Welcome, Money Mitch

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been watching lot of tape tonight from Money Mitch I am feeling much better about this pick.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
18194258_1378860428874280_5580996308363005401_n.jpg

AussieBear

oh but i called it too...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/87154-DAS-1st-RD-QB-Mock-19-85?highlight=

... i had all the aves covered.. sign of greatness..

atleast we still know lemming is a fraud... so ppl please stop mentioning his arse on here...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Mike Glennon be like

18118894_1378676268892696_4651638290691905791_n.jpg

Madden

Liked Posts:
It was pretty smart of Pace to take what other teams were offering US for the #3 spot, then up the ante in our offer to SF, in order to top the competitors for their #2. In essence he kinda stole intel as Pace already knew approximately what picks other teams were offering SF and willing to give up - I'm sure he did the math on the trade value chart for the #2 and made sure our offer was gonna top the others. He said he received numerous calls for our #3. We were in a good position because SF didn't have to move down more than 1 spot and risk losing THEIR target of Thomas.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
It was pretty smart of Pace to take what other teams were offering US for the #3 spot, then up the ante in our offer to SF, in order to top the competitors for their #2. In essence he kinda stole intel as Pace already knew approximately what picks other teams were offering SF and willing to give up - I'm sure he did the math on the trade value chart for the #2 and made sure our offer was gonna top the others. He said he received numerous calls for our #3. We were in a good position because SF didn't have to move down more than 1 spot and risk losing THEIR target of Thomas.

Yep, and while the 49ers can pat themselves on the back for getting a few mid round picks now, they'll look downright stupid if Trubisky turns into a star. They're the ones trotting out Hoyer and Barkley this year after all.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think we may be giving Pace too much credit here. I don't think there's much doubt that in this draft he overpaid to move up one spot.

I applaud him for having the balls to do it and back the pick at the way. I am stoked. But let's not portray this as some sort of master stroke of subterfuge.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I think we may be giving Pace too much credit here. I don't think there's much doubt that in this draft he overpaid to move up one spot.

I applaud him for having the balls to do it and back the pick at the way. I am stoked. But let's not portray this as some sort of master stroke of subterfuge.

I'm not usually inclined to give anyone in the Bears FO a whole lot of praise, but it looks like that's exactly what it was. No meetings, no workout, no chatter, they didn't even call Mitch before they picked him.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'm not usually inclined to give anyone in the Bears FO a whole lot of praise, but it looks like that's exactly what it was. No meetings, no workout, no chatter, they didn't even call Mitch before they picked him.

The question you have to ask yourself is this. What practical difference did it all make when we likely could have got him at 3 anyway?

I love the pick and I'm not going to get too worked up about it but there's no doubt he overpaid and probably got a little too clever. Rather that than get too cute with a trade down but still...

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
The question you have to ask yourself is this. What practical difference did it all make when we likely could have got him at 3 anyway?

I love the pick and I'm not going to get too worked up about it but there's no doubt he overpaid and probably got a little too clever. Rather that than get too cute with a trade down but still...

I don't know that its a sure thing we could have. If you believe the rumors, and in this case I do, the Browns struggled with their decision at 1 because they really wanted Mitch.

What probably made their decision is the belief that they could trade back up for Trubisky, but not for Garrett. Prior to the draft the talk was that they needed to trade in front of the Jets, not the Bears. The Bears apparent disinterest screwed up that calculus IMO. If they thought the Bears were likely to take him they may have done so at 1.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What will happen to all you people bitching, if he trades back in round 2 like 10 spots and acquires some of the picks he traded? Maybe wait til the draft is over?

I for one am happy we actually have real hope at the QB position....if he pans out to be a franchise guy....we will have a easier time in future drafts.

framesh1ft

Liked Posts:
I said most talented, not most tenured. He is the most talented. He's more talented than Grossman and Cutler and McMahon.

C'mon man, I know it's exciting to have hope for a new QB, but more talented than Cutler? Not by a long shot. He's got decent arm talent but Cutler had one of the best arms in the NFL for a long time. He'll hopefully be a better QB and make better decisions but he'll never make some of those WOW throws Cutler could make.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
C'mon man, I know it's exciting to have hope for a new QB, but more talented than Cutler? Not by a long shot. He's got decent arm talent but Cutler had one of the best arms in the NFL for a long time. He'll hopefully be a better QB and make better decisions but he'll never make some of those WOW throws Cutler could make.

Cutler did make some "WOW" throws...

Like WOW why the f*#k did you try and throw that ball into quadruple coverage?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Woah, how original. Nice zinger but not really relevant to the discussion.

Why can't accuracy and decision making be part of of "talent"?

Trubisky doesn't have as live of an arm as Cutler but he is sure as hell more accurate, makes better decisions and is more athletic - better combine and college rushing totals

That makes him more talented to me coming out of college.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
WTF are ppl. calling this guy " Money Mitch ".........when has he been $$$$, WHEN??? At least let get him get on the field and PROVE THAT HE'S $$$$

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF are ppl. calling this guy " Money Mitch ".........when has he been $$$$, WHEN??? At least let get him get on the field and PROVE THAT HE'S $$$$

Better tag than "Whiny Bitch". It's like you've got blood coming out of your eyes, blood coming out of your... whatever.