What do we do with Mitch?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that were to occur he would be like one of the only ex Bear QB's to do so.

In fact all the ex Bear scrubs, Cutler, Josh, Rex, Cade, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller etc. all had their personal career best seasons as a Bear.

that's so fucking sad man. lol

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Cutlers best season was in Denver. And the other guys didn’t have much of a career actually playing outside of Chicago.

Orton was probably better outside of Chicago too. I’m not sure about his numbers outside of Chicago. I know with what we’re used to in 2020 his Bears stats (although okay at the time) have to look shockingly pedestrian.

im not sure a single one of those guys listed other than cutler was ever a starter outside of Chicago. Maybe Shane Matthews was the guy for a short amount of time somewhere.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Oh a Packers player talked smack? a defensive player smack talked their rival and QB? I mean Tramon Williams said it, so it’s 100% a reality.

Why dont the Bears just hire Tramon Williams to be their head scout? He’s the modern day Gil Brandt. If he says something about a guy, you can take it to the bank. I mean it’s Tramon Williams. You don’t just dismiss what he has to say.

you know what he’s saying is nonsense and just smack talk when he’s like “we knew they had a lot,of weapons.” Who? I’m sure they spent all summer for that game having nightmares about Anthony Miller and whatver his name is that we cut from the falcons who was our sped guy and like 5 feet tall. Gabriel.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We get it you were a Cutler supporter as well for 8 years. It's all good bruh

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would offer him a low middling deal and challenge the free agent market to buy him from you.

Let him test it, with a fair offer to be a mediocre QB at 12-15 mil on the table for another 3-4 years.

You can work with him, the need to overpay QB's and annoit a savior seems out of control. If Trubs is starting to think his best shot is elsewhere, than your best shot is to move on. Let him decide and don't overpay. Buck the trend and look for a QB you can modestly pay, work with, and develop until they get better.

Foles isn't bad either. Either one you really have to build around and scheme around and I'm not seeing that with Pace/Nagy.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
We get it you were a Cutler supporter as well for 8 years. It's all good bruh

I was off on him probably the last 3 or so years. He had horrible pocket presence and turned the ball over too much. He would walk into sacks.

Sometimes a qb accidentally runs into the sack. It happens. But usually they have presence and just know where to move to avoid the rush. Cutler never had that. And he’d repeatedly put himself in the path of the rush. He was also way too careless with the ball.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I would offer him a low middling deal and challenge the free agent market to buy him from you.

Let him test it, with a fair offer to be a mediocre QB at 12-15 mil on the table for another 3-4 years.

You can work with him, the need to overpay QB's and annoit a savior seems out of control. If Trubs is starting to think his best shot is elsewhere, than your best shot is to move on. Let him decide and don't overpay. Buck the trend and look for a QB you can modestly pay, work with, and develop until they get better.

Foles isn't bad either. Either one you really have to build around and scheme around and I'm not seeing that with Pace/Nagy.

This isn’t really realistic though. 12-15 million? He either doesn’t cut it and gets shown the door or he makes legit starter money. If they want him back that means he played well enough. It also means there will be a market that will pay more than 12 million. I doubt his agent is an idiot.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn’t really realistic though. 12-15 million? He either doesn’t cut it and gets shown the door or he makes legit starter money. If they want him back that means he played well enough. It also means there will be a market that will pay more than 12 million. I doubt his agent is an idiot.
Why have those become the only options?

Who will pay him 17 million? Sure...he might get the Giraffe deal...some GM might be that desperate and that stupid, but really? Somebody is going to pay 17 million for a back-up or average starter? Why?

Don't do it. Hold firm and move on. We already replaced him, he has no bargaining power. He is easily replacable. I don't foresee a situation where Trubisky rides the white horse to playoff victories...it will be somewhere in between.

A bounce back year but not good enough to pay over 20 million per year more than 2 years. Maybe he can get the Cousins treatment and sign a bridge deal?

I think paying one of these scrubs 75% of Mahomes/Watson is going to be the undoing of many teams. Elite players should be paid at every position, and with new QB strategies and schemes opening the way for running QB's, they aren't such a scarce commodity anymore. Get ahead of the curve and recognize the new recipe for winning.

What did paying Cousins get them? Cousins is 3x the player Trubisky is and 5x as rare and he isn't good enough to earn that money or win without dominance all around him.

With Foles around we can have the balls and start the new trend. If you get elite QB pay them. The worst place is the "pretty good" range...and its my advice to low ball the "pretty good" guy and move on. Keep it shuffling until you get elite or you get a guy that signs up for 3 and 45 and wants to finish this not go scrap out a few more pennies as back-up in Arizona.

