What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Just finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Very meh. Combat was inconsistent and easy. All the upgrades for skills and equipment were irrelevant. Way to much boring collection stuff. The story was barely explained. Glad it was free.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Tried to pick up Jedi FO again and continue on my way.. cant get in to it.. major disconnect with me.... i need to find something else to play..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Said fuck Jedi FO, too boring. Finally started Day Z again.. Tried it years ago but life. Wish the shit looked better and no so dated.....and i wish it had more tutorials.. as is, imma have to learn a handful of shit from the web. hate doing that..

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Said fuck Jedi FO, too boring. Finally started Day Z again.. Tried it years ago but life. Wish the shit looked better and no so dated.....and i wish it had more tutorials.. as is, imma have to learn a handful of shit from the web. hate doing that..

Yeah I remember why I stopped playing dayz day 1 last time.. its boring after you get your basic shit together... i guess i could build my load out even better and join a loaded server for some pvp.. but if i just wanna pvp.. might as well play a better pvp game. next

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Yeah I remember why I stopped playing dayz day 1 last time.. its boring after you get your basic shit together... i guess i could build my load out even better and join a loaded server for some pvp.. but if i just wanna pvp.. might as well play a better pvp game. next
Never played DayZ but I thought the main draw was the pvp

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just beat yakuza zero cool story but fuck it’s more a story than a game. Not sure if I will play the others definitely not next. 80% of the game is a story might as well just made an anime out of this

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Never played DayZ but I thought the main draw was the pvp

maybe for those peeps into pvp. im a survival genre junkie n like the pve, but even thats is lacking in this game. i mean its there, but its just awful.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Was gonna start Dying Light 2 but opted to dust off some game called 7D2D. Shit is still in alpha.. lol.. Think the last time i played it was 5 years ago. Interested in seeing how the game has progressed in 5 years with all its updates

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I've been going through a gaming lull. I can't seem to find a game that hooks me quite the way Witcher 3 did. I'll go through stretches where I play League of Legends for like 2-3 months then not for 6 months. I played Horizon Zero Dawn for a while but I'm at level 37 and it feels like I still have a million things to do in it. AC Valhalla was great until I got to Denmark and the game decided to crash every 3 minutes. I like shooting the bow and arrow but I don't know, I'm just bored of shooting mechanical dinosaurs. I beat Cyberpunk 2077 and that was a cool game after the patches. I tried Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and I wasn't vibing with the controls. I'm almost half tempted to give Mass Effect Legendary Edition a try since at least I know I'll have almost 3 full games worth of great content. Just can't seem to work myself up to replaying it though.

To put into perspective how bored I've been for a new game to hook me, I beat powerwash simulator on game pass. The entire career mode and the special mode. Most relaxing game I've ever played but also the least mentally taxing.

I just need to find a new game that hooks me for a few months before I inevitably relapse back into the cesspool that is League.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I've been going through a gaming lull. I can't seem to find a game that hooks me quite the way Witcher 3 did. I'll go through stretches where I play League of Legends for like 2-3 months then not for 6 months. I played Horizon Zero Dawn for a while but I'm at level 37 and it feels like I still have a million things to do in it. AC Valhalla was great until I got to Denmark and the game decided to crash every 3 minutes. I like shooting the bow and arrow but I don't know, I'm just bored of shooting mechanical dinosaurs. I beat Cyberpunk 2077 and that was a cool game after the patches. I tried Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order and I wasn't vibing with the controls. I'm almost half tempted to give Mass Effect Legendary Edition a try since at least I know I'll have almost 3 full games worth of great content. Just can't seem to work myself up to replaying it though.

To put into perspective how bored I've been for a new game to hook me, I beat powerwash simulator on game pass. The entire career mode and the special mode. Most relaxing game I've ever played but also the least mentally taxing.

I just need to find a new game that hooks me for a few months before I inevitably relapse back into the cesspool that is League.

a game that actually hooks is few and far between the older i get it seems.

best part of witcher 3 was gwent. i tried to play the stand alone gwent game but they wanted me to sign up for an acct or something.. passed. witcher 3 was good though. think i did 100+ hours trying to complete everything. oddly enough i vaguely remember the game . i generally try to sit on long games like that for holidays.. then carry them into work weeks.. still sitting on cyberpunk and dying light 2.. im sure id hit 100 with those leisurely wandering around and doing all the side quests.

