What does a successful rookie year look like for Caleb Williams?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
In your opinion, what does a realistic, successful rookie year look like for the CW with the Bears.

Win amount and Yards/TDs/INTs?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hope the OP notices that the ones wanting Williams won’t put expectations on here unless they’re weak like he has to better than fields rookie year

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am not predicting anything, but for reference...here are stats of QB's for the last few years that played as rookies although I noticed he did not include Fields..which is weird.

From that article:
1708451621279.png

1708451635481.png

And then for 2023, I have pulled stats on CJ Stroud and Bryce Young from pro-football-reference below:

CJ Stroud:
1708451403003.png

Bryce Young:
1708451431550.png

Also adding Justin Fields just for reference:
1708451790597.png

Bust

Liked Posts:
Going a full 17 game season without Lavar Williams crying on social media why his son sucks . . .

Next!!!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
From that graph above, Cleveland gave up on Mayfield way too early.

UChiLAbear

"The Drop"
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
A winning record, twice as many TDs to INTs (or near...ex: 18 TDs to 10 Ints is acceptable,,,22 to 12...you get the point), 60% or better Completion rate, movement in/out of the pocket and making plays downfield and NOT running the first chance he gets, Quick reads, Quick release, quick progression thru the reads, you get the adjective I'm using, right?, showing Leadership qualities, shows the ability to make big plays especially when behind in the score and unequivocally in the 4th Quarter. Now, I'm not saying he will do it every time, but to show a propensity to make come from behind plays. And as Post #2 says....show "progress from game to game." And yes...there will be 'stinkers', but hopefully a minimum amount.

Bust

Liked Posts:
From that graph above, Cleveland gave up on Mayfield way too early.

Odell's dad put out a 20 minute mix tape of Mayfield missing his wide open son tho which probably helped influence a quick departure.

Odell hasn't done much post Baker with the catch / yard stats that his daddy dissed Baker on tho.

Lamar Jackson targetted him 64 times with only 34 catches to show for it? ouch, those are worse catch pct numbers than Darnell Mooney / Fields.

Canth

Liked Posts:
So, my stab at a reasonable expectation:

Assumptions:
1. Williams stays healthy and is able to play the entire season and starts from day 1.
2. There are some key additions like WR2/3 between FA and draft
3. The Bears sign/draft an actual NFL caliber starting center

Good Season:
Low 60's % completion rate, >3000 yards passing, 2:1 TD:Int ratio, under 9% sack percentage

Great Season:
Mid 60's % completion rate, >3700 yards passing, 3:1 TD:Int ratio, under 6% sack percentage

I don't know but those seem reasonable and attainable marks to me. I didn't want to put a straight up number to TD or Ints as I think the ratio is more important. I think a 'good' season like that puts the Bears offense in the top half and a 'great' season like that puts them potentially in the top 3rd of the league. Lofty goals for where they stand now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
60+ completion % 3/1 TD to in ratio. 4k passing yards and a playoff berth

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I don't see why he wouldn't be able to put up some of the best rookie passing numbers approaching Herbert/Stroud. Things are going to be nicely set up for him to succeed, he'll just need to perform.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hope the OP notices that the ones wanting Williams won’t put expectations on here unless they’re weak like he has to better than fields rookie year
Forget the rookie year, Mr. PiB. Williams will perform better than Fields did in 2023, his third year . . .

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My standards are a bit different but him not being caught covered in coconut oil with a pair of jumper cables latched onto his pierced nipples would make for a very successful rookie campaign

Imo