Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta love Bears fans. You do realize he holds/held Bears rookie records? Completions (190), attempts (368), passing yards (1,869), passing TDs (9), and interceptions in a single game (5 on Sep 25 against Cincinnati). Plus the 15 starts and 10 wins. Whatever happened to "all he does is win"?
So when the team loses it's all the the Bears QB fault. But when the team wins it's the team propping the QB up?

You only remember that Bengal's game. I remember him bringing me back to watching football because the Bears were finally winning again.

For whatever reason the team won with him. It may have been in spite of him but they sure couldn't manage to win in spite of Grossman or Cutler. When they decided to throw a game away it was gone (except that one AZ game).
Considering all the Bear QB rookies who are going to be the next great one and that was never said about Orton I'd say he was a pretty good pick that could've been better than many of the long line of Bears starting QBs if he would've been given a fair chance at any point (which is the only reason he needed to recommit).
With a 59 rating, 124 ypg, 9 TDs and 2-3 TD to INT ratio. (y)

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Franchise tag will be what, $25 mil? No way the Bears can keep Foles and Trubisky next year at that level, right?

It would be like $33m for both. That's a lot to spend on the QB room but if Mitch actually played well enough to justify a tag they could make the cap work with restructures/extensions.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
With a 59 rating, 124 ypg, 9 TDs and 2-3 TD to INT ratio. (y)

Never said he was great. However YOU did say, " Orton couldn't do shit when he started playing here. We found a way to win in spite of him".
You don't get those records if you can't do shit. It's obviously you who has the problem with revisionist history and double standards and cherry picking to justify your confirmation bias.
We won with Orton as a rookie for whatever reason and then the franchise politics threw that chemistry away to prove how great their low round pick was. We know from post Bears which one should've been the chance.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I didn’t say terrible. Mitch is just a guy and will never be anything more. If you’re ok with settling for mediocre/average that’s your choice, I’d prefer someone I can confidently call good. No he doesn’t have to be Drew fucking Brees, give me a break with the dramatic theatrics

You didn’t say anything of substance. You just made some stupid throwaway comment about how he won’t beat good teams playing the way he did. Trying to create this narrative that he played bad. He didn’t play bad though. What you’re saying was nonsensical. Because you’re trying to bend thetruth by implying he’s playing badly. He’s not playing badly. He’s fine. And the Giants game didn’t dictate he go out there slinging the ball around. And you’re trying to use that and stretch it into him not performing. It's just dumb.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
How are people saying he's not going to be a starter anywhere and talking franchise tag??? I sure hope that's different delusional people.

If he's just good enough to get a contract you don't care if someone wants to pay more than you're willing to. If he can't be a starter anywhere else that's not happening.
We're not talking about him turning into a QB god (and I sure hope the people who decided not to pick up the 5th aren't suddenly thinking that's happening), it's about whether he's here next year or not.
He's had enough time to show he's not going to be a natural but he has shown plenty of flashes of goodness that you can win with. Unless his ego demands a price beyond his ability you don't let that walk while you start the next Glennon.

And those thinking starting Glennons is the way to find a great one 1) How did that work out in the 90s? 2) You wouldn't have any dicks left to rip after the first year of a Brown-ish plan to stack first round draft picks which is the only reason you would think making the team worse is the way to make it better.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
You didn’t say anything of substance. You just made some stupid throwaway comment about how he won’t beat good teams playing the way he did. Trying to create this narrative that he played bad. He didn’t play bad though. What you’re saying was nonsensical. Because you’re trying to bend thetruth by implying he’s playing badly. He’s not playing badly. He’s fine. And the Giants game didn’t dictate he go out there slinging the ball around. And you’re trying to use that and stretch it into him not performing. It's just dumb.
Your entire opinion is dumb

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch hasn't show me anything that makes me believe that he deserves a big contract extension next year. If he really plays well, if he kicks ass this year, then sure. But if he plays the way he has played in the first two games I would let him walk if he wanted a big contract. At this level of play I don't believe he is the future.

Now, if they manage another 12-4 season and actually win a playoff game, I don't know what happens. But at least that would be a fun year to watch.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Let’s see him win games against better than .500 teams. The Lions and Giants are probably 3 or 4 win teams this year.

Exactly. This team doesn't stand a chance of beating good teams with Trubisky at QB.

I'd give anything to be wrong about that and to have egg all over my face when this season is over. But it's right there in front of our eyes...how he can't see the field like good QBs can see the field and how he isn't accurate like good QBs are accurate.

It's right there in front of our eyes. Hoping the he figures it out is a disservice to the rest of this team.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I wanted to bring this up because I knew it would happen. People here would try and create false narratives and it would muddle the reality of what I was saying. They’re not winning in spite of him this first two weeks. He’s contributing. Guess what. If he keeps playing like this throughout the season not only will he be back next year. He might have a long term deal and they‘ll potentially skip the franchise.

