867-5309
Liked Posts:
Is it bad that I want to keep Jake?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
No. Our farm is so bad though we need to make these deals and he's injury prone

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I think it is bad. The farm system is horrible and the Sox need to restock while they can. Last year they stuck in it just long enough to get "stuck" without any deals at the deadline. They are out of it this year and, personally, I don't believe Peavy is on the team the next time they are a true contender. I don't think there are many players on the roster that may be in that position aside from Sale. He should be the one untouchable at this point, I think you have to listen and take what you can get on the rest. I would honestly prefer to watch a bunch of prospects for the remainder of the season than this team anyways. They should hold on to Quintana, Santiago, and Phegley as well, until we can figure out what they develop into, but I am not smart enough on contracts and trade rules to know if any teams would want or be able to acquire them.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya. Be more fun to watch prospects and future players than the same shit team keep losing.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox need to get solid value for guys like Peavy, Rios, Crain & whoever else they may trade.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Please for the love of fucking god release Kepp. He sucks. Bases loaded ground out. Awesome job tonight

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Sox should keep Beckham. Mostly because there isn't someone that can take his place on the team right now and he's young. Also, he probably won't get much in return. It would be trading a .250 hitter for a prospect that won't even reach the major league level. Would just be a waste.

As far as Dunn, Rios, Peavy, etc. They can all go. Ramirez I'm a little leery about as well. Castro is the only SS in the system that could even try to play MLB and Ramirez is still young too. The biggest thing is trying to get rid of the older guys for some prospects that might help the Sox in, say, 5-7 years. Beckham and Ramirez will still be producing in 5 years. If they're offered something good, take it but otherwise I don't think it's worth it.

Don't make a trade just to trade guys away. That's stupid.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ya I'm on the fence with Ramirez and Beckham mostly because we have no one ready. Should get good prospects for Rios, Peavy, Crain, and if we trade Ramirez or Beckham.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I'm ready to blow this whole organization up to be honest. This team is dog shit. Can't hit, can't field. Play unenthusiastic all the time. I'm glad Robin didn't sign an extension because I'm ready for a fucking good manager

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
akexei isnt real young. the dude is 31 and will turn 32 in sept and thats if his age is true. he could be 57

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe I just think of him as young because his career just started it seems. Time flies when you're having fun.

I wouldn't blow up the whole organization. I think that's an overreaction because the team isn't winning. I understand that the White Sox haven't had a season this terrible in a long time, but everyone needs to calm down. There are still talented players on this team and a few switches and younger guys will help. Blowing up the whole thing is asking for 5-10 more years of seasons like this.

Even if you are going to rebuild, which the White Sox refuse to do, you have to keep major league players on your roster. You can't have guys that are barely ready for AA playing at the major league level. I am fine with Crain, Peavy, Dunn, and Rios all being traded. Even Ramirez I'm okay with but not 100% sold on. But players like Beckham, Viciedo, Phegley, and even De Aza have to stay. Plain and simple, there aren't enough guys to fill the roster if the Sox trade away everyone.

I also don't like the idea of trading guys just to trade them away. The Thornton trade was stupid in my eyes. Got nothing in return and got rid of Thornton. It was pointless. I'd like to see some serious return on these trades. I think Rios and Peavy will get a good return. Not sure about others.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/7/...mors-cardinals-carlos-martinez-alexei-ramirez

The White Sox rumor mill became suddenly serious with one Mark Gonzales story, and the most interesting nugget didn't involve the Sox's most talked-about trade candidates:

The Sox are listening to proposals. They turned down a deal involving pitcher Carlos Martinez, the Cardinals third-highest rated prospect, for shortstop Alexei Ramirez, according to a scouting source.

Martinez, 21, is 4-2 with a 2.05 ERA in 11 starts at Double-A Springfield and Triple-A Memphis. Martinez, who possesses a fastball in the high-90s mph range, has struck out 44 hitters in 52 innings.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/7/...mors-cardinals-carlos-martinez-alexei-ramirez

The White Sox rumor mill became suddenly serious with one Mark Gonzales story, and the most interesting nugget didn't involve the Sox's most talked-about trade candidates:

The Sox are listening to proposals. They turned down a deal involving pitcher Carlos Martinez, the Cardinals third-highest rated prospect, for shortstop Alexei Ramirez, according to a scouting source.

Martinez, 21, is 4-2 with a 2.05 ERA in 11 starts at Double-A Springfield and Triple-A Memphis. Martinez, who possesses a fastball in the high-90s mph range, has struck out 44 hitters in 52 innings.

its alexei!!! not tulo! you make that deal!!!!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If true, that is fucking embarrassing. You take that deal...ugh.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Um I'm ok with hanging on a little longer to see if you can get more. I'm sure that deal is always available. But I agree take it if nothing better. I'd try and ship Peavy and Alexei for Shelby miller

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

If that is true, that is horrible. The guy is owed $30 million, save the cash.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Jon Heyman ✔ @JonHeymanCBS

while it wouldn't surprise if #STLCards liked alexei r, #chisox did not turn down top rhp prospect Carlos Martinez for him

Like I was saying they might be just waiting for something better.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Alexei change his approach because he's batting 2nd? If not, wtf has happened to his power?

I expected at least 10-15 HR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.