White Sox Minors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox really need to give Erik Johnson a look.

7-2 with a 2.37 ERA
70 K's in 79.2 IP
Opponents only hitting .191 off him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
how can he be claimed "done" but josh fields last season wasnt? you dont make sense.

Did you see a Josh Fields mentioned here? You need glasses Dad. :)

Still waiting for your admission on the trash Keep and Dunn are.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Can you sign other teams triple A players? Because:

Tigers optioned OF Avisail Garcia to Triple-A Toledo.
Garcia hit a solid .288/.324/.455 with two homers and 10 RBI over 24 games, but the Tigers don't have an everyday spot in the lineup for him with Austin Jackson returning. He should get another shot later this summer.

I'd sign him

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Kep sucks, Dunn is what he is but he just has the shittiest avg since he signed here. He's a K, BB or HR hitter. If we had konerko and others producing we could get by

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Can you sign other teams triple A players? Because:

Tigers optioned OF Avisail Garcia to Triple-A Toledo.
Garcia hit a solid .288/.324/.455 with two homers and 10 RBI over 24 games, but the Tigers don't have an everyday spot in the lineup for him with Austin Jackson returning. He should get another shot later this summer.

I'd sign him

Only if they are out of options and refuse the assignment to Triple A I Believe.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Kep sucks, Dunn is what he is but he just has the shittiest avg since he signed here. He's a K, BB or HR hitter. If we had konerko and others producing we could get by

I agree, the thing is Dunn isn't what he was advertised either. His OPS is the worst three seasons of his career all with us. Same goes with OB and BA. He is not giving us Dunn numbers, except K's which has actually gotten worse. Someone will point out how Dunn lead the league in walks in 2012, yet his ob% was only .333 Sad.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still no sign of Phegley on the Sox. Disappointment.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm getting sick of the losing and NO moves. I know we need to suck so we have a really high draft pick next year and dump these shit hitters but would like to see some minor league guys like Phegly. I know our farm is bad but fuck it. Better than watching the same lineup produce nothing more than 1 run.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
If we get swept by Houston, Robin Hahn and Kenny should be fired. Complete overhaul in management and coaching except for Coop.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahn made some comments earlier today that the Sox aren't going to sell at the deadline and might even look to add. Which I think is just crazy. Don't give up on season but trading away some prospects right now is not the right move and Hahn should know that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahn made some comments earlier today that the Sox aren't going to sell at the deadline and might even look to add. Which I think is just crazy. Don't give up on season but trading away some prospects right now is not the right move and Hahn should know that.

it could be mis direction. it could also mean adding by subtracting or just obtaining someone who is locked into a contract and is proven. but who knows

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I would love to ship Dunn, Konerko and Rios and pick up CarGo somehow

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
My biggest fear isn't anything for the rest of this season but next season. Assuming Konerko retires and we trade major pieces, we are going to be young again. The last time we tried to get by with a bunch of spects was 2007. Danny Richar, Jerry Owens, Brian Anderson, Josh Fields, Nick Masset, and Luis Terrero to name a few. We expected Owens, Anderson, Fields, an Rchar to be impact spects but they sucked and we needed to back to the drawing board. This is my biggest fear.

Sent from my Gopher hole using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think it is inevitable that we will be bad for a few seasons. For me, I find a story to follow. Quintana, Sale, resurgence of Rios, whether or not Beckham can cut it. After the potential losses coming in the next six months (Thorton, Konerko, Dunn, Crain, etc) yes, we have a crop of new kids or stop gaps until our picks are ready to see if they can hack it in the Majors. It stinks, but I'm pretty sure it is what we are.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Phegly with a HR today for Charlotte and hitting .327, Johnson made his AAA debut going 6 IP 6 Ks but 5 BBs with 1 ER given up.

AA Micah Johnson hitting .330 with 55 SBs and 6 HRs and 37 RBI

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why we have flowers still playing with phegley is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.