Who will be Bears starting QB next season?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is it official he is available, or is this all just speculation?
Same as every year with Carr, pure speculation. No sign Raiders want to trade him. It's always only analysts who see it is an obvious thing. You'll hear even more of it than usual this year cause of Carr's contract status. Raiders can save 19.6 mil, while only having 2.5 mil in dead cap, by trading him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Who's better?
Him and cutler have similar career trajectories of being losers. Cutler likely could have put up similar numbers and lost just as well in another system.

McMahon at least had some success (winning) in the nfl.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sam Darnold......still on his rookie deal, only 24 and still has the potential that made him a high draft pick.

Probably the most realistic hope to have any hope.
Not that the Bears would do anything but destroy another young QB's career. Especially with Nagy at the helm, there's no way he would change his game to match Darnold's required game.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Still think the Jets take a QB at #2 or trade for Watson. Can't see them sticking with Darnold. Darnold would be a cheap alternative if the Bears can't get anyone better. He still has upside. After going back and re-reading Daronld's draft write ups. He was really well liked by most scouts.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Still think the Jets take a QB at #2 or trade for Watson. Can't see them sticking with Darnold. Darnold would be a cheap alternative if the Bears can't get anyone better. He still has upside. After going back and re-reading Daronld's draft write ups. He was really well liked by most scouts.

My issue is he is a turnover machine has been since USC

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
My issue is he is a turnover machine has been since USC

Favre was a turnover machine (I think he's 1.5TDs to 1 int). To make omelets you need to break a few eggs.
With our alleged D turnovers shouldn't be an issue. You give the ball away, you get the ball back. You don't give the ball away and score, you get the ball back.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they told McCaskey this was their plan he should have fucking fired them on the spot.
McCaskey doesn't care about the plan. He only cares that they collaborate together. You know, something that all 31 other NFL teams do.

Urlhacker

Pack Hunter
Liked Posts:
The no one wants to come to Chicago narrative is silly. Are they offering the most money? Cause thats what players care about.
when the money is equal it's an easy decision - don't go to chicago.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
when the money is equal it's an easy decision - don't go to chicago.
Good thing I said "most money" meatball. Go dislike more of my posts cream puff.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I'll say it again..

Trade the farm for Zac Wilson.......whatever it takes!

msadows

Liked Posts:
If they somehow DO trade up in the draft also(very probable) I see them taking trey lance. He seems like a real ryan pace pick.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They would have just kept Mitch. Don't go full meatball dude.

Nah, I heavily doubt they keep mitch. Pace/Nagy need to have a new optimistic spin at the QB position. They are getting someone with "upside" for sure, whether thats trading up in the draft or trading for a young QB.

I fully expect darnold via trade, or lance/jones via trade.

Not sure what else is realistic and a bears move. I desperately want Zach Wilson but I can't see pace making that move.