Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Sox should claim Darwin Barney for utility infielder.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, just what the Sox need, another guy who can't hit for shit.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I don't think the point of a utility infielder is to hit.....

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Yankees have talked about John Danks; talks in early stages

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...have-talked-about-danks-talks-in-early-stages

The Yankees, to no one's surprise, have checked in on White Sox lefty John Danks.

The Yankees, having lost four starting pitchers to injury, are seeking to upgrade their rotation even after the acquisition of Brandon McCarthy is paying off early. Danks, still only 29, is 8-6 with a 4.35 ERA.

There is no evidence the sides are close to a deal and may be in only the early stages of talks. The White Sox are looking for young players and prospects as they continue their rebuild.

The Yankees have no left-handers in their rotation now that CC Sabathia is out for the year and Vidal Nuno has been traded (for McCarthy).

Danks has about $34 million to go on his contract through 2016 that pays him $14.25 million for this year, and also the two subsequent years. He has a six-team no-trade list but it isn't known if the Yankees are on that list.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, a utility player should only play solid defense?

Makes no sense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is that with the trading deadline on the horizon, the sox will continue their rebuilding process. Beckham will be traded as will Danks. They also will try like hell to trade Dunn. Alexi probably will be put on the block also. Maybe Flowers in addition. Seattle likes Viciedo.

The Sox have some good talent right now at Charlotte. Saladino and Sanchez are good short-stop prospects. Micah Johnson will be the starting 2nd baseman for them next year. They also have a kid there, Wilkins who is a 1B/3B/DH candidate. Good power. Phlegley appears to finding himself down there as well.

All of these guys are 25 or younger. So is Davidson who is slowing bringing up his average and hitting for power.

Garcia will be healthy next year and my bet is that he will slide to left. The line-up for next year could be:

2B Micah Johnson
CF Eaton
1B Abreau
DH Watkins
LF Garcia
3B Gillespie
RF ????????
C Nieto/Phlegley
SS Sanchez/Saladino

There are some ifs for certain but I think that they ought to try something like this. This doesn't account for other young prospects from the guys traded either that are position players but I think that their big needs are one of two good starting pitchers and two good relievers. I get sick watching at least five maybe sick guys trotted out there.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if thats our lineup next year than we will lose 100 games. cant wait!

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if thats our lineup next year than we will lose 100 games. cant wait!

No we won't. We have a guy hitting what, .230 playing 2nd base. Dunn is hitting what? .220? Danks is a .500 pitcher at best. Alexi has very good value and should bring in a very good pitcher or two. They have talent in the minors, position talent. But they do not have pitching talent except for maybe a couple of guys that they just drafted. They need to continue the good start that they have made in re-building by getting younger and better. Reinsdorf has proven to be amicable to make a significant acquisition or two when he feels he has a chance to win a championship. But in order to have him do this, he has to be shown and, I believe, that a make-over is what is warranted.

This team needs two legit starting pitchers for next year. They need at least three new guys out of the pen including a legit CLOSER. They need something better than Flowers behind the plate. He is a below average defensive catcher and can't hit worth a shit. They will need a left handed power hitting right fielder. The rest of the stuff should be adequately covered by the farm system and the young guys already here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do people still judge players based off of batting average and W-L?

Smart ones don't. My point was that Dunn really adds very little to our line-up and the occasional HR doesn't make up for his waving at pitches continually. Beckham is another case. Having a singles/doubles hitter hit .230 in you line-up is terrible. Both of these guys need to go while they still have any value.

In Danks case, he is way over-priced for what he gives a team. The Yankees have big bank and need a left handed starter. DO IT.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smart ones don't. My point was that Dunn really adds very little to our line-up and the occasional HR doesn't make up for his waving at pitches continually. Beckham is another case. Having a singles/doubles hitter hit .230 in you line-up is terrible. Both of these guys need to go while they still have any value.

In Danks case, he is way over-priced for what he gives a team. The Yankees have big bank and need a left handed starter. DO IT.

an out is an out.

.362 obp my friend. .804 ops w/ a 123 ops+ 15 hrs and is left handed.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i doubt viciedo goes to the Ms as the just got morales

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i see your deleted post CS. please tell me what is wrong with a .362 obp/15 hrs .804 ops from the left side

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you guys will never guess who i want the sox to "buy" in a deal for the next few years if some of the salary is taken on. a guy who has been awful the last 2 seasons that imo needs a change. he was once pretty fucking awesome. take a guess boys....i know 901 might get it. il give a hint. position player in the NL. 123 go!

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so landing spot for viciedo gone. now landing spot for danks gone. capuano to yanks

Status
Not open for further replies.