What Bears players could be pushed and looking for new jobs in 2020?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is what i was talking about when i said that because we're up against the cap that we're gonna have to let guys go each year that none of us want to see go and D.Trevathon would aboslutely be one of those guys that i'd hate to see go because him and Roquan are a great ILB duo, but there will have to be tough cuts. Even Amukamara has been pretty damn good for us which surprised a lot of us because when we first got him he always had serious injury issues but has been mostly healthy for us besides missing a few games here and there. HHCD it will come down to if he'll take another team friendly deal but if he plays well then some team out there could offer him a multi year deal that's too rich for our blood but he's a wait and see. I'm not as 100% that K.Long is gone after this season as most are. If he can stay somewhat healthy by giving us 12-13 games, which i know is a lot to ask from Kyle, then i could see us keeping him especially after taking the pay cut from us this offseason. We'll see what happens but with the K.Mack contract and with Whitehair, Floyd and soon E.Jackson and Trubisky needing new contracts there will be tough cuts to make.
Floyd won't get a new contract from the Bears. Long is gone. Jackson is still 2 years away from needing to worry about his contract status. Prince is about to be 30, the bears will more than likely be drafting a CB very high next season and then letting Prince walk. Gabriel will be cut.

You're greatly overestimating how much cap will need to be cleared next season (not surprising). Almost all the space we need to clear can be achieved by cutting Long, Prince, and Gabriel, and letting Floyd walk.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Floyd won't get a new contract from the Bears. Long is gone. Jackson is still 2 years away from needing to worry about his contract status. Prince is about to be 30, the bears will more than likely be drafting a CB very high next season and then letting Prince walk. Gabriel will be cut.

You're greatly overestimating how much cap will need to be cleared next season (not surprising). Almost all the space we need to clear can be achieved by cutting Long, Prince, and Gabriel, and letting Floyd walk.

Pace has aligned three opportunities to move on from Prince. Shelley (who I am sorry I talked about measurables before watching his highlights and the fluidity with which he moves, hands and athleticism) and Denmark...who has all the measurables...and Tolliver who has all the measurables.

Besides that Prince may come to us cheaper on next contract if desired...Pace looks better than most Bears GM's have been at corner depth after this draft.

And Skrine to hold down quality depth guarantee for 1-2 years.
Every year it seems like certain teams like the Chiefs start throwing street guys at corner and once you just get to bodies at that position its bad bad bad for everyone on defense.

WR/CB are in great shape now and future. TE/S need to prove some things but the groups have potential.
Oline/Dline...

O-line is probably the weakest group on this team and yet they have what alot of o-line need, which is continuity and experience with each other. Second year in this system there is reason they will be better. Whitehair/Daniels should be better.

Perhaps we never have a proper swing-tackle because they view Long as the swing tackle?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yes Jackson is two years away which is why i separated his name from Whitehair and Floyd and said Jackson and Trubisky will need new contracts "Soon" but with the way DB's are getting paid it might be a real good idea to get him under contract asap because if he balls out again this year then his price just keeps going up. It's called being a smart GM. Prince is about 30....and? CB's aren't like RB's and they all the sudden fall off when they hit 30. I could give many examples if you really need them? Plus all i said about him is that he's been better then expected since he's been here but i absolutely see him as a player that will be on the list of players to let go after this year. I also think Gabriel will be cut and have made multiple posts saying i think that and that we would be just fine without him.

I'm not greatly overestimating shit because all i said was that we'll be up against the cap for the next few years at least and gave some examples of some players who we could cut to create cap space. You're the one that just said we'd have to cut/let go of 4 starters to achieve the cap space we'd need...LOL. SMDH

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I can see for sure cuts

-gabriel
-akumura

Maybe cut
-Burton if he still can’t perform cause of anxiety
-long-if someone else performs when he has in annual injury

And trevethian won’t be back after we saw the money lb were getting this fa I don’t see him returning

I think ar and Jackson get their extensions next year.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
As for this year I see Floyd and whitehair extensions

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace has aligned three opportunities to move on from Prince. Shelley (who I am sorry I talked about measurables before watching his highlights and the fluidity with which he moves, hands and athleticism) and Denmark...who has all the measurables...and Tolliver who has all the measurables.

Besides that Prince may come to us cheaper on next contract if desired...Pace looks better than most Bears GM's have been at corner depth after this draft.

Every year it seems like certain teams like the Chiefs start throwing street guys at corner and once you just get to bodies at that position its bad bad bad for everyone on defense.

WR/CB are in great shape now and future. TE/S need to prove some things but the groups have potential.
Oline/Dline...

O-line is probably the weakest group on this team and yet they have what alot of o-line need, which is continuity and experience with each other. Second year in this system there is reason they will be better. Whitehair/Daniels should be better.

Perhaps we never have a proper swing-tackle because they view Long as the swing tackle?

Well said but i see swing tackle as our only real need as of now on this team but have hope for R.Coward to be that guy. Our starting 5 are solid besides K.Long's injury issues but think we might have found his replacement, whenever that may be, in A.Bars.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Oline/Dline...

Denmark had a 7.40 three-cone. We have 4 offensive linemen on the roster that had a better three cone. He can't move laterally at all, and is the opposite of fluid. 7th round pick for a reason, not buying it even remotely.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes Jackson is two years away which is why i separated his name from Whitehair and Floyd and said Jackson and Trubisky will need new contracts "Soon" but with the way DB's are getting paid it might be a real good idea to get him under contract asap because if he balls out again this year then his price just keeps going up. It's called being a smart GM. Prince is about 30....and? CB's aren't like RB's and they all the sudden fall off when they hit 30. I could give many examples if you really need them? Plus all i said about him is that he's been better then expected since he's been here but i absolutely see him as a player that will be on the list of players to let go after this year. I also think Gabriel will be cut and have made multiple posts saying i think that and that we would be just fine without him.

