What Bears players could be pushed and looking for new jobs in 2020?

Hampton fingers

Liked Posts:
Floyd won't get a new contract from the Bears. Long is gone. Jackson is still 2 years away from needing to worry about his contract status. Prince is about to be 30, the bears will more than likely be drafting a CB very high next season and then letting Prince walk. Gabriel will be cut.

You're greatly overestimating how much cap will need to be cleared next season (not surprising). Almost all the space we need to clear can be achieved by cutting Long, Prince, and Gabriel, and letting Floyd walk.
A-Rob is just a spoke on a wheel in a scheme made for the system rather than the talent. Yet you want to tell us that Floyd will walk but A-Rob is here to stay?

Floyd will be resigned, no way he walks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Shelley could challenge Skrine for the NB position this year. He seems to have a swagger about him and has talent. Skrine isn't exactly a stud. Pace always seems to do this. Goes out in FA and addresses some need with a mid tier guy, then finds some under the radar stud in the draft and the mid tier guy ends up being useless. Hopefully Skrine can be a nice ST player.

Well the way it's been said about Skrine is he's much better at NB then he is at CB and his biggest issue is that when he feels he's losing his guy or gonna get beat he'll grab a jersey or do something to get a PI call a little too much. Nagy made the comment that he thought he was one of the best NB's in the league when they were either getting ready to play the team he was on or just got done playing that team.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I could see Robinson and Gabriel getting cut after this season. I think Robinson has to either stay healthy and put up 1,000+ yards or ball out every game if he doesn't stay healthy. Depends on what Miller does this season and maybe Ridley.

I'd like to see both back, though. They're good in their roles. Can't have enough good WR's.

I've seen Trevathan (this year) and Amukamara's (next year) names get thrown around. I know some people think Trevathan is old and slow but I think he's too important to this defense right now and his contract expires after this season anyway.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I think Shelley could challenge Skrine for the NB position this year. He seems to have a swagger about him and has talent. Skrine isn't exactly a stud. Pace always seems to do this. Goes out in FA and addresses some need with a mid tier guy, then finds some under the radar stud in the draft and the mid tier guy ends up being useless. Hopefully Skrine can be a nice ST player.
I hope they give Shelley a chance. That's Nagy's competition mantra right?

If Shelley is better, why not let Skrine be a great backup. Better than the other option.

Skrine has played ST through the years. Not sure if he's still willing. At the very least would be a good Dime Back option if he's game day active.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Tolliver is NOT a NB...
Not a prototype NB, but he's gotten some snaps there.

It's still fairly common to put your 3rd best CB out there as NB, especially if you're trying to develop them, even if they aren't short.

NB are expected to cover giant TEs sometimes too. We want Tollier trained and ready to takeover for an injured Fuller/Prince, but the dude has got to play to improve properly.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cap

Kyle Long
Prince Amukamara
Danny Trevathan
Taylor Gabriel
RRH

Replaced

Adam Shaheen

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Skrine has guaranteed 2 years on his contract

He will be here in 2020.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Skrine has guaranteed 2 years on his contract

He will be here in 2020.
Right, in the very unlikely event Shelley wins NB, Skrine will be a Bear 2019-20.

He'd be good Dime. Think he'd be willing to play ST? He played it most of his long career.

Last edited:

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, in the unlikely event Shelley wins NB, Skrine will be a Bear 2019-20.

He'd be good Dime. Think he'd be willing to play ST? He played it most of his long career.

It is great to have both of them, at least for now. We will see how things work out with camp and injuries, etc. We had a few seasons leading the NFL in injuries, last year, one of the least. Even in an average year, depth in corners, NBs, safeties, all a good thing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I could see Robinson and Gabriel getting cut after this season. I think Robinson has to either stay healthy and put up 1,000+ yards or ball out every game if he doesn't stay healthy. Depends on what Miller does this season and maybe Ridley.

I'd like to see both back, though. They're good in their roles. Can't have enough good WR's.

I've seen Trevathan (this year) and Amukamara's (next year) names get thrown around. I know some people think Trevathan is old and slow but I think he's too important to this defense right now and his contract expires after this season anyway.

Isn't Trevathan only like 29 or 30?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's 29.

FYI, it took me less time to look that answer up then it did to make this post.
@dabears70 doesn't know how to use Google, he's not some computer nerd. Don't be a dweebus.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmm but i got it right without looking and you...........................not so much. The Hawk?
His birthday is March 24th, 1990. I said 29. You said 29 or 30. How was your answer right in any way?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His birthday is March 24th, 1990. I said 29. You said 29 or 30. How was your answer right in any way?
I bet you're somewhere between 25 and 50

#nailedit