Im back on 7d2d after 5 years off. nearing 400 hours played. been so long i forgot stuff but its familiar enough even with all the updates. like a new game in ways. shit still buggy.. especially the sus hit boxes.. but its an enjoyable game if you racked up hours on minecraft and enjoyed that at some point in your gaming career..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I liked mass effect legendary it was really really fun. Some people don’t like the ending to the third game

I see you have game pass the ninja gaiden trilogy is pretty good

magawice

Never fish another mans pond!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  2. Chicago White Sox
  3. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Nashville Predators
Played nephews forza racing on Xbox, takes 6 min to load everything, all new game systems are bs.

intellivision, Atari, apple 2 e, c, PlayStation 1 & 2 disc in, reset, game on within 30 seconds.

now it’s 2 hrs for download, etc etc.

SOCOM is still King!

armored core, my apple pc beyond castle Wolfenstein floppy

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Idk if you've delved into tactical games like XCOM2 or Gears Tactics, but they might scratch your itch for a bit.

So few games are written/designed for deep immersive experiences where a player can get swallowed up by the world-building, these days.

Just make graphics, battle royale mode, and start selling DLCs/extras.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been playing Control. Pretty cool blend of a shooter, puzzle solving, a trippy story, etc. Enjoying it so far although I do wander around a lot.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@cameronkrazie86 I found Watch Dogs to be a decent immersive world/story as well.

I picked up Watch Dogs 2 and haven't delved into it yet.

It reminded me of a 3rd person Cyberpunk 2077 where there was slightly more to the world than CB2077's Night City.

I spent more time playing Texas Hold'em poker in Watch Dogs than anything else lol.

It helped that if I lost all my money on a huge hand, I always had the option to pull my gun and shoot anyone at the poker table lol.

I am in the middle of a 2nd attempt at playing thru CB2077 right now, maybe ill go Watch Dogs 2 after.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Far cry 5 is on game pass playing that right now. One of the watch dog games is on there also

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@cameronkrazie86 I found Watch Dogs to be a decent immersive world/story as well.

I picked up Watch Dogs 2 and haven't delved into it yet.

It reminded me of a 3rd person Cyberpunk 2077 where there was slightly more to the world than CB2077's Night City.

I spent more time playing Texas Hold'em poker in Watch Dogs than anything else lol.

It helped that if I lost all my money on a huge hand, I always had the option to pull my gun and shoot anyone at the poker table lol.

I am in the middle of a 2nd attempt at playing thru CB2077 right now, maybe ill go Watch Dogs 2 after.
Lol I spent most of red dead redemption playing hold em. I didn’t know you could play hold em in watch dogs. I just kept driving to the place on the map where my work was in chicago at the time which is… weird. I liked watch dogs 2 a lot more than watch dogs because of the much more fun ways you could hack traffic intersections.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol I spent most of red dead redemption playing hold em. I didn’t know you could play hold em in watch dogs. I just kept driving to the place on the map where my work was in chicago at the time which is… weird. I liked watch dogs 2 a lot more than watch dogs because of the much more fun ways you could hack traffic intersections.

Oh yeah, there are a few like "underground" poker games.

Ima have to check out them traffic hacks.

And you reminded me I need to keep an eye out for RDR2 on a Steam Deal.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I wish Rockstar hadn't basically abandoned RDR2 online. They put all that effort into creating the online but then basically did the barest of bare minimums to maintain it. I'd rather not have the online aspect and instead have more story content but since that doesn't make them more money, we got the worst of both worlds. The main game is an amazing game, one of my favorites (along with RDR). I thought with all the open area of the online that maybe we'd get a remake of the original game but that didn't pan out either.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Age of Empire IV (Released Oct 2021) is on a Steam sale 50% off (29.99)

If you're a fan, jump on this deal.

I been waiting.