I'm not greatly overestimating shit because all i said was that we'll be up against the cap for the next few years at least and gave some examples of some players who we could cut to create cap space. You're the one that just said we'd have to cut/let go of 4 starters to achieve the cap space we'd need...LOL. SMDH
The bears are slated to be 24m in the hole in 2020. Thats before considering the obvious cuts of Long and Gabriel, probable cut of Prince, and the backloaded extension of ARob. Sorry you can't do basic math, I guess..?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I can see for sure cuts

-gabriel
-akumura

Maybe cut
-Burton if he still can’t perform cause of anxiety
-long-if someone else performs when he has in annual injury

And trevethian won’t be back after we saw the money lb were getting this fa I don’t see him returning

I think ar and Jackson get their extensions next year.

It would suck to have to let Burton go because of Anxiety issues because he still played well for us last year and think as long as he gets past these anxiety issues then he'll finish out his contract with us. Has it ever been confirmed that it was anxiety issues that kept him from playing in the playoff game against Philly or is that just what we came up with on here from going off of some stupid tweets from the media and people on here ran with it?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You pretty much will have skrine as a starter opposite Fuller next season. The db we have been collecting from the last two drafts will end up fighting it out for nb.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It would suck to have to let Burton go because of Anxiety issues because he still played well for us last year and think as long as he gets past these anxiety issues then he'll finish out his contract with us. Has it ever been confirmed that it was anxiety issues that kept him from playing in the playoff game against Philly or is that just what we came up with on here from going off of some stupid tweets from the media and people on here ran with it?

All signs point to anxiety. If he can’t contribute in the playoffs his 5 mil a year needs to be used on someone that can

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The bears are slated to be 24m in the hole in 2020. Thats before considering the obvious cuts of Long and Gabriel, probable cut of Prince, and the backloaded extension of ARob. Sorry you can't do basic math, I guess..?

Hahaha what the fuck are you talking about now NoSack? This is why i can't talk football with you. You have no sense and when put on the spot you twist peoples words around like they said something they never said. We will see next offseason if the Bears are or aren't up against the cap.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You pretty much will have skrine as a starter opposite Fuller next season. The db we have been collecting from the last two drafts will end up fighting it out for nb.

Not so sure that Skrine would be our starter opposite Fuller at CB next year but can see D.Shelley taking that NB spot from him. How much of Skrine's money is guaranteed? We might be able to cut him if his guaranteed money is up or close to it after this year and Shelley takes that NB spot.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hahaha what the fuck are you talking about now NoSack? This is why i can't talk football with you. You have no sense and when put on the spot you twist peoples words around like they said something they never said. We will see next offseason if the Bears are or aren't up against the cap.
You are so incredibly dense lol

Are you capable of critical thinking, like at all?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not so sure that Skrine would be our starter opposite Fuller at CB next year but can see D.Shelley taking that NB spot from him. How much of Skrine's money is guaranteed? We might be able to cut him if his guaranteed money is up or close to it after this year and Shelley takes that NB spot.

I don’t see us cutting two dB in one year and need a new safety. Prince cap figure has to go. You aren’t going to litter the secondary with udfa and 7th round picks in one year lol

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t see us cutting two dB in one year and need a new safety. Prince cap figure has to go. You aren’t going to litter the secondary with udfa and 7th round picks in one year lol
I think all those kids are going to be great!

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oline/Dline...

In regards to cb prince taking a team friendly deal is best case imo. After that it’s Tolliver who showed promise in very limited action. I really like the Shelley pick but he projects to nickel. Denmark is a big project.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think all those kids are going to be great!

I hope so but will they by next season?

Oh yeah I think McManus will be a fa also that would be three dB we would lose

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I was more thinking about Shelley taking the NB spot and us signing a veteran for the other CB spot or using one of our two 2nd rounders for the other CB spot.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Which Rooks may push out which players in 2020?

Miller->Gab/Rob
Miller looks legit #1 in the making. Could replace Gab opposite Rob. Or replace Rob, who merely flashed last year with a much larger price tag as Gab who was about as productive.

Wims/Ridley/E. Hall->Gab/Rob
Too early to say, but if Wims/Rid/Hall look good, esp if can play ST, being game-day active, they can push to replace one of Gab/Rob because $ will be tight. Hall needs a lot of development, but if grasps very quickly, his legit game speed may jump PS.

Toliver/Shelley/Skrine/McMannis/Joseph/Denmark->Prince
Prince will be hard to afford, but worth it if no CB is close to as good. But if Toliver/Joseph can take a leap they may replace Prince.
If Shelley plays NB well, Skrine may be tried at Outside. Doubtful, but McMannis played DB well last year, could be looked at for Outside.
Denmark needs a lot of development, but learns fast may jump PS, or start 2020.

Raymond Dax/Nall->EmptyChair/Sheehan/Burton/Braunecker
Bears only have 3 TEs where we expect 4. If UDFA Dax is decent, he could be handed TE4. Bears would like to replace Burton's $alary, but at this point, that's a joke, no Bears TE is close. I expect Burton's role to increase, & they need to add to Burton.
If Sheehan takes another injury hit, or shows nothing in receiving, he could be out 2020.
Nall is safe on PS, but if Bears really want/need him for ST, AND Dax is unimpressive, then Bears may choose to make Nall legit TE backup on 53 as TE4.

Alex Bars->K.Long

Betts->Fitts

Last edited: