White Sox Minors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lack of depth is what kills the Sox system. Too many "meh" players just filling roles. Gotta add some talent.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Knights SP Andre Rienzo threw a seven inning no hitter tonight with 11 Ks

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lack of depth is what kills the Sox system. Too many "meh" players just filling roles. Gotta add some talent.

but we bring guys up and they become ok if not real good. look at the pitching with santiago, quintana, reed, sale...than phegley.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but we bring guys up and they become ok if not real good. look at the pitching with santiago, quintana, reed, sale...than phegley.

I'm not saying the White Sox have a bad farm. I think it's underrated because it was bad for so long and because it's not big names. It's guys just stepping up.

I'm saying that the Sox need more depth. If a top guy, like perhaps Hawkins, doesn't pan out there has to be more options. I'm talking lower levels, like A-AA. The 2012 draft looked good with Hawkins and Barnum as the first two picks, but they haven't impressed. Need more AA talent and depth on those teams. Would like to see some trades for multiple prospects.

Obviously the White Sox coaching staff at all levels is good because guys without the big talent or "high ceiling" still end up making it to the big leagues and making a difference.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Hopefully between this draft, the trade deadline and offseason, and next year's draft we can load up on prospect and be on the way up quickly.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i just want to be middle of the pack with mlb players on the roster. i dont care about having the best farm just avg as far as rankings and still have a competitive mlb team.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons 8m
Brandon Jacobs continues his torrid start to his Barons career: 2-for-2 tonight. Hitting .393 (11-for-28) in first 9 games in Birmingham.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great to hear. Hopefully he's part of our future OF.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i just want to be middle of the pack with mlb players on the roster. i dont care about having the best farm just avg as far as rankings and still have a competitive mlb team.

Exactly. As long as the White Sox can put good talent on the field without too big of a price i don't care how it happens.

I am just in awe of the Cardinals entire organization. That's a winning team pretty much every year, and they have one of the best farm systems in major league baseball. I would love it if the White Sox were like that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. As long as the White Sox can put good talent on the field without too big of a price i don't care how it happens.

I am just in awe of the Cardinals entire organization. That's a winning team pretty much every year, and they have one of the best farm systems in major league baseball. I would love it if the White Sox were like that.

they either have the most talented scouts and advanced metrics proprietary to stl or they are very lucky.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
they either have the most talented scouts and advanced metrics proprietary to stl or they are very lucky.

I think a lot of it is luck. It's just unreal what they have there. Also I believe it's good coaching. I don't remember if Duncan is still there or not, but he's one of the best pitching coaches in the league. And it shows.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Am I crazy if I think keeping Coop is fine? He seems to do fine with pitching.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 16s
Brandon Jacobs, who White Sox got in the Matt Thornton trade, has a hit in all 9 games for Birmingham Barons. Batting .379 with 8 RBIs.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien 8m
White Sox AA shortstop Marcus Semien is batting .287 with 13 HRs, 17 SBs, with 76 walks and 63 strikeouts. OBP: .410.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Should be fun for me this september watching young prospects. Hopefully we got some guys that take control of positions.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish I had more time to keep up with the young guys. I love farm systems, prospects, scouting and all that stuff but there is so much content to look over I have no time. Thanks bighurt for putting some stuff on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.