What do we do with Mitch?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The difference between Mitch and Orton is we actually made moves and built a team around what Mitch could do but we basically told Orton to learn to play the Bears way . Orton got traded to Denver he immediately throw for nearly 4k yards in that Pats shotgun offense .

We are essentially given Mitch about as much as a qb can be given without having a lineup of all pros and hes showing us who he is . 43 starts in a pass first offense is a lot of leeway of the results
What exactly have they given Mitch? A bad OLine. Below average receving core with 1 legitimate receiver and bottom 5 rushing attack..

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
What exactly have they given Mitch? A bad OLine. Below average receving core with 1 legitimate receiver and bottom 5 rushing attack..

Of Aaron Rodgers' 364 Career TD Passes, Just One Has Been Caught by a First-Round Draft Pick

He's also been sacked a lot for a man of his stature, close to 50x, 4 seasons, ouch.

Patrick Mahomes > Aaron Rodgers > Deshaun Watson > Marquise Williams > Mitch

Trubisky is just an "A GUY" game manager and that's okay, you can still win with that....

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
all those Brady catches were by Randy Moss right? I haven't quite figured out where the Patriots have been dumping all their money, it's certainly not been in WRs or RBs... which is probably a testament to how great Brady was. same with Manning even though he tops the list, he engineered a lot of nobodies in his time... probably Harrison (I) and Wayne were the majority of those catches. interesting statistics there.

as for Mitchell, throw him away. or get him a new brane.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point, I would say Mitch gets to start as long as the team has a winning record. His job to lose. If its still early in season, maybe you even let the Bears dip 1 game under, I mean you give him 2-2 with the short week for sure, and then Foles would get 10 days to prepare at 2-3 for the big boys stretch.

4-1 potential...Panthers be 5-1...the key before it gets rough.

If Trubisky can get to the second Detroit game with a winning record I might even believe in him by then.

That just feels like asking too much from him.

There is a 5 game brutal stretch...switch to Foles if the team needs a spark, and to keep up morale.
This week is huge for playoff conversation.

No Julio, get the run game going, find a way to close out again, and we can be 4-2 or 5-1 heading into the nasty.

Gurley/Taylor Jr/Fournette/Kamara/McCaffery/Henry/Cooks/Jones is some heavy lifting. It will be interesting to see if that means major attrition and keep an eye on the sick bay.

Might want Snacks in here too in addition to the new guy, thats alot, 8 of next 9 weeks consecutive.
Every first down we can get is going to be vital. We gotta keep the D off the field...so I think its very easy to leave Trubisky out there too long and the season to disintegrate with little chance of recovery.

Thats thats my answer of what to do with Trubisky...you ride him until you need morale in a run-centric season

Shock me and survive it Baby Shark.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
all those Brady catches were by Randy Moss right? I haven't quite figured out where the Patriots have been dumping all their money, it's certainly not been in WRs or RBs... which is probably a testament to how great Brady was. same with Manning even though he tops the list, he engineered a lot of nobodies in his time... probably Harrison (I) and Wayne were the majority of those catches. interesting statistics there.

as for Mitchell, throw him away. or get him a new brane.
Looks like Manning forced the ball to those two guys his whole career. Lousy QB...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Never said he was great. However YOU did say, " Orton couldn't do shit when he started playing here. We found a way to win in spite of him".
You don't get those records if you can't do shit. It's obviously you who has the problem with revisionist history and double standards and cherry picking to justify your confirmation bias.
We won with Orton as a rookie for whatever reason and then the franchise politics threw that chemistry away to prove how great their low round pick was. We know from post Bears which one should've been the chance.
Right and by that standard Rex was a superior superstar because we win 2 more games and go to the SB the following year. Perhaps these things happened in spite of our QBs. I suspect that your values change depending on which side of an argument or QB you happen to prefer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Of Aaron Rodgers' 364 Career TD Passes, Just One Has Been Caught by a First-Round Draft Pick

He's also been sacked a lot for a man of his stature, close to 50x, 4 seasons, ouch.

Trubisky is just an "A GUY" game manager and that's okay, you can still win with that....

I think we can all agree that Mitch is not Rodgers and is having a similar (actually better) career path to the guy that was drafted before Aaron.

Brian Griese > Drew Henson > Tom Brady?

Can't blame GB for being smart enough to not draft WRs in 1. I hate when GMs do that unless the guy is Megatron special.

Mitch still has his issues but he's been anything but a game manager this season.

Last year? He managed to lose.

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

Those sacks are mostly from Aaron holding onto the ball too long trying to make a play downfield.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Right and by that standard Rex was a superior superstar because we win 2 more games and go to the SB the following year. Perhaps these things happened in spite of our QBs. I suspect that your values change depending on which side of an argument or QB you happen to prefer.

My values? No, I'm pretty much for freedom for all as long as they don't screw with others no matter who the Bears QB is.

You fail to address you claiming he can't do shit when obviously he did do shit better than any Bears rookie QB before.
That doesn't mean anyone is a superstar, Cutler and Mitch also have Bears QB records. It's not like they're standing against Favre's records.
But Bears fans know what a QB who can't do shit is actually like and they're not someone who is setting records.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was well addressed with his stats that say otherwise and the example of shitty Rex smoking his results in the following year. Orton became better than a broken (mentally and physically) Rex by the time he was traded but he was absolute shite in his rookie year. Did nothing well other than hand off and stay on the field.

How you can worship a 59 rating with 5.1 YPA, 1869 yds with 9 TDs and 13 INTs over 15 games is unfathomable. Oh, and he also fumbled 10 times and lost 5 of those. That's right, twice as many turnovers as TDs but ya, he's why they won those games. :rolleyes:

I like what Orton became but how anyone can look at his rookie performance as anything other than poor is beyond comprehension. He was a 4th round rookie put in the position way too soon. It's allowed but his play reflected those #s quite accurately. It's been extremely rare for the Bear to start a rookie QB and it also wasn't the plan with Kyle or Mitch or Mahomes for that matter. .

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It was well addressed with his stats that say otherwise and the example of shitty Rex smoking his results in the following year. Orton became better than than a broken (mentally and physically) Rex by the time he was traded but he was absolute shite in his rookie year. Did nothing well other than hand off and stay on the field.

You may be happy to know, I just looked and I think Mitch took 2 of those records from Orton.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just added that but ya. Neither was supposed to start. Those 1st 4 games by Glennon were sooo bad.

Last edited:

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
I think the shit is going to hit the fan here when we get into the 2nd quarter of games where we will face real teams and cannot rely on luck to win games. This defense is suspect. This offense and Nagy is suspect. And Mitch is the suspect. Heck, it may start to unravel when we go to ATL next week. Mitch is who he is...an erratic QB that flucaates from pretty good to incapable and at the end of the day is just not good enought to win with consistently. Of course we have to play the course and let it play out but I think he'll be replaced soon and we'll see what we have in Foles, if anything. We'll be , once again, QB shopping next off-season.

I hate it when I'm right.

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
It’s pretty obvious to me that he’s a game manager and will never be an elite players. The question is based on what we have seen so far what do you think we should do with Mitch after this season?
I dont care anymore.... The way Nick played QB is the definition of a NFL QB. BIG BALLS NICK!!!

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Time to hand Mitch a clipboard. This is Foles team now.