Well, its official - Bagent has a Weak Arm - they substituted Peterman...

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last I checked Mooney was a 1000yard WR, and the fact that all those guys have better stats with other QBs kind of ruins this excuse,

What's the excuse this year when Fields only had 1 good game? Still everyone else's fault?
Yawn...Fields was 4th rated QB after week 7 last year...this year 11th and 1st rated in red zone...stop ur selective bs...Fields has issues and needs to improve...but he is still in developmental stage

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Bears fans always love the backup.

Anyone could have won this game. Bagent did very little, foreman and the defense dominated
Hoyer was in a nearly identical situation.

I think Bagent proved that he can be a reliable and low cost backup qb for the next 3.5 years. That's a good thing. The scouting staff has now found a rosterable player two years in a row from undrafted free agents

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He's kind of like a rich man's Kyle Ortong. He'll be a good backup option.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yawn...Fields was 4th rated QB after week 7 last year...this year 11th and 1st rated in red zone...stop ur selective bs...Fields has issues and needs to improve...but he is still in developmental stage
so you blame all his weapons but also say how great he was with being the 4th best after week 7 lol so which is it are his weapons good enough to help propel him to 4th best but also terrible? lol kind of a contradiction you have here isnt it? but let me help you out in the excuse department..

his week 8-17 performance netted him a 93 rating.. which is nowhere near top 4th, his 1194 yards (149ypg) is also nowhere near top 4th, his 63.7%.. also nowhere near top 4th. Did you mean to say bottom 4th?

Well good news is at least you still have all the excuses to fall back on..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Fields had 2 good games.
statistically that might be true but its had to say he had a good game when he singlehandedly gave the game away in the 4th QRr with giving the ball to the other team. maybe lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say he had 1.75 good games.. still doesnt really change anything.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
statistically that might be true but its had to say he had a good game when he singlehandedly gave the game away in the 4th QRr with giving the ball to the other team. maybe lets give him the benefit of the doubt and say he had 1.75 good games.. still doesnt really change anything.
He’s one of two players in the history of the game to lose a game with those stats. Be less subjective for once in your sad life.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
No u wouldn't know by now....if less than 2 seasons of starts equals...u know, then Guys like Steve Young 28 starts(30 years of age) Brees 27 games(lights click on at 25 yoa) still shit on by staff, traded to Saints HOF career...Warner not drafted, said age maturity helped when he got shot at 28, plenty more...but Fields is 24 and still developing...keep him and Bagent and continue developing both guys
there is no set number to know whether the qb has it or not although referencing guys who started their careers over 20yrs ago to fit your narrative is not gonna work, brees and warner are not even remotely close skillset wise to fields and while young has similarities, he played when it was a much different game...

if you want to reference guys as far as 10 yrs back it would make much more sense, teams cant keep waiting especially when qb contracts are getting larger and larger...Guys that have similar skillset to fields, wilson, rg3, newton, jackson, allen, mahomes, trubisky*, watson, love*, prescott are the only ones i can think of. Everyone listed without an asterisk balled out within 2 seasons...

Trubisky while he did statistically ball out in 2018, anyone who watched that season knows it was the defense that helped carry them.
As for Jordan Love, is jury still out on him?
According to you, love still needs developing because he has only played in 16 games...i'd be willing to bet that the packers know right now that love is not the guy no matter how much development happens between now and the end of the season and they will be looking to draft his replacement this year.

brees did not get traded, he signed with the saints as a free agent, it was between the saints and dolphins but concerns over his shoulder he choose the saints because they gave him a better deal

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He’s one of two players in the history of the game to lose a game with those stats. Be less subjective for once in your sad life.
and why did they lose? because he kept giving the ball to the other team in the 4th QTR, sorry but when that happens and thats the reason for the L its hard to say you had a good game.. so yeah 1.75 good games is pretty generous here

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
and why did they lose? because he kept giving the ball to the other team in the 4th QTR, sorry but when that happens and thats the reason for the L its hard to say you had a good game.. so yeah 1.75 good games is pretty generous here
He threw 4 TDs to go up 28-7. Anything resembling mediocre defense wins that game, even with two turnovers.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He threw 4 TDs to go up 28-7. Anything resembling mediocre defense wins that game, even with two turnovers.
I agree for 3/4 of the game he was great.. then the 4th qtr happened..

