What Bears players could be pushed and looking for new jobs in 2020?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hope so but will they by next season?

Oh yeah I think McManus will be a fa also that would be three dB we would lose

McManus is more for ST though even though he did alright in limited time for B.Callahan and not 100% Prince would go if he can stay healthy and is willing to take a team friendly deal which i could see him doing. I was more talking about if Shelley shows out and can take over the NB spot and Skrine's guaranteed money is gone or close to it after this season then we could let him go and save money by playing Shelley at NB. It will be interesting to see what we do with our secondary after this season and lets not forget that HHCD will also be a free agent.

Edit: Okay so it looks like Skrine has almost $9 mil in guaranteed money so it would cost us around $4 mil or so to cut him after this year so that would be out of the question especially since i think we'll still be paying C.Parkey close to $5 mil.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I just want everyone to see that i had just got on CCS and i think that was my 2nd post i posted on here and for no reason what so ever one of the troll crew (Grimmy) started bullshit with me again for no reason and this is what happens every single day i get on here, so now you guys all have to suffer through a day of non football posts because of Grimson and usually HeHateMe who i'm sure will be commenting soon since they sleep next to each other when this could of been a day that we all just simply talk football.

Every single day this is what happens.

Every. Single. Day. You bitch and moan like a little baby.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which Rooks may push out which players in 2020?

Miller->Gab/Rob
Miller looks legit #1 in the making. Could replace Gab opposite Rob. Or replace Rob, who merely flashed last year with a much larger price tag as Gab who was about as productive.

Wims/Ridley/E. Hall->Gab/Rob
Too early to say, but if esp if Wims/Rid/Hall look good, can play ST, being game-day active, they can push to replace one of Gab/Rob because $ will be tight. Hall needs a lot of development, but if grasps very quickly, his legit game speed may jump PS.

Toliver/Shelley/Skrine/McMannis/Joseph/Denmark->Prince
Prince will be hard to afford, but worth it if no CB is close to as good. But if Toliver/Joseph can take a leap they may replace Prince.
If Shelley plays NB well, Skrine may be tried at Outside. Doubtful, but McMannis played DB well last year, could be looked at for Outside.
Denmark needs a lot of development, but learns fast may jump PS, or start 2020.

Raymond Dax/Nall->EmptyChair/Sheehan/Burton/Braunecker
Bears only have 3 TEs where we expect 4. If UDFA Dax is decent, he could be handed TE4. Bears would like to replace Burton's $alary, but at this point, that's a joke, no Bears TE is close. I expect Burton's role to increase, & they need to add to Burton.
If Sheehan takes another injury hit, or shows nothing in receiving, he could be out 2020.
Nall is safe on PS, but if Bears really want/need him for ST, AND Dax is unimpressive, than Bears may choose to make Nall legit TE backup on 53 as TE4.

Alex Bars->K.Long

Betts->Fitts
Dax runs impressively and fluidly and catches well.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
McManus is more for ST though even though he did alright in limited time for B.Callahan and not 100% Prince would go if he can stay healthy and is willing to take a team friendly deal which i could see him doing. I was more talking about if Shelley shows out and can take over the NB spot and Skrine's guaranteed money is gone or close to it after this season then we could let him go and save money by playing Shelley at NB. It will be interesting to see what we do with our secondary after this season and lets not forget that HHCD will also be a free agent.

Edit: Okay so it looks like Skrine has almost $9 mil in guaranteed money so it would cost us around $4 mil or so to cut him after this year so that would be out of the question especially since i think we'll still be paying C.Parkey close to $5 mil.

It’s just the reality of the situation that’s why this season and next are our go for it years. After that going to need to be reliant on the draft big time and that will determine our future success

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Signing guys like HHCD is going to become a regular occurance going forward.

For those positions we cant replace with cheaper young talent, there will be vets on prove it deals and older vets looking for a chance at a SB win in Chicago.

Get used to it...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Signing guys like HHCD is going to become a regular occurance going forward.

For those positions we cant replace with cheaper young talent, there will be vets on prove it deals and older vets looking for a chance at a SB win in Chicago.

Get used to it...
You picked a perfect time to become a bears fan.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes Jackson is two years away which is why i separated his name from Whitehair and Floyd and said Jackson and Trubisky will need new contracts "Soon" but with the way DB's are getting paid it might be a real good idea to get him under contract asap because if he balls out again this year then his price just keeps going up. It's called being a smart GM. Prince is about 30....and? CB's aren't like RB's and they all the sudden fall off when they hit 30. I could give many examples if you really need them? Plus all i said about him is that he's been better then expected since he's been here but i absolutely see him as a player that will be on the list of players to let go after this year. I also think Gabriel will be cut and have made multiple posts saying i think that and that we would be just fine without him.

I'm not greatly overestimating shit because all i said was that we'll be up against the cap for the next few years at least and gave some examples of some players who we could cut to create cap space. You're the one that just said we'd have to cut/let go of 4 starters to achieve the cap space we'd need...LOL. SMDH

I may be wrong but extensions can't happen until the last year of the contract.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would suck to have to let Burton go because of Anxiety issues because he still played well for us last year and think as long as he gets past these anxiety issues then he'll finish out his contract with us. Has it ever been confirmed that it was anxiety issues that kept him from playing in the playoff game against Philly or is that just what we came up with on here from going off of some stupid tweets from the media and people on here ran with it?

No link but he reported a groin issue to the trainers after the previous game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Every. Single. Day. You bitch and moan like a little baby.

Oh good now out of nowhere for no reason Jurk decides to come on here and get his daily derail job by running his cock sucker and again without me saying one single thing to him but I'm sure the trolls will say it's somehow my fault. Lol

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh good now out of nowhere for no reason Jurk decides to come on here and get his daily derail job by running his cock sucker and again without me saying one single thing to him but I'm sure the trolls will say it's somehow my fault. Lol

This post has nothing to do with football and everything to do with unprovoked personal attacks.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If you could somehow find a way to store db70's anger energy, you could run a car with it. Just sit behind the wheel, and say shit like, "Good football talk, ponce"

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you could somehow find a way to store db70's anger energy, you could run a car with it. Just sit behind the wheel, and say shit like, "Good football talk, ponce"

I think you could solve the energy crisis if you could figure this out. There is an endless supply of angry idiots like db70 out there...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I think Shelley could challenge Skrine for the NB position this year. He seems to have a swagger about him and has talent. Skrine isn't exactly a stud. Pace always seems to do this. Goes out in FA and addresses some need with a mid tier guy, then finds some under the radar stud in the draft and the mid tier guy ends up being useless. Hopefully Skrine can be a nice ST player.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm still trying to figure out who TF Skrine is