What Bears players could be pushed and looking for new jobs in 2020?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We've already talked about this quite a bit in other threads and thrown names around but thought this was a pretty good article to have it's own thread about the Bears cap issues that we'll face in the coming years and how they'll have to cut players that we wouldn't want to see go because we have to create cap space, and what young players we have now that could push some players that are starting now out the door in 2020.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
J. Wims might be looking ?over his shoulder ? now that The BEARS drafted this Ridley guy who seems to already be a training camp fave with his beastly ? ability to grab those contested balls ??? that are 50/50 for most WR but for him ? balls as far as the hype goes :unsure:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe we keep 7 WR's and not only Wims makes the team but this E.Hall KID does as well.

ARob
T.Gabriel
A.Miller
R.Riley
C.Patterson
J.Wims
E.Hall

Or maybe they just list C.Patterson as a ST player so we actually keep the other 6.

I'm too old to do all the emoji crap like you do but it sure looks.....well kinda stupid but different and it's good at telling how young you are.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Maybe we keep 7 WR's and not only Wims makes the team but this E.Hall KID does as well.

ARob
T.Gabriel
A.Miller
R.Riley
C.Patterson
J.Wims
E.Hall

Or maybe they just list C.Patterson as a ST player so we actually keep the other 6.

I'm too old to do all the emoji crap like you do but it sure looks.....well kinda stupid but different and it's good at telling how young you are.
busy

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

ARob
T.Gabriel
A.Miller
R.Riley
C.Patterson
J.Wims
E.Hall

Wait ⛔⛔⛔⛔, I thought we were all 40+ fat losers ???like your girlfriend ???@msadows likes to claim? Which is it velcro virgin????

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
If anything it’s Patterson, Robinson and Gabriel who will be processed out with the young new core. Bears have to many cap responsibilities to sustain our starting vets at that position. Out with the old, in with the new. The next player must step up, Wims, Miller, & Ridley.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, especially at the WR position, we are going to need all those vets this season. So it's likely 1 or 2 of the fan favorite young guys don't make the roster. So unless they make it to the PS, they wont be on the roster to take over next year.

Doesnt mean other young guys won't replace them then though...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If anything it’s Patterson, Robinson and Gabriel who will be processed out with the young new core. Bears have to many cap responsibilities to sustain our starting vets at that position. Out with the old, in with the new. The next player must step up, Wims, Miller, & Ridley.

I think we can definitely get by without T.Gabriel even though i think he did some good things for us last year but ARob is the only guy i see as a true #1 WR so i'd like to keep him and see who can step up and take Gabriel's spot as our speedy WR on the outside with A.Miller as our slot guy. E.Hall could be that guy but needs to get much better at route running. He can beat his guy with that straight line speed but he's gotta add more routes then just running straight.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
. E.Hall could be that guy but needs to get much better at route running. He can beat his guy with that straight line speed but he's gotta add more routes then just running straight.

If he adds more routes and then just runs straight, what was the purpose of learning more routes?????

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
Well, especially at the WR position, we are going to need all those vets this season. So it's likely 1 or 2 of the fan favorite young guys don't make the roster. So unless they make it to the PS, they wont be on the roster to take over next year.

Doesnt mean other young guys won't replace them then though...
I agree,
I think we can definitely get by without T.Gabriel even though i think he did some good things for us last year but ARob is the only guy i see as a true #1 WR so i'd like to keep him and see who can step up and take Gabriel's spot as our speedy WR on the outside with A.Miller as our slot guy. E.Hall could be that guy but needs to get much better at route running. He can beat his guy with that straight line speed but he's gotta add more routes then just running straight.
Robinson is a middle tier #1, he would have to agree to a more friendly contract. If he doesn’t The bears will be drafting high on another WR. Gabriel is nice and consistent, very scrappy, but I think we have more versatility waiting to replace him.

We have to many good problems at every position which will cause a ripple effect at this years end. Unfortunately it will effect the vets at WR.

Last edited:

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ARob is the only true #1 on this team but literally everyone here wants to replace him. We literally don't even have a true #2, just a bunch of maybes and a bunch of true #3s and true #4s. We lost our true #5 in ballamy so I'm waiting to see who steps up and takes that spot, but I'm seriously shaking my noggin at ppl here that think ARob is expendable.

How is Trubs ever supposed to silence the haters and beat out PatHomes if CCS trades away every good player we have and surrounds him with middling dorkchops that run straight lines and return kicks??

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
There are many supperbowl teams that didn’t possess a true 1# WR. A-Rob isn’t even top tier in this category, but that’s a different topic.

I would debat that a top WR superstar actually cripples a TEAM, not only by not winning super bowls but keeping a team stagnant if a decade.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
ARob is the only true #1 on this team but literally everyone here wants to replace him. We literally don't even have a true #2, just a bunch of maybes and a bunch of true #3s and true #4s. We lost our true #5 in ballamy so I'm waiting to see who steps up and takes that spot, but I'm seriously shaking my noggin at ppl here that think ARob is expendable.

How is Trubs ever supposed to silence the haters and beat out PatHomes if CCS trades away every good player we have and surrounds him with middling dorkchops that run straight lines and return kicks??

So who are the people that want to replace ARob? All i've seen is people saying he could end up being a way the Bears create cap space if a couple of the WR's in this young group step up this year but don't remember anyone saying they actually want to replace him, well besides Remy who's always hated R.Pace and the ARob signing.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are many supperbowl teams that didn’t possess a true 1# WR. A-Rob isn’t even top tier in this category, but that’s a different topic.

I would debat that a top WR superstar actually cripples a TEAM, not only by not winning super bowls but keeping a team stagnant if a decade.
Your argument is that having better players actually makes you a worse team?

Sheesh, thanks for making it easy for me to decide whether to place you on my ignore list or not.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So who are the people that want to replace ARob? All i've seen is people saying he could end up being a way the Bears create cap space if a couple of the WR's in this young group step up this year but don't remember anyone saying they actually want to replace him, well besides Remy who's always hated R.Pace and the ARob signing.
I wasn't talking to you, I asked you your lunch plans and you ignored me so our budding friendship is donezo.

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
Your argument is that having better players actually makes you a worse team?

Sheesh, thanks for making it easy for me to decide whether to place you on my ignore list or not.
Of course better players improve the team, but that doesn’t always mean that ONE player, especially at that position is worth jeopardizing the team at the core of what Pace is doing. He understands a team must be consistent and balance in a cap market.

It’s just my beliefs that a WR superstar actually hurts a team of balance more than it helps based on the cap. I could give you many examples if you like??

Canth

Liked Posts:
The guy that could find himself on the outside looking in from the offensive side of the ball is probably Mike Burton. The offense does not really require a fullback, and he may be the odd man out if they feel they should keep 7 wide receivers.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course better players improve the team, but that doesn’t always mean that ONE player, especially at that position is worth jeopardizing the team at the core of what Pace is doing. He understands a team must be consistent and balance in a cap market.

It’s just my beliefs that a WR superstar actually hurts a team of balance more than it helps based on the cap. I could give you many examples if you like??
Sigh...

Allen Robinson is set to make an estimated 13m in 2019, placing him 6th among all WRs. This isn't some egregious huge contract, especially when considering ARob is a total team player, and doesn't give 2 shits about his own stat line. He's a tremendous, under rated talent that deserves every penny of that contract. This year is, for all intents and purposes, a contract year for him, as the bears are all but certain to sign him to an extension next offseason for this bonafide talent who will then be 26 yrs old.

What he's set to make in 2020, along with his estimated cap hit, is beyond irrelevant as it will never get to that point. Robinson isn't going anywhere, and I'm willing to bet you literally anything on that.

And if your "examples" are good WRs that never won a SB, that's stupid. That logic has been destroyed on here by multiple posters on multiple occasions. Just stop.