What's worse? Not drafting a QB or drafting the wrong QB?

Luke

Liked Posts:
No he actually called the Titans and tried making a trade with them to move up for M.Mariota....that's trying.

If anyone recalls that draft, Both the NFLN and ESPN coverage said that the Titans were on the phone with Pace just until the two sides couldn't agree and they eventually took MM. That's documented proof that he recognized franchise QB talent and tried to get it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rodgers is the exception to the rule that may not have been what he is if elsewhere. There was a valid reason he dropped. I wish we had taken him but I don't recall an uproar from Bear fans about not taking Rodgers that day. Dissension about who we did take but it was the shittiest draft I can remember and Aaron still fell. Rodgers went 20 picks after us, not like right after. How's this for a list of fail.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_Draft

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers is the exception to the rule that may not have been what he is if elsewhere. There was a valid reason he dropped. I wish we had taken him but I don't recall an uproar from Bear fans about not taking Rodgers that day. Dissension about who we did take but it was the shittiest draft I can remember and Aaron still fell. Rodgers went 20 picks after us, not like right after. How's this for a list of fail.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NFL_Draft

Damn, look at those 1st round linebackers.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
One thing that is patently clear.... (some) Bears fans, after years of shitty first-round drafting and suffering through a turd at QB, are so gun shy, they not only can't pull the trigger, they wont even pick up the gun.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a false narrative. You only claim he reached because you know those QBs failed. If they had succeeded you would have pretended this did not exist. Case in point.

Like, the Bears were in the same position in 2005. They drafted Cedric Benson and didn't reach for Aaron Rodgers and then Green Bay went on to win a Super Bowl and the Bears still suck.

Very true. I wanted them to draft Rodgers. I especially did NOT want them to draft Benson since they already had Thomas Jones. Two very stupid decisions which if reversed could have meant a great deal of difference for the Bears.