What is a "Mitch Homer"?

What camp are you in?

• Total voters

msadows

Liked Posts:
You can put me down for 3.5, while what my expectations of a QB and what my desired result of a QB is probably quite different than most everybody on here. What I don't like is a QB that is a turnover machine, nothing can screw a defense up more than that. This is why I was a Cutler "hater" on day one. Trubisky is not a turnover machine and my guess is he is a 3-1 TD to Int guy from year 3 onward.

3-1 is a tad high for me, but yea, most on here have WAY too high of expectations.

We all wanted mitch to be an elite QB, but most are acting like he's worse than a backup just because he isn't elite. Dude has shown he is average last year, he's also showed he is smart with the football and isn't prone to turnovers(like you said).

Thats the perfect type of QB for this defense if you don't have an actual gamebreaker. He won't shit the game away, unfortunately, he won't win it for you either.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3-1 is a tad high for me, but yea, most on here have WAY too high of expectations.

We all wanted mitch to be an elite QB, but most are acting like he's worse than a backup just because he isn't elite. Dude has shown he is average last year, he's also showed he is smart with the football and isn't prone to turnovers(like you said).

Thats the perfect type of QB for this defense if you don't have an actual gamebreaker. He won't shit the game away, unfortunately, he won't win it for you either.

I am not saying higher or lower expectations, but different expectations. The teams that win Super Bowls are teams that have great control the ball offenses like New England. Long ass drives and outstanding defense.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am not saying higher or lower expectations, but different expectations. The teams that win Super Bowls are teams that have great control the ball offenses like New England. Long ass drives and outstanding defense.
Speaking of which, I think we are gonna win the TOP battle in a big way tonight. I don't think the Redskins will be able to stop Montgomery from consistently gashing them. Which will likely trigger more "game manager" conversation if Mitch doesn't need to do much. Whatever though, as long as we come away with a W. Need this one bad to keep up in the division.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Camp #3 but absolutely burned out discussing #10. Whether he is or isn't going to be good, I just want this to play out on the field.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in camp two.

I don't think Mitch is going to work out, and I already think we should bring in someone next year to compete for the starting job against Mitch. Chase Daniel shouldn't be on the roster next season. Mentoring Tribs shouldn't be a thing in his fourth NFL season.
This is absolute buuuuull Shite, you are absolutely camp #1..."who you crappin"?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
There have been countless threads about Mitch at this point, many of which are "calling out Mitch homers"....so apologies for creating yet another Mitch thread. I'm really not sure what that means, so I'd like to get some common consensus on how we are defining that. From my perspective, there are a few camps on CCS at the moment:

Camp #1 - No matter what Mitch does, or doesn't do, this group will find fault with Mitch's play if he doesn't elevate his game to the level of Mahomes (he won't, ever). This group usually wants to be "right" above all else, even if it's bad for the Bears.

Camp #2 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, and strongly believe that he won't improve, and the organization should begin to look elsewhere.

Camp #3 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, but remain cautiously optimistic that his play will improve as the season progresses. Don't believe that Mitch will ever be "elite", but think he can rise to the level of slightly above average. <<< I am here.

Camp #4 - Extreme apologists who are willing to write off poor performance strictly due to other factors, and assign no blame to Mitch as being part of the problem. Think Mitch will ultimately raise his game to "elite" status.

Am I missing any?

To me, the "Mitch homers" are squarely in camp 4. But for all the talk about this group, I think it's a very very small % of people here. I'd say the bulk of posters fall into #2 and #3.

In my thread, I have found no Mitch homers at all. Most everyone here is basically in agreement with the fact that we either hope or have no hope but even among the "faithful" there is consesnus that the evidence is not on their side as far as I can tell.

I think CCS is changing and apologists are either rational in their posting or maybe not around nowadays? idk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Camp 2.5 here. I think we can win with him but I don’t think he’s the long term solution.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
@Leomaz is in camp 5. any criticism of Mitch is hating and 'it's childish to talk about mitch sucking, it's just a game,' constantly going after @bearmick, also negs people who like Baker Mayfield LMAO
I’m not in any camp that is for individual play.
Sorry.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A Mitch Homer is someone who looks at him and does not see more concerning things than positives.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
This is a very fair take.
To further elaborate: once this SB window closes, i.e. the defense significantly falls off, Mitch will definitely NOT be able to carry the team into the next SB window.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Mitch homer? Wouldn't that be when Mitch plays baseball and hits a dinger?

Anyway, I'm in camp 3, but part of that is because moving on from the #2 overall pick before their rookie contract is up is always hard. Typically that signals a larger rebuild, which everyone has to remember is just a lot of change. It DOES NOT guarantee that things will be better. Looking back at some of the teams that get stuck in rebuild cycles it often suggests the team lacks direction from the top of the organization (ownership).

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
To further elaborate: once this SB window closes, i.e. the defense significantly falls off, Mitch will definitely NOT be able to carry the team into the next SB window.

Well yes, hes average to below average at the moment. Look like that will be his peak. That, however, in combination with the fact he takes decent care of the ball, should be enough to allow us to make a superbowl run with him.

Those who think there are better options for this SB window are delusional. Its a 2-3 year window max, if that. There are no QB's in FA who can be an actual improvement over mitch, no rookie will also step in and be an improvement.

So yes, its legit Get Mitch or Die Tryin'.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Better question is, 5th year option, yes or no? Kind of surprised that hasn't worked its way into the thread yet.

jc456

Liked Posts:
There have been countless threads about Mitch at this point, many of which are "calling out Mitch homers"....so apologies for creating yet another Mitch thread. I'm really not sure what that means, so I'd like to get some common consensus on how we are defining that. From my perspective, there are a few camps on CCS at the moment:

Camp #1 - No matter what Mitch does, or doesn't do, this group will find fault with Mitch's play if he doesn't elevate his game to the level of Mahomes (he won't, ever). This group usually wants to be "right" above all else, even if it's bad for the Bears.

Camp #2 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, and strongly believe that he won't improve, and the organization should begin to look elsewhere.

Camp #3 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, but remain cautiously optimistic that his play will improve as the season progresses. Don't believe that Mitch will ever be "elite", but think he can rise to the level of slightly above average. <<< I am here.

Camp #4 - Extreme apologists who are willing to write off poor performance strictly due to other factors, and assign no blame to Mitch as being part of the problem. Think Mitch will ultimately raise his game to "elite" status.

Am I missing any?

To me, the "Mitch homers" are squarely in camp 4. But for all the talk about this group, I think it's a very very small % of people here. I'd say the bulk of posters fall into #2 and #3.

if he can't do this one thing, then his pick is a bust. Mahomes was picked afterward. so, sorry if you feel Mitch brought something significant to the team, please post his college film. Oh wait, you can't, he has none. Mahomes oh yeah, and even Watson, yep. So help us who haven't seen improvement in Mitch understand how the fk that pick happened? Not Mitch's fault, but sorry, he's a bust.