We're totally trading up for Trey Lance.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I like how he always keeps his eyes downfield, even while evading pressure in and outside of the pocket. I'd really like it if they got Lance. I just don't think it'll happen.

He would fit the mold of getting a dynamic QB who doesn't necessarily need to be surrounded by all the best weapons, a player who can create exciting plays on his own, which is the only kind of good QB that can really work in a Bears uniform, probably.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Dead men walking sabotage the future out of desperation is so bears. And my opinion has nothing to do with Wilson or lance but more so to please don’t let a gm you aren’t willing to extend make a move that would hurt a future gm from day 1. This is what sucks when an owner won’t eat 20 mil

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I know I trust Matt Nagy to tailor his offense to an athletic QB with limited experience; just look at his sterling track record there!

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Either trade up for Fields/Wilson, trade up for Jones/Lance (OR they fall to your pick), or trade for Deshaun Watson.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If I had one off-season to save my job I would certainly not waste the twentieth overall pick on a quarterback. It is way easier to win ten games and make the playoffs in the NFL than it is to find a franchise quarterback.
You are certainly not wrong. But after this presser, they are either moving up to draft one or pull off a trade for one (Watson, etc).

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Either trade up for Fields/Wilson, trade up for Jones/Lance (OR they fall to your pick), or trade for Deshaun Watson.
Please tell me what kind of record you see us having with either of those quarterbacks.
I don’t see better than 8-8 ......again

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
How can anyone speculate what these guys where hinting at doing when they avoid pointed questions, and when they do give an answer it is in some fucking riddle with no conclusion and just leads into another totally unrelated riddle.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
That would be like trading for Lamar Jackson and expecting Nagy to know what kind of offense to run with him. Not happening.

if the bears had Lamar Jackson they would be in shotgun formation empty set and running 7 step drop backs 30 yards down the field

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
What I got out of the presser is that these guys are both out next year if they don’t make the playoffs and that they committed long term to neither one. The silence speaks volumes too. Both contracts end after 2021 and they’ll let it play out.

It sucks that another year of our lives will be wasted watching this trash, I wouldn’t let Pace draft a QB either, he wanted his King Foles so badly throw that Snowman back out there to play 500, let the Bears go 6-10 and then give a new GM a decent draft pick to work with.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Please tell me what kind of record you see us having with either of those quarterbacks.
I don’t see better than 8-8 ......again
Don't know about the first 4, but with D. Watson we're looking at 10 wins for sure I would say. Definitely if you bring back ARob.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Lol I hope they get Lance because Lance may fall due to him not playing. The irony of Pace passing up on two black QBs who had more experience than Mitch to having to hope that another black QB saves his job just a few years later is kinda hilarious.

LOL.....really?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
if the bears had Lamar Jackson they would be in shotgun formation empty set and running 7 step drop backs 30 yards down the field
I bet we'd have beaten GB at least once though and have made POs on own I would bet easy money on that. Don't knock a decent QB will natural talent for making things happen just bcuz runs alot. Look around every winning team right now had that in their arsenal.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I bet we'd have beaten GB at least once though and have made POs on own I would bet easy money on that. Don't knock a decent QB will natural talent for making things happen just bcuz runs alot. Look around every winning team right now had that in their arsenal.

im not dissing Lamar, I’m just saying Nagy is such an inept coach that he can take a player with a special ability and coach it completely out of his game lol. If Lamar was here Nagy would find a way to limit him

coolio

Liked Posts:
They literally walked into and blamed Mitch for everything is what I got from that presser