We're totally trading up for Trey Lance.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only thing I got out of this press conference.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nope did you here him talk about ammunition and about big moves, what bigger then trading up to 2, were getting trevor lawrence baby!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not convinced they're trading up. There's a lot of QB talent in this draft. (fortunately) They are 100% drafting at least one QB. Maybe two.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
One thing Pace has proven is that he will trade up. He is a sucker, a fool, and has no patience. Wish Emery had this mindset during the Donald draft.
Do I always like the player Pace picked? No. But I am very happy that he has the guts to trade up. He identifies his target and makes the necessary move.

I'd rather fail for bold moves than fail for timidity.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Nagy: Ted and Ryan, I think we really need to go hard after Trey Lance. I think we have the ammo to pull it off.
Pace: Wait, but isn't he black?
Nagy: Yes, but his mom is white. Like Pat's mom.
Pace: Pat who?
Nagy: Pat Myhomeboy, sucka
Pace, Ted, Nagy: girlish giggles and high fives

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I see a Darnold trade.

Its scary situation when the guy making the decisions, has the complete control of draft capital and a say it in contracts, is on life support with that same organization. I’m afraid Pace is going to sell the future to win 9 games and get another 7th seed so he can get an extension.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I see a Donald trade.

Its scary situation when the guy making the decisions, has the complete control of draft capital and a say it in contracts, is on life support with that same organization. I’m afraid Pace is going to sell the future to win 9 games and get another 7th seed so he can get an extension.

I'm assuming you mean darnold, and yes, that could happen.....would be so bears.

Darnold is bad.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
They spent that entire press conference dodging the fact that there is basically zero long-term commitment to Pace and Nagy. The silence regarding contract status spoke way louder than anything they actually said.

So the way I see it, if there's no long-term commitment to the general manager or head coach then there is no reason to give them control of long-term assets. The fact that McCaskey and Phillips themselves flatly refused to endorse Pace or Nagy's job status past week one of the 2021 season should ensure that Pace does not have access to draft picks that stretch beyond this current draft.

Southside

Liked Posts:
Lol I hope they get Lance because Lance may fall due to him not playing. The irony of Pace passing up on two black QBs who had more experience than Mitch to having to hope that another black QB saves his job just a few years later is kinda hilarious.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Every year the CCS Player Evaluators make these grand prognostications about players who can't miss, and it always inevitably ends with Day 2 or 3 posts about how they are SHOCKED that Player X and Player Y are still available.

It's almost as if NFL GMs, scouts, and other executives are privy to better information.

Last edited:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
so if they draft a rook, they can't afford to let him sit and learn, they're going to have to show off the fact that the new toy gives some hope.....i'm not sure i can watch many more games of Foles

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If I had one off-season to save my job I would certainly not waste the twentieth overall pick on a quarterback. It is way easier to win ten games and make the playoffs in the NFL than it is to find a franchise quarterback.