We're totally trading up for Trey Lance.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Don't know about the first 4, but with D. Watson we're looking at 10 wins for sure I would say. Definitely if you bring back ARob.
I have no prob with getting Watson, but the Bears need to remember he wants out so don’t throw everything at them before you know what they want. We still have to field a team around his to help him win. He showed he can’t do it on his own.

Our schedule looks harder than this years.
who on our team is going to make Deshaun better than he had on his team?
Is Cooks and Fuller worse than Robinson and Mooney?
David and Duke Johnson worse than Monty and Patterson?
Our defense was better but is it going to be the same next year?

if he could only win 4 games with that team what makes you so sure he would actually win ten here?

is he going get us over the Green Bay hump?

shoez90

Liked Posts:
im not dissing Lamar, I’m just saying Nagy is such an inept coach that he can take a player with a special ability and coach it completely out of his game lol. If Lamar was here Nagy would find a way to limit him
I hear you but I also think winners gonna win in spite of a shitty coach bcuz they have better decision making abilities. you think a Payton manning would throw those stupid plays bcuz Nagy said so and lose ? I don't.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So the mobile guy that should have played more, has the best INT to TD ratio and was not great his last game but projects well.
Sounds like somebody I know.

1610580827610.png

jda0877

Liked Posts:
I'm not convinced they're trading up. There's a lot of QB talent in this draft. (fortunately) They are 100% drafting at least one QB. Maybe two.
BPA. Pace may take zero QBs. Said he was taking one every year. Wouldn't be surprised

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think they make a bold move to trade up. I don’t think it will be Lance. My guess is Zach Wilson.

I'd be okay with this. Depending on what they give up, I guess.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Id be absolutely shocked if this team trades into the top 10 to get a QB. Youd basically be trading up to get one of either Fields, Wilson or Lance. Im guessing if all three are there at whatever spot they trade up to Pace will obviously go with Wilson for obvious reasons.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Some kind of major trade this off-season for a quarterback seems increasingly more likely now that Pace and Nagy have such little job security and no competent quarterback on the roster. Pace has to know this team isn't going to be very good next year without a new quarterback, given the aging defense and probably no more Allen Robinson, so you'd think he's going to try and go out swinging for the fences this off-season to do everything he possibly can to acquire a top tier talent at quarterback.

Zach Wilson is my pipe dream, but Trey Lance would be another solid get. Unfortunately, we all know they're going to trade up a few spots for somebody like Mac Jones and tell us he's special.. until he gets on the field and isn't.

Barring some kind of significant trade involving Watson or Prescott, there's no way the Bears come out of the 1st round this year without drafting a quarterback.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson is going to be a stud in the NFL... it's a shame we can't trade up for him.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it illegal for the Bears or something lol.

Nah... I just think he'll go too high and will be out of reach. I think he goes within the first 5 picks. We all know how stiff GM's get in their britches for QB's once the Combine comes around...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
They spent that entire press conference dodging the fact that there is basically zero long-term commitment to Pace and Nagy. The silence regarding contract status spoke way louder than anything they actually said.

So the way I see it, if there's no long-term commitment to the general manager or head coach then there is no reason to give them control of long-term assets. The fact that McCaskey and Phillips themselves flatly refused to endorse Pace or Nagy's job status past week one of the 2021 season should ensure that Pace does not have access to draft picks that stretch beyond this current draft.
So who do you let run the draft then? Ted? George?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah... I just think he'll go too high and will be out of reach. I think he goes within the first 5 picks. We all know how stiff GM's get in their britches for QB's once the Combine comes around...

Have you ever seen a GM more desperate than Pace right now?

He needs something to cling on to. Whether it’s a top veteran QB changing teams like Stafford or hope in a top QB prospect.

Rams went from 15 to 1 to get Goff.

If either Wilson or Fields falls out of the top 3, I see Pace swinging for the fences.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
All this talk of what the Bears would look like if they had Watson and whether they'd win more, etc.----I think Bears fans would be shocked at how good a HOF-level quarterback immediately makes your team. Yes, the Texans sucked this year, but the Bears are a lot better than the Texans. It would basically turn the Bears into a perennial playoff team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have no prob with getting Watson, but the Bears need to remember he wants out so don’t throw everything at them before you know what they want. We still have to field a team around his to help him win. He showed he can’t do it on his own.

Our schedule looks harder than this years.
who on our team is going to make Deshaun better than he had on his team?
Is Cooks and Fuller worse than Robinson and Mooney?
David and Duke Johnson worse than Monty and Patterson?
Our defense was better but is it going to be the same next year?

if he could only win 4 games with that team what makes you so sure he would actually win ten here?

is he going get us over the Green Bay hump?

So the mobile guy that should have played more, has the best INT to TD ratio and was not great his last game but projects well.
Sounds like somebody I know.

View attachment 9738

True but if Lance has what it takes between the ears then he could be better than what Trubsiky was projected to be by many before he was drafted. But yes it would be a huge dart throw to draft T.Lance whether we traded up for him or if he was sitting there at #20 and we drafted him there. If all these "draft experts" and football people talk this guy up around draft time thinking he's gonna be a good one then i'm all for drafting him or trading up for him depending what we'd have to give up to trade up.

All these kids have plenty of talent but the thing that can't be predicted is what's between the ears and that's a huge part of making it in the NFL. If the kid can come into the NFL and play with confidence then that's one of the biggest hurdles to jump to be able to make it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OMG Really?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
All this talk of what the Bears would look like if they had Watson and whether they'd win more, etc.----I think Bears fans would be shocked at how good a HOF-level quarterback immediately makes your team. Yes, the Texans sucked this year, but the Bears are a lot better than the Texans. It would basically turn the Bears into a perennial playoff team.

QB is the only thing the Bears were missing this year to be not only a playoff team but a team that can make noise in the playoffs. No matter how much anyone wants to disagree with this it's true.

A real QB changes so much for this team from the running game, with not only the RB's but him as well if we're talking about D.Watson, to the passing game. How nice would it of been to have a QB that could hit a WR with the deep ball? Don't forget how much it helps the defense by keeping them off the field so much more then they were on it in games this year. ARob, Mooney, A.Miller, J.Graham, C.Kmet, D.Montgomery, T.Cohen and C.Patterson is more than enough offensive weapons for a D.Watson. Now the o-line would of still been an issue but even they played better once we got A.Bars and S.Mustipher starting and moving Ifedi to RT.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It will just be great to have a new guy to talk about. I hope we get one.