Who will be Bears starting QB next season?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah. 3 to 1 TD to INT ratio but he's "not good"

Hes had an incredible offensive line for several years. I know his defense is atrocious, but good qbs in a talented offense can help cover up some deficiencies. They choked down the stretch this year when they were in a very good spot for a wild card. For every good game Carr has, there are games like the one against Atlanta. I'll pass on him all day.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hes had an incredible offensive line for several years. I know his defense is atrocious, but good qbs in a talented offense can help cover up some deficiencies. They choked down the stretch this year when they were in a very good spot for a wild card. For every good game Carr has, there are games like the one against Atlanta. I'll pass on him all day.
QB Winz

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Derek Carr's last 2 season

69% completion percentage
8150 yards
48 TDs
17 INTS

Bears fans acting like they wouldn't sell their soul for that.

The Bears have never had a 4000 yard passer and Carr has 3900+ yards in 5/7 seasons.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Thats the only game all season where he was bad.

And that 70 rating isn't the bad were used to. Carr is a good QB and the Raiders would be stupid to let him go

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Why would the Bears want him?

Because 1) Pace is an idiot and 2) no way are the McCaskey's going to let Pace trade away future draft picks on what is essentially a one year prove it deal.

They'll try to sell Jimmy G as a QB who made it to the Super Bowl and as a hometown kid. Then they'll draft a QB in round 6 and while they once again refuse to address the O-line.

Can't wait.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derek Carr's last 2 season

69% completion percentage
8150 yards
48 TDs
17 INTS

Bears fans acting like they wouldn't sell their soul for that.

The Bears have never had a 4000 yard passer and Carr has 3900+ yards in 5/7 seasons.
Here's the thing, 3900 ≠ 4000

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Derek Carr, like multiple available QBs, would instantly become the best Bears quarterback ever the moment he put a Bears jersey on.

Is it official he is available, or is this all just speculation?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He threw for 4000 yards 3 times and 3987 and 3913 the other 2 years. An offensive holding call away both years.
That sounds like a McCown/Miller/Grossman/Orton/Cutler/Trubisky excuse. Even the guy who cared least of all threw for 4k on another team. The trick here is to do it whilst on da Bears.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone else completed underwhelmed by the FA market?

I'm almost to the line of thinking the Bears should just go Foles or bust. Probably what is best for the team long term. It'll be a long season, but by not signing some journeyman type QB to a contract and retaining draft picks will be best for the Bears going into 2022. Unfortunately, the desperation from Pace is going to set up back another 5 years.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL, man up and take the Stafford won't command a first round pic in the draft (he will), puss without boots. I will put a 100 on that, and we can go double or nothing on the Bears QB being Jimmy G.

Who is the puss now?
I never was in your little Stafford bet. You really are dim.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because 1) Pace is an idