White Sox Trade Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Well I'm sure he'd welcome a trade there now. Maybe not. I want to get Brett Gardner lol

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Jesse Crain - R - White Sox
The Denver Post reports the Rockies have expressed interest in trading for reliever Jesse Crain.
Crain is currently sidelined with a right shoulder sprain, but said Monday that he hopes to pitch by the end of next week and remains a candidate to be traded prior to the July 31 non-waiver deadline. The 32-year-old right-hander has a 0.74 ERA and 19 holds over 36 2/3 innings and is set to become a free agent after this season.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
http://fansided.com/2013/07/16/mlb-trade-rumors-texas-rangers-want-alex-rios-from-chicago-white-sox/

According to ESPN Dallas’ Richard Durrett, the Rangers have a serious interest in obatining Alex Rios from the White Sox:

Among the possible candidates is Rios. The Rangers have reportedly been scouting the Chicago White Sox and Rios is a player they’ve certainly kept an eye on. Rios is hitting .270 with 11 homers and 40 RBIs. He’s also got 19 stolen bases. Against left-handed pitchers, Rios is hitting .294. He’s hit in the 3-hole for most of the season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
http://fansided.com/2013/07/16/mlb-trade-rumors-texas-rangers-want-alex-rios-from-chicago-white-sox/

According to ESPN Dallas’ Richard Durrett, the Rangers have a serious interest in obatining Alex Rios from the White Sox:

Among the possible candidates is Rios. The Rangers have reportedly been scouting the Chicago White Sox and Rios is a player they’ve certainly kept an eye on. Rios is hitting .270 with 11 homers and 40 RBIs. He’s also got 19 stolen bases. Against left-handed pitchers, Rios is hitting .294. He’s hit in the 3-hole for most of the season.

OK, Now we are talking. I know Olt has regressed some, but I would be willing to roll the dice on him. Is Rios enough to get that deal done?

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
That'd be fine. Get rid of Rios contract and get Olt. Rumors will heat up the next week to 10 days

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wonder what we could get from the Rox for Crain?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
from SB Nation:

Market for Crain heating back up

When White Sox right-hander Jesse Crain hit the disabled list at the beginning of the month, the trade speculation surrounding him cooled off considerably. But with the reliever now a week away from returning to the bullpen, his market is heating back up. The Colorado Rockies are rumored to be very interested in Crain, who nearly signed a two-year pact with Colorado before agreeing to his current three-year deal with the ChiSox. Crain has also heard rumors that the Red Sox have/had interest in him, and thinks "it would be fun" to play in Boston.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I hate dealing with "prospects." Ya let's trade our stud top PROVEN prospect ace for 3 awesome unproven prospects.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I hope we tell teams to go fist themselves that Sale is untouchable. The only guy I'd entertain trading him for is Stanton. But I'll take an ace over a great hitter. Pitching wins championships

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbinjurynews.com/2013/0...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

@JonHeymanCBS

continue to hear from GMs that chris sale remains unavailable. #chisox
10:42 AM - 18 Jul 2013

Thank you Jesus. That would be insane to trade our top prospect (I'll refer to him as one because he's only 24) who is a proven elite talent for a few unknowns. We can get good prospects by trading Peavy and Crain because pitching is at a premium and not many good pitchers are available. We also could get some good ones by trading Rios, Ramirez, Dunn (his power numbers will be valuable to a team that desparately needs it). I just didn't see anyway how it made sense to trade Sale and it infuriated me.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@JonHeymanCBS
#pirates eying alex rios & possibly alexei ramirez. #chisox cbsprt.co/1aWbI6C

The surprising Pirates are said to be among the teams seeking to acquire White Sox outfielder Alex Rios, and people familiar with Pittsburgh's thinking suggest they wouldn't be surprised if the Pirates expand the talks to include Sox shortstop Alexei Ramriez, as well.

The Pirates, who enter the second half a shocking 19 games over .500, are looking to improve their lineup and bench, and an acquisition of either or both White Sox players could accomplish that.

Pittsburgh has done a superb job pitching but scouts question whether its offense will be enough to sustain a playoff run. "They definitely need a right-fielder,'' said one National League scout. As for shortstop, rookie Jordy Mercer is currently manning that key position for the Pirates.

Rios, who could also draw interest from the Rangers, Yankees and perhaps the Giants, looks to be the top all-around outfielder on the trading block, as he has speed and power, and he plays all three outfield positions. Ramirez appears to be the top shortstop, as he has excellent range and a good bat.

Rios, who has 11 home runs and 19 stolen bases to go with a .270 batting average, has about $18 million guaranteed through next season with a $12.5-million yearly salary and option for 2015. Ramirez, who's hitting .286 with 20 stolen bases, has $23 million to go through '15, counting the buyout on a '16 option.

While those deals aren't unreasonable, they would ordinarily be steep for the Pirates. This isn't an ordinary season for them, though, as they seem all but assured of posting their first winning record since 1992 and have an excellent chance at the playoffs.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
more rumors..

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox will be watching Jake Peavy "closely" over his next couple starts.

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox have scouted Alex Rios and Michael Young over the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.