What Are You Playing Right Now? (Gaming Thread)

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Just finished Arkham Knight had it in my playstation library free. Many years ago I had played Arkham Asylum on my xbox 360 ... a the ancient past... I really liked it but had never played any of the other games in the series.
After Arkham Knight I want to go back and play the other ones.
Lots of fun types of stuff to do. It has these big brawls. You can get through them by mashing buttons but if you actually learn the fighting system you can pull off some really cool stuff.
My favorite things was when you had to use stealth to take out armed guys.
Trying to decide if I want to go for platinum. I only need like 4 more trophies but they are hard ones. You have to be perfect on these hard vr challenges and play through the main story mode 1 time on the hardest level.

Highly recommend.

I also want to go back and play the games I missed

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just finished Arkham Knight had it in my playstation library free. Many years ago I had played Arkham Asylum on my xbox 360 ... a the ancient past... I really liked it but had never played any of the other games in the series.
After Arkham Knight I want to go back and play the other ones.
Lots of fun types of stuff to do. It has these big brawls. You can get through them by mashing buttons but if you actually learn the fighting system you can pull off some really cool stuff.
My favorite things was when you had to use stealth to take out armed guys.
Trying to decide if I want to go for platinum. I only need like 4 more trophies but they are hard ones. You have to be perfect on these hard vr challenges and play through the main story mode 1 time on the hardest level.

Highly recommend.

I also want to go back and play the games I missed
The trilogy deluxe addition was on sale for 6,99 ps store see if it’s still that price total steal

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Played a little bit of Injustice 2 to see how it was since I got that an Mortal Kombat 11 on combo deal. I really suck at fighting games lmao. Idk if my timing is just terrible or what...maybe I just don't understand the mechanics of combos. Story cinematics and storyline itself are fun, just gotta actually learn how to play the darn game.

I'll probably put that on pause and go back to my playthroughs of Arkham Origins or Persona 4, at least I can feel competent again for a bit.

Bust

Liked Posts:
!HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE!

I remember randomly coming across this gameplay trailer back in the day. Read the youtube comments, ouch!

Who woulda thunk it would be delisted on steam just 4 days after launch. #scam

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
!HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE!

I remember randomly coming across this gameplay trailer back in the day. Read the youtube comments, ouch!

Who woulda thunk it would be delisted on steam just 4 days after launch. #scam

How to fail at software development:

1. Start with a big idea and no concrete vision
2. Get someone to throw money at the non-idea with no vision
3. Fail and cause financial stress and/or ruin for lots of people

If you tried to engineer your own house, they'd stop you.

If you tried to engineer your own car, they'd stop you.

If you tried to engineer your own road, they'd stop you.

If you tried to engineer your own new medicine, they'd stop you.

But you can fucking write any code you want which does any harm you want and the govt is like "The internet is a series of tubes so far as we know."

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Tears of the kingdom is an absolute masterpiece. Nintendo just consistently knocks the Legend of Zelda out of the park. They've got me running around cooking food, growing gardens, building a house, and riding dragons over accomplishing the actual quests lol

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plague Tale is free for those with a psn account this month.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been playing Goat Simulator.
My goat likes to jump on trampolines.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've been playing Goat Simulator.
My goat likes to jump on trampolines.
GS3
200w.webp

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord

(Side note, but why tf would you name it 2 and give it the Bannerlord title?)

7/10 if you like Mount and Blade.

Still lacks the filler/glue RPG elements and Campaign map/World economy remains very simple.

The combat is fun, and troop costs do require you to participate in the economic part.

1705348931134.png

You can RPG on your own early game as a trader or mercenary, but the sandbox really pushes you to become a Lord/King or be stuck at the combat kiddie table.

Horse murder is not only permitted, but common in this game, yet if they run full speed in to a wall or tree nothing bad happens to them, nor their rider.

Its one of the strangest aspects of a game about mounted combat.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Did end up platinuming Arkham Knight.
So I wanted something light and fun for a break.
I loaded up Rayman Legends.. looked like a kids platforming. .
cartoony designs cute sound effect...

DUDE things like a Souls game.. It's an old school hard platformer. . One litte slip up and you blow up like a balloon and die.
I'm too old for this my hand hurts.

Fun though

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, not really a gamer anymore so I have to ask.

I finished the first Red Dead Redemption on my PS5 about a month ago. Downloaded RD2 and so far...it's terrible.

So slow getting on/off horses, skinning animals is a pain. I can't just walk over the weapons and inventory them, I have to pick them up? I have to clean my guns and horse?

It's like a group of super nerds got together to make this a real world. It's absolutely wretched. Waaaaay too many useless details. I wish I could get a refund.

Anyone else feel this way? Sure as shit hope GTA isn't going to be like this.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I finished the first Red Dead Redemption on my PS5 about a month ago. Downloaded RD2 and so far...it's terrible.

So slow getting on/off horses, skinning animals is a pain. I can't just walk over the weapons and inventory them, I have to pick them up? I have to clean my guns and horse?

It's like a group of super nerds got together to make this a real world. It's absolutely wretched. Waaaaay too many useless details. I wish I could get a refund.

I tried playing it back in 2022 when I got it on a Steam deal.

It got lost in the wash of other games I picked up in the Halloween sale IIRC.

I recall the controls felt clunky during that opening sequence in the snow and the story didn't draw me initially.

I am hoping something sparks me to go back, I've not yet uninstalled it.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I feel the same way about it. So many people have talked about how great that game is. I just don't get it. Clunky controls, slow, boring. Maybe it gets better.