Elite money or nothing is a trap. Let him walk into a flooded market and find out.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But regardless...the position is that important they should have drafted Minshew, or Hurts, or traded up for Herbert, or have 3 more arrows in the pipeline.

Current IR and roster rules are a QB guru dream for starting a school and pipeline of value at your franchise. We should have fucking 6 of them in QB school, competing and pushing each other to be better. Maybe you end up with 2 or 3 tradeable assets, or you can start vetting these guys faster and move on.

Why lock yourselves into a development strategy where you waste 5 years on a Mitchel Trubisky?

I would kill to know where Mitch gets drafted without Pace in the draft. Better players have fallen further with less QB talent behind them in draft guides. Its entirely possible he would have slipped all the way to late first if nobody loved him.

A guy with a suburu at that level doesn't believe in himself. Lebron had a Benz at 15. Watson probably too. They know what they are.

Pace is a fucking idiot and I don't see how we get passed that as long as he is in the building. He should be guiding Nagy into better decisions, not "compromising" his coaches suggestions for similar "traits" and doing what he thinks is bargain shopping.

Patterson/Graham/Trevaithon/Ginn are just such bad decision making football moves...I probably can't get passed it.

I fucking love Massie, I love that type of guy, and even that extension was questionable just because why? Why lock into a guy that isn't dominating? Domination is so brief in this league, you need some glue guys but its just not a smart football move for a guy that probably shouldn't even be a tackle and needs lots of help that fucks up your scheme and savior QB.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
What is it about the difference in sports fans? I know I generalizing but it's almost as if you could split them up into two groups--those who think they are being loyal when thinking positively about their team and those who think they are being loyal by rooting for their team, no matter how good or bad they are. The latter group judges their team like they are judging some random team they have no affiliation with, using their opinions that are formed by watching however many years of sport they've seen. And the other group looks at it in a kind of "You gotta believe in your team no matter what" way.

I understand that form of loyalty-- I know there are a lot of those fans out there. And there's nothing wrong with that or them. They might live longer than the group who doesn't view things with that sort of conscious bias. There's a sense of seeing the glass half full and we know there are good things medically speaking and psychologically speaking about humans who think positively. Part of me admires the sports fans that mainly see's their team in terms of 'glass half full,' even though I can't really do that. I think these people might be happier.

To me, I think that is some of what is behind a lot of people who claim Trubisky is a good QB or will be a great QB.

I'm not saying anything new (I get this is almost a dead horse kind of thing) and I'm not saying which group is right and which wrong--I guess it's just a different way of being a fan. Calling it like you see it versus really focusing on the positives.

For me, I can't unsee and unknow things that I think I see and I think I know about Trubisky, no matter how much I'd love him to be a great QB and I would freaking love him to be a great QB. And my guess is that some of the people who believe in him are in the group of sports fans who think they 'should' believe in him, because they are a loyal Chicago Bears fan.

The other part of it is that the FO and coaches have to be positive, it sure seems like it's part of their job. But I think it can get in the way of the other part of their job--judging talent--when they get too close to that. Lovie Smith was a perfect example of that with Grossman.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well said.

He's just a guy. Not what the #2 overall pick should be. Not a guy that you can be confident in week to week. Especially not against upper tier teams.

Just because he's not worth his pick doesn't mean you have to get rid of him. Everyone in the NFL won't have a great one.
What matters is whether he or his agent are realistic about his value.

Right now I'd put Mitch slightly above Grossman money (adjusted, but I don't think it was much over minimum). The problem Mitch knows what Glennon money is and may say he was playing ahead of a $13 million dollar man so they money for a OK QB may be high.

What is it about the difference in sports fans? I know I generalizing but it's almost as if you could split them up into two groups--those who think they are being loyal when thinking positively about their team and those who think they are being loyal by rooting for their team, no matter how good or bad they are. The latter group judges their team like they are judging some random team they have no affiliation with, using their opinions that are formed by watching however many years of sport they've seen. And the other group looks at it in a kind of "You gotta believe in your team no matter what" way.

I understand that form of loyalty-- I know there are a lot of those fans out there. And there's nothing wrong with that or them. They might live longer than the group who doesn't view things with that sort of conscious bias. There's a sense of seeing the glass half full and we know there are good things medically speaking and psychologically speaking about humans who think positively. Part of me admires the sports fans that mainly see's their team in terms of 'glass half full,' even though I can't really do that. I think these people might be happier.

To me, I think that is some of what is behind a lot of people who claim Trubisky is a good QB or will be a great QB.

