We're totally trading up for Trey Lance.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think thoses question have all been answered by the play on the field, the questionable deals and contracts giving out by the GM, the horrendous coaching by Nagy.
The defense is freaking old. The offense is atrocious. The GM is clueless.
Foles was a super bowl winning quarterback when he got here.....he is a back up that isn’t as good s Mitch....say those words out loud and see if you have a good feeling.
We are not going to go to the playoffs next year, we are going to be mediocre to bad again.
Stop this fantasy thing you have going on.

We are not a great football team.....and will not be for the foreseeable future if they think keeping Pace and Nagy was a good idea
tenor.gif

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I want to reply to this post but the overreacting in it is just so much to handle that i'm not sure anything i write would matter anyway.

We do not have HUGE issues at pass rush and safety at all. K.Mack is gonna be just fine and will be just fine and wasn't as bad as many think that are just going only off of looking at his sack stats. R.Quinn was obviously off this year but i'd be willing to bet he gets in the double digit sacks next year cause he's like one of those players that's just been off and on each year and i just can't see him having another bad year and did start playing better towards the end of the season and in the Saints playoff game.

Seth Walder
@SethWalder

Sacks Created -- where we credit the person who first beat their blocker, as opposed to the person who finished the sack. 2020 Leaders: Aaron Donald 19 Myles Garrett 16.5 T.J. Watt 14.5 Khalil Mack 13 Justin Houston 12 Emmanuel Ogbah 11 Carl Lawson 10.5

E.Jackson has not lived up to his contract since he signed and i'm pretty sure i'm the first one to bring this up on CCS cause i talked about it during the 2019 season but nobody wanted to listen to me. Even with that you guys gotta stop with saying he's trash cause he's still very far from being trash. He definitely needs to step his game up next season and maybe a new DC that will hopefully bring in a more aggressive scheme will help him. Again....Eddie Jackson is far from being trash. T.Gipson played well this year and was a beast in the Saints playoff game but not sure why, or how, you somehow know he won't be back next year but even if he did finding a SS isn't all that hard to do.

I'm not worried about the defense and that's with the thought that we'll need to get rid of at least one of ouy higher paid defenders to clear cap space to get this offense right.

It wouldn't be the first time that a player closer to the end of their career than the beginning cashes in on a huge payday and then disappears for the rest of their career because of horrible play or "injuries".

I believe that Quinn is done and will not be an impact player for us. He literally did nothing this year. OK, a couple plays, so not nothing, but nowhere in the same league as his contract. I did not like the signing when it happened.

Mack has not been great and I believe he is trending in the wrong direction. You can believe what you what just like the person who wrote the post above that you are responding too. Calling it an overreaction is being ignorant.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm assuming you mean darnold, and yes, that could happen.....would be so bears.

Darnold is bad.

I think he meant trading for Aaron Donald. The one thing Pace has taught us is no amount of money is too much to spend on defense.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I want to reply to this post but the overreacting in it is just so much to handle that i'm not sure anything i write would matter anyway.

We do not have HUGE issues at pass rush and safety at all. K.Mack is gonna be just fine and will be just fine and wasn't as bad as many think that are just going only off of looking at his sack stats. R.Quinn was obviously off this year but i'd be willing to bet he gets in the double digit sacks next year cause he's like one of those players that's just been off and on each year and i just can't see him having another bad year and did start playing better towards the end of the season and in the Saints playoff game.

Seth Walder

@SethWalder

Sacks Created -- where we credit the person who first beat their blocker, as opposed to the person who finished the sack. 2020 Leaders: Aaron Donald 19 Myles Garrett 16.5 T.J. Watt 14.5 Khalil Mack 13 Justin Houston 12 Emmanuel Ogbah 11 Carl Lawson 10.5

E.Jackson has not lived up to his contract since he signed and i'm pretty sure i'm the first one to bring this up on CCS cause i talked about it during the 2019 season but nobody wanted to listen to me. Even with that you guys gotta stop with saying he's trash cause he's still very far from being trash. He definitely needs to step his game up next season and maybe a new DC that will hopefully bring in a more aggressive scheme will help him. Again....Eddie Jackson is far from being trash. T.Gipson played well this year and was a beast in the Saints playoff game but not sure why, or how, you somehow know he won't be back next year but even if he did finding a SS isn't all that hard to do.

I'm not worried about the defense and that's with the thought that we'll need to get rid of at least one of ouy higher paid defenders to clear cap space to get this offense right.
Actually our pass rush was average at best...that’s a huge problem.
We were not a good defense and getting older is not gonna help.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
So was Texas Tech’s track record before Mahomes, Cal’s track record before Rodgers, etc.

I don’t think your getting a better top 3 QB class than this for a while. I love both Wilson and Fields and flip flop on who I like more. Fields has the pedigree coming from high school and has backed it up. Wilson looks like Rodgers. For me Wilson is 1A Fields is 1B.

texas tech air raid scheme was not typically viewed as a fit in pro style offenses until as of the last 5 yrs or so.
cal's track record of qb's that had top 10 QBR in college were few and far between, OSU typically has had a top 10 QBR every few years with guys like smith, barrett, haskins, fields.

Dont get me wrong if fields becomes a franchise qb then great, i'm just skeptical in that he'll be that guy. Personally my guy is howell ironically from UNC, he's got vision, live arm, good footwork and has made full field reads.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Actually our pass rush was average at best...that’s a huge problem.
We were not a good defense and getting older is not gonna help.

I agree our pass rush was not where it should of been especially in the sacks department, but i think we could get right back to being in the top half of the league in pass rush stats next year with the right DC and good health. I don't think R.Quinn is done, but this also just one man's opinion, so we'll see next year cause he's not going anywhere for at least next year cause $30 mil of his $70 mil is guaranteed so he needs to get his shit right and show up for us next year like he did on his very first pass ruch as a Chicago Bear. That's so crazy that he got a sack in his very first pass rush with us and then..............................

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Robert Quinn is a problem because we are stuck with him and a 14 million cap hit this season
That won’t help us get younger.
Hicks is getting older, should be good but we will see.
We were the 2nd oldest team in the nfl. Pace should of been fired for that contract.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have you ever seen a GM more desperate than Pace right now?

He needs something to cling on to. Whether it’s a top veteran QB changing teams like Stafford or hope in a top QB prospect.

Rams went from 15 to 1 to get Goff.

If either Wilson or Fields falls out of the top 3, I see Pace swinging for the fences.

Well, I'm all in for Wilson... and tbh, I don't care about the cost. We could tear this whole thing down after finding out he's got what it takes for all I care. A great QB could have a 15 year career in the NFL these days...

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It cost the Rams

I think you are in the ball park of what it would cost.

You also need teams at 8 and 12 not to make similar offers with less of a fall.
It also cost the Eagles 6 picks and 2 players to move up to #2 for Wentz. Bears are desperate who knows what they would give up for a shot at Wilson or Fields.