What the Bears really need to do.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read the original OP, it was bad then and worse now
Only an idiot would say it was bad.....

Case in point.......you

I said the Bears should trade Alshon while he had value. They didn't, then he eventually he walked away and the Bears got nothing. What did the Bears accomplish that year?

5-11

the next year?

6-10

the year after that? (Franchise tagged no less)

3-13

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Case in point.......you

I said the Bears should trade Alshon while he had value. They didn't, then he eventually he walked away and the Bears got nothing. What did the Bears accomplish that year?

5-11

the next year?

6-10

3-13
You’ve been posting here for 8 years?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Case in point.......you

5-11

the next year?

6-10

3-13
You said we in reference to the Bears in the OP. Are you in the front office or part of the team?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, there are no "quick fixes" to the Bears struggles. We are light on young talent, have a few aging vets that still have value, and need to tear this thing down and build from the ground up.

all this moronic talk of pipe dreams of signing Harbaugh, the "second coming" of (insert favorite coach here) is ludicrous. For the 8-9 mill a year, wouldn't you rather see that money spent signing a player (Suh anyone)? Can we really afford to lose a draft pick for a coach? Do we want to get stuck in a bidding war that very well could last months, into a coach we have but virtually no chance of landing, while other coaches get gobbled up by teams with more vision?

Build in the trenches first, dump Jay, get a young coachable QB that doesn't demand a SC gobbling salary, and then get our QB of the future. Don't be afraid of making the hard trades either. Yes, trading people like Jeffery might suck at first, but bears fan need to focus on long term.

A name has come up that I think could actually end up (long term) being a better coach than Harbaugh- Mark Dantonio. This is a coach we can land. Trade JC for Cousins, and get out from under that contract. NO, I don't see Cousins as being the QB of the future, nor do I think that should be the bears first step, but he has a small chance, and if he doesn't pan out, he just serves as the stop-gap that this team needs right now.
Bears fan spends 8+ years trolling a message board because his very post doesnt get the reaction he wanted.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, there are no "quick fixes" to the Bears struggles. We are light on young talent, have a few aging vets that still have value, and need to tear this thing down and build from the ground up.

all this moronic talk of pipe dreams of signing Harbaugh, the "second coming" of (insert favorite coach here) is ludicrous. For the 8-9 mill a year, wouldn't you rather see that money spent signing a player (Suh anyone)? Can we really afford to lose a draft pick for a coach? Do we want to get stuck in a bidding war that very well could last months, into a coach we have but virtually no chance of landing, while other coaches get gobbled up by teams with more vision?

Build in the trenches first, dump Jay, get a young coachable QB that doesn't demand a SC gobbling salary, and then get our QB of the future. Don't be afraid of making the hard trades either. Yes, trading people like Jeffery might suck at first, but bears fan need to focus on long term.

A name has come up that I think could actually end up (long term) being a better coach than Harbaugh- Mark Dantonio. This is a coach we can land. Trade JC for Cousins, and get out from under that contract. NO, I don't see Cousins as being the QB of the future, nor do I think that should be the bears first step, but he has a small chance, and if he doesn't pan out, he just serves as the stop-gap that this team needs right now.
A very friendly and warm hello to CCS. These are all very great points and I would love to hear more quality football takes like this in the future. I really hope you settle in well here and don't spend the next decade not getting pussy and crying over people's opinions of a team you don't really even like.

I look forward to our future conversations. Have a great Tuesday and Bear down!

CC: @PrideisBears say hello to our new brother.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Wow excellent points here. I agree that Harbaugh is a pipe dream and he is probably better off in the college ranks. Jeffery is kinda injury prone as well so good point on that.

However I do disagree on trading Jay for Cousins. As bad as Cutler is I have a feeling Cousins will only anchor a team and I prefer him not to be on this team long or short term.

Thank you @Anytime23 for pointing this poster out and I too hope he post more BEAR CONTENT in the future and I’m looking forward to it

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Never gets old! Thanks!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That got me discombobulated too?
HE IS A BEARS FAN!

Always has been. He didn't get the warm welcome he expected, took a year off from talking football(to only post in the hot celebrity thread every single day) and then returned here as a Lions fan.

His entire existence here is one bitter act he's putting on. Maybe if we're all nice we can erase this shitty timeline of bad trolling.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
HE IS A BEARS FAN!

Always has been. He didn't get the warm welcome he expected, took a year off from talking football(to only post in the hot celebrity thread every single day) and then returned here as a Lions fan.

His entire existence here is one bitter act he's putting on. Maybe if we're all nice we can erase this shitty timeline of bad trolling.
LOL, the funny thing is, everything I said in this thread was spot on. And you act like I am supposed to be embarrassed by it? Newsflash, at the time Cousins could have be gotten for peanuts, and would have went on to be the best QB the Bears ever had. I always stated from the beginning I was a fan of both teams, however, I will admit that after years of being on this board with idiots like you, my Bears fandom has soured a bit.

Have a wonderful day handing out parking tickets.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL, the funny thing is, everything I said in this thread was spot on. And you act like I am supposed to be embarrassed by it? Newsflash, at the time Cousins could have be gotten for peanuts, and would have went on to be the best QB the Bears ever had. I always stated from the beginning I was a fan of both teams, however, I will admit that after years of being on this board with idiots like you, my Bears fandom has soured a bit.

Im right like 9 out of 10 times but congrats on wanting the Bears to sign a QB who has done nothing but choke in big moments. Would have been perfect for the Lions tbh.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Seems like you're a fair weather "fan" and make horrible investments with your fandom until now I guess. I mean, congrats on dumping your bears fandom at its lows and picking up on a very speculative Lions investment super early, looks like it's finally starting to turn around...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think I get what @nc0gnet0 is doing here. He's hedging and creating a market for his bag if the Lions can't complete their rebuild, trying to convert bears fans on a bears board into Lions fans, and then if the Bears get things turned around more quickly, he can pivot and say he's been a fan of the better team all along...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, instead of trading Alshon when he had value, the Bears kept him on the roster and finished 6-10, then 3-13.
Alshon played in 9 games and 12 games respectively, then walked in FA.

Cousins meanwhile exploded with 4200 and 4900 yds the next two seasons, and eventually ended up signing a monster deal with the Vikes. Understand at the time I made the post, Cousins probably could have been had for a 3rd.
And yet Cousins has never won a damn thing and never will. He has the Vikings in purgatory. Good premise on this thread just incorrect solutions on QB

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Seems like you're a fair weather "fan" and make horrible investments with your fandom until now I guess. I mean, congrats on dumping your bears fandom at its lows and picking up on a very speculative Lions investment super early, looks like it's finally starting to turn around...
An eight year investment that returned 9 wins in a 17 game season and zero division titles. We have a real Tim Sykes on our hands!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet Cousins has never won a damn thing and never will. He has the Vikings in purgatory. Good premise on this thread just incorrect solutions on QB
This was prior to the Glennon/Dalton/Trubisky years. No one in their right mind can say that solution was better. Cousins could have been had for a second, maybe a third round pick.