What world do people live in where they think his numbers (I know it’s only two weeks. But if you project them over 16 games. Obviously he’s not throwing 40 tds. Thats what we have to go off though) is not gonna make him the guy? Or they can just make up this narrative that he’s been crap? QB‘s leading 2-0 teams with the numbers Trubisky has dont lose their jobs. They get big contracts.

That's the sad part of professional sports. A guy in his 4th year, still making big mistakes, and still not looking like a franchise guy don't just all of a sudden become a great player. If he continues to win and put up decent number, he will be back. Then as fans we should expect nothing but mediocre results through the life of the contract. The guy is not a winner. Not a leader. Not a franchise qb and the whole world can see it. He's not a first round or #2 guy. If he plays well enough to earn a long term deal, that's just the nature of pro sports. We just can't make the mistake and expect the Bears to be serious contenders while he is the qb.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I like Mitch, good team mate but he needs to be told if he can't hold it together for a full game, the Bears will have to give foles a chance to run the team. The offense we have seen the last two weeks will not beat an upper division team.

My point exactly. He's not a franchise qb. Good guy? Yes. Tries hard? Yes. Doesn't have what it takes to beat elite teams. His weapons are not terrible. Not what KC has, but not terrible. He needed a miraculous comeback against the Lions (some credit to mitch, some of the lions being the lions) and another terrible team in the Giants to be 0-2. He didn't look good for a strong majority of the two games. He might end up with a long term deal. We just cannot be surprised with the results if that happens. Jay Cutler years all over again.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
You really think they won in spite of Mitch? Have a great day.....

Week one? No. I give him credit for that. Great game.

Week 2 against a terrible team missing their best player and he put up 17 points. The defense held on and won that game for us. Mitch doesn't have what it takes to perform against the teams we need to beat to win the Super Bowl. Everybody can see that except his apologists.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think people make broad regurgitated statements that really mean nothing like “we’ll ever only be this good with so and so” The fact is you dont really know that. And not every team thats ever done anything in this league had Joe Montana at QB. Not every good team has a top 5 QB. Not every good team has Johnny Unitas at the helm. And elite QB’s don’t grow on trees. Even getting the 15th best QB in the league isn’t easy. I think Mitch may be well on his way to middle of the pack starter. I know that’s not exciting. But not everybody gets Pat Mahomes.

now you’re doing the meathead “he only scored 17 points“ thing. I’m looking forward to the “he’s only played well 2 of 8 quarters.”

they got up 17-0 and nagy decided to try and kill the game off. It happens all the time in the nfl. Quit trying to bend shit to fit a false narrative you’re trying to create. It’s what detroit tried to do the week before and it cost them. It’s just the flow of an nfl game. Teams get up big and the focus becomes running clock and killing the game off. Not scoring points. I’m not here to comment on the validity of that strategy. It’s what happens all the time though. Just lol at you trying to take that and bend it into something negative concerning Trubisky though.

Last edited:

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
lol, this is exactly what I was thinking as I watched both games. what happens when they play the Packers? only reason they're 2-0 is because the league didn't gangfuck them again with the Packers to start the season.

The schedule and COVID are gifts from God for Mitch. Couldn't play 2 worse teams to start the season, well maybe MN. And no crowds away or at home to rattle him and his mental midget fragile ego. If you want long term success from the Bears, the schedule and COVID didn't do us any favors.

The Bears will see enough to sign him long term and screw us for 5 years. I'm convinced it's happening.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
I didn’t say terrible. Mitch is just a guy and will never be anything more. If you’re ok with settling for mediocre/average that’s your choice, I’d prefer someone I can confidently call good. No he doesn’t have to be Drew fucking Brees, give me a break with the dramatic theatrics

Well said.

He's just a guy. Not what the #2 overall pick should be. Not a guy that you can be confident in week to week. Especially not against upper tier teams.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch got Fkd by play calling yesterday. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets picked up and becomes a decent quarterback somewhere.. I also would’ve
Now, if they manage another 12-4 season and actually win a playoff game, I don't know what happens. But at least that would be a fun year to watch.

I hope to fuck they'd tag him and not give him some stupid extension. But we're talking about Ryan Pace here.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Mitch got Fkd by play calling yesterday. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets picked up and becomes a decent quarterback somewhere.. I also would’ve

I hope to fuck they'd tag him and not give him some stupid extension. But we're talking about Ryan Pace here.
He won’t be anything other than what he has been on any other team

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets picked up and becomes a decent quarterback somewhere.. I also would’ve

If that were to occur he would be like one of the only ex Bear QB's to do so.

In fact all the ex Bear scrubs, Cutler, Josh, Rex, Cade, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller etc. all had their personal career best seasons as a Bear.