I'm not saying anything new (I get this is almost a dead horse kind of thing) and I'm not saying which group is right and which wrong--I guess it's just a different way of being a fan. Calling it like you see it versus really focusing on the positives.

For me, I can't unsee and unknow things that I think I see and I think I know about Trubisky, no matter how much I'd love him to be a great QB and I would freaking love him to be a great QB. And my guess is that some of the people who believe in him are in the group of sports fans who think they 'should' believe in him, because they are a loyal Chicago Bears fan.

The other part of it is that the FO and coaches have to be positive, it sure seems like it's part of their job. But I think it can get in the way of the other part of their job--judging talent--when they get too close to that. Lovie Smith was a perfect example of that with Grossman.

You forgot the fans who think ragging about everything makes them a bigger fan. I present many Chicago fans and Philly fans.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Can’t win consistently with a quarterback who is INconsistent. Not in the NFL.

The first two defenses we faced were weak. Little pass rush and poor DB play.... and Trubs was still INconsistent. Not a good sign. At this point, after all this time and after all the coddling and special treatment, I don’t see that EVER changing for Trubs. At this point in his career, he is who he is.

Can’t win consistently win like that. Can’t consistently win with him. We have to cut our loses, draft a QB, groom a new QB under Foles and move on from Mitch.

Southside

Liked Posts:
He did
If not for dropped passes and certain wrs letting him dowm on a couple ints the game wouldn't have even been close

But you wont see much but cunting by half the fuckers around here cause they hate on mitch no matter what he does

Those same guys you are bashing helped Tribisky comeback in Week 1 when he didnt show up for 3 quarters. Is Mitch Trubisky is the only player in the league who has dealt with a dropped pass or mistake in a game? Did you see Brady's receiving core last year? They made the playoffs. Watson had Will Fuller last season who had brick hands and they made the playoffs.

What is the excuse for getting shut out an entire half or not even getting to FG range? If you look at the elite QBs like Brady, Brees, Mahimes, etc they can have a guy drop a pass or have a play overturned by a penalty and come right back and throw a TD the next play because of the volume of good plays that they produce over the course of a game.

In a 60 minute contest, Trubisky's volume/output of great plays is so low that a few dropped passes is enough to keep him from giving his team atleast 20 points or at least getting us a FG. If that's the case, then he's not worthy of a top 3 draft pick. The number 2 pick is supposed to carry your team, why are we carrying him?

Do you think the Bengals chose Joe Burrow to be carried or carry them? Juat think about it, you're criticizing the rest of the team because everyone has to be perfect because of how bad Trubisky is, there are teams where players drop balls reguarlt, teams with bad o-line, and teams with no defense that have had more success than us during the trubisky era. Russell Wilson took a Seahawks team to the playoff that gave up 25 ppg on defense like come on man.

The problem with Trubisky apologists is that they focus too much on Trubisky and dont watch enough of the rest of the NFL to comprehend how overmatched we are at the position.

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Those same guys you are bashing helped Tribisky comeback in Week 1 when he didnt show up for 3 quarters. Is Mitch Trubisky is the only player in the league who has dealt with a dropped pass or mistake in a game? Did you see Brady's receiving core last year? They made the playoffs. Watson had Will Fuller last season who had brick hands and they made the playoffs.

What is the excuse for getting shut out an entire half or not even getting to FG range? If you look at the elite QBs like Brady, Brees, Mahimes, etc they can have a guy drop a pass or have a play overturned by a penalty and come right back and throw a TD the next play because of the volume of good plays that they produce over the course of a game.

In a 60 minute contest, Trubisky's volume/output of great plays is so low that a few dropped passes is enough to keep him from giving his team atleast 20 points or at least getting us a FG. If that's the case, then he's not worthy of a top 3 draft pick. The number 2 pick is supposed to carry your team, why are we carrying him?

Do you think the Bengals chose Joe Burrow to be carried or carry them? Juat think about it, you're criticizing the rest of the team because everyone has to be perfect because of how bad Trubisky is, there are teams where players drop balls reguarlt, teams with bad o-line, and teams with no defense that have had more success than us during the trubisky era. Russell Wilson took a Seahawks team to the playoff that gave up 25 ppg on defense like come on man.

The problem with Trubisky apologists is that they focus too much on Trubisky and dont watch enough of the rest of the NFL to comprehend how overmatched we are at the position.
Why are you still focusing on his draft status? We are LONG past that. And comparing a Trubs to the truly elite QBs is stupid at this point. No one is expecting him, or should expect him, to reach that level. The goal is average to good QB play...top 15 play.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

I was stating a fact and just holding the other offensive players accountable as well you should try that no matter where they were drafted