What is a "Mitch Homer"?

What camp are you in?

• Total voters

jc456

Liked Posts:
And those people are dumb as fuck. You can be between the two camps(2 and 3), but thinking a QB who showed large leaps last year has NO CHANCE for improvement after two games this year(One of which he was asked just to not fuck up).

I'm not saying the guy is going to be good, but having the definite take that he has no chance to be even OKAY after a couple games this year is dumb. He was okay last year, hes been horrid so far this year. I'd rather take the larger sample size.

He obviously won't ever be elite, but there has been signs through the last couple years that he could be okay. With this D, okay should be enough.
why didn't he improve in either game one or two? he regressed? right? tell me what you base your statement off of?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Camp #1 - No matter what Mitch does, or doesn't do, this group will find fault with Mitch's play if he doesn't elevate his game to the level of Mahomes (he won't, ever). This group usually wants to be "right" above all else, even if it's bad for the Bears.

if he can't do this one thing, then his pick is a bust. Mahomes was picked afterward. so, sorry if you feel Mitch brought something significant to the team, please post his college film. Oh wait, you can't, he has none. Mahomes oh yeah, and even Watson, yep. So help us who haven't seen improvement in Mitch understand how the fk that pick happened? Not Mitch's fault, but sorry, he's a bust.
You have an interesting definition of the word bust.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Camp #1 - No matter what Mitch does, or doesn't do, this group will find fault with Mitch's play if he doesn't elevate his game to the level of Mahomes (he won't, ever). This group usually wants to be "right" above all else, even if it's bad for the Bears.

if he can't do this one thing, then his pick is a bust. Mahomes was picked afterward. so, sorry if you feel Mitch brought something significant to the team, please post his college film. Oh wait, you can't, he has none. Mahomes oh yeah, and even Watson, yep. So help us who haven't seen improvement in Mitch understand how the fk that pick happened? Not Mitch's fault, but sorry, he's a bust.

The fuck are you talking about. His only season as a starter he had the most solid college tape of any of the big 3 qb's picked.

His major knock was experience and if he could replicate what he did if he went back to school the following year.

No one had mahomes above mitch. Few had watson. Trubisky was the high floor pick, the "safe" pick.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Better question is, 5th year option, yes or no? Kind of surprised that hasn't worked its way into the thread yet.
Yes, I think the prudent move would be the 5th year option and a mid round pick at QB who may or may not exceed expectations. Also, injuries might give way for an opportunity for a rookie WB to step in and take over. Who knows?

msadows

Liked Posts:
why didn't he improve in either game one or two? he regressed? right? tell me what you base your statement off of?

Game 1 everyone was horrible.

Game 2, the gameplan was to dominate the clock to save the D. We did that. If you judge mitch based on that game shame on you.

I'd rather not judge a QB on 1/8 of the season. Like tommy waddles says, you take away a QB's best game and worst game and you judge him on that. We still have 14 games, I'll wait till at least the bye to label mitch a fucking bust when he showed last year that he wasn't.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes, I think the prudent move would be the 5th year option and a mid round pick at QB who may or may not exceed expectations. Also, injuries might give way for an opportunity for a rookie WB to step in and take over. Who knows?

Obviously yes. Like you said, draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd if mitch doesn't impress the rest of the season, but you still need to pick up the 5th year. Too much potential talent and what if's(and also cost control) to part ways with the guy.

Very very very few QB's have not had their 5th year options picked up. I heavily doubt mitch will be one of those(Manziel, Manuel, etc.)

msadows

Liked Posts:
Shit even blake bortles got his fifth year picked up. Mitch is going to be on this team for 2 more years. Deal with it fam.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson have the same number of Super Bowl rings. None have proven jack shit yet.

jc456

Liked Posts:
You have an interesting definition of the word bust.
#2 pick, I don't think so. If the dude thinks the number two pick can't be better than a lower pick, that's a bust. plain and simple.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

meh

Bears need to be decisive about Trubs. Picking up the 5th year is a no brainer because the value proposition.

But the bears need to make a decision by the end of this year. And if bears decide Trubs is not gon be the guy, they need to go all in for whoever comes next, whether that is in 1 year or 3.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Camp 2.9. Really wanna believe he can at least be above average and I think trubisky's physical tools buy him some patience but he clearly hasn't shown enough.

Right now he looks like the same guy as last year basically. No improvement. Which to me is a guy who will average out to a game manager who can make plays with his feet and occasionally make impressive throws.

Good enough for now I guess. Likely wont work out long term barring improvements seeing the field and making proper reads

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
My best guess is this-

Chance Mitch develops to be
Elite- I pretty much have no expectation.
Good - 15%
Average - 25%
Below average - 35%
Bad - 25%

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The fuck are you talking about. His only season as a starter he had the most solid college tape of any of the big 3 qb's picked.

His major knock was experience and if he could replicate what he did if he went back to school the following year.

No one had mahomes above mitch. Few had watson. Trubisky was the high floor pick, the "safe" pick.

The bolded is false on so many levels.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh

Bears need to be decisive about Trubs. Picking up the 5th year is a no brainer because the value proposition.

But the bears need to make a decision by the end of this year. And if bears decide Trubs is not gon be the guy, they need to go all in for whoever comes next, whether that is in 1 year or 3.

Is it? Maybe, I don't know. Worse thing that could happen is they pick it up, then he gets injured in 2020 (long term), in which case it become guaranteed at approx 25-27 mil (speculating). Not sure what advantage that has over say the transition tag, when can be used a lot later.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I fit in none of those. I'm just a Bears fan who watches the games, and hopes they win.

This thread is very divisive.