Who will be Bears starting QB next season?

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Normally I'd agree with you. A few rebuttals, though:

1) I think they know they have another year after this one. Probably why they wouldn't answer the question about contracts.

2) Why would the Bears fire these guys after next year, when they didn't fire them this year?

3) Since when have the Bears done the logical thing?

4) There's a fair chance they get shut out of the quarterback carousel.

5) If they draft a QB in the first, it's fairly likely Foles is your starter to begin the season. Then the rookie takes over at some point during the season. Remember that there's no in-person rookie minicamp, no offseason OTAs, etc., this year. It's all expected to be virtual.
I know the bolded was announced for the combine but I havent seen that for 2021 team events?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo.

San Francisco can clear $24 million in cap space by releasing him with a roughly $3 dead cap hit. No way do they keep him around in 2021.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I know the bolded was announced for the combine but I havent seen that for 2021 team events?

I don't think there's been an official announcement, but I took note on the last Hoge and Jahns podcast that those two and Fishbain presented it as fact and never really explained it. I figured maybe it was just something those behind the scenes already knew. If not, I suppose it could be that they're just speculating.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo.

San Francisco can clear $24 million in cap space by releasing him with a roughly $3 dead cap hit. No way do they keep him around in 2021.
Why would the Bears want him?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would the Bears want him?

1) They might see him as an upgrade over Mitch
2) He would not take any draft capital to acquire
3) They could get him on a one year "prove it" deal for cheap

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont talk to me pus n boots.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
WHOISSTAFFORD.1477600442.jpg

Lions-Matthew-Stafford-3.jpg

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What QB in his right mind would want to come to the Bears and play under Matt Nagy?

I project a roster of Foles/backup/draft selection.
The no one wants to come to Chicago narrative is silly. Are they offering the most money? Cause thats what players care about.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont talk to me pus n boots.
LOL, man up and take the Stafford won't command a first round pic in the draft (he will), puss without boots. I will put a 100 on that, and we can go double or nothing on the Bears QB being Jimmy G.

Who is the puss now?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The no one wants to come to Chicago narrative is silly. Are they offering the most money? Cause thats what players care about.
Well if they are under contract then it actually becomes very relevant where they would prefer to play, especially with a no trade clause (watson)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would Las Vegas trade Carr?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Do you think Jimmy G could be coming to the Lions as part of a package for Stafford as abridge QB for the rookie you could draft with your first pick?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Jimmy G could be coming to the Lions as part of a package for Stafford as abridge QB for the rookie you could draft with your first pick?

no

Jimmy G has zero trade value. Why would anyone agree to pick up his contract if he is to be released.
Now, if you ask me if he might be picked up as a bridge, I guess that is possible, but I think the Lions will be in full tank mode next year now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
no

Jimmy G has zero trade value. Why would anyone agree to pick up his contract if he is to be released.
Now, if you ask me if he might be picked up as a bridge, I guess that is possible, but I think the Lions will be in full tank mode next year now.
Ryan pace