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree for 3/4 of the game he was great.. then the 4th qtr happened..
simple question. Who is more to blame for the loss, the Qb with 360 total yards of offense, 4 TDs with a 9.6 average at 80% or the defense that was ranked dead last in the nfl in PA through 21 games.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
simple question. Who is more to blame for the loss, the Qb with 360 total yards of offense, 4 TDs with a 9.6 average at 80% or the defense that was ranked dead last in the nfl in PA through 21 games.
Wins and Loses are a team effort, but if we are talking about just the QB and how was his performance, its safe to say that for 3/4 of the game the QB was great and for the last 1/4 he was terrible would you not agree? And unfortunately his mistakes in the 4th qtr was directly related to the loss. Was the loss all on fields? of course not but you cant give the other team free points at the end of the game and still claim it was a good performance overall.

Statistically its was good just like statistically Kirk Cousins is a good QB but just like how Cousins usually melts when the lights are brightest Fields did the same thing in the 4th quarter.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
there is no set number to know whether the qb has it or not although referencing guys who started their careers over 20yrs ago to fit your narrative is not gonna work, brees and warner are not even remotely close skillset wise to fields and while young has similarities, he played when it was a much different game...

if you want to reference guys as far as 10 yrs back it would make much more sense, teams cant keep waiting especially when qb contracts are getting larger and larger...Guys that have similar skillset to fields, wilson, rg3, newton, jackson, allen, mahomes, trubisky*, watson, love*, prescott are the only ones i can think of. Everyone listed without an asterisk balled out within 2 seasons...

Trubisky while he did statistically ball out in 2018, anyone who watched that season knows it was the defense that helped carry them.
As for Jordan Love, is jury still out on him?
According to you, love still needs developing because he has only played in 16 games...i'd be willing to bet that the packers know right now that love is not the guy no matter how much development happens between now and the end of the season and they will be looking to draft his replacement this year.

brees did not get traded, he signed with the saints as a free agent, it was between the saints and dolphins but concerns over his shoulder he choose the saints because they gave him a better deal

As far as Love...I dont sit and watch every Packers game, if u do, more power to u. All I know is, someone posted a article that stated the Packers dont trust him. I guess when I hear the Bears no longer believe in Fields, then I will listen...but apparently that hasnt happened. Also, I don't give a fuck if it was 30 years ago, point is once they processed game and it slowed down they excelled. Also ref Brees, they drafted Rivers and made it clear it wasn't his job...whoopee.

Tribusky nor Love belong in that list. Hurts should be. Also 3 of those guys made trips to SB, 2 usually at least get to playoffs...so yeah again, Fields is still developing, keep rebuild going, he fails Bagent can takeover

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Wins and Loses are a team effort, but if we are talking about just the QB and how was his performance, its safe to say that for 3/4 of the game the QB was great and for the last 1/4 he was terrible would you not agree? And unfortunately his mistakes in the 4th qtr was directly related to the loss. Was the loss all on fields? of course not but you cant give the other team free points at the end of the game and still claim it was a good performance overall.

Statistically its was good just like statistically Kirk Cousins is a good QB but just like how Cousins usually melts when the lights are brightest Fields did the same thing in the 4th quarter.
Odd that you'd use the game where he drove the team down the field for the go-ahead FG/TD then the coaching staff got involved on 4th down

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
It will definitely be nice when Fields is back. Won't need a designated deep ball guy.

Being pulled for Nathan fucking Peterman is even more damning than Andy Dalton coming in for QB sneaks in place of Bryce Young.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It will definitely be nice when Fields is back. Won't need a designated deep ball guy.

Being pulled for Nathan fucking Peterman is even more damning than Andy Dalton coming in for QB sneaks in place of Bryce Young.

I know a redneck looking guy who went to my local dive bar. He ccould throw the ball about 60+ yards.

Maybe the bears should sign him for hail mary duty?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
They substituted Peterman to throw the hail mary at the end of the half from roughly the 50 yard line. And last weak, he underthrew DJ for the long INT he threw.

Other than that, the kid looks good.

Question is, how will this limit his ceiling once the book goes out on him and they start taking away other areas of his game?
I thought that was a very stupid thing to do and make it very obvious that the kid has a weak arm.
Definitely not a good thing. Other than that, this will make opposing teams start to blitz more knowing Bagent isn't gonna gun it out.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:

Wait actually? Who was the other?

@dbldrew is incapable of subjectivity.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

It'll be nice to have Fields back for you cause you are used to being a loser and rooting for losers.