on the field, everything else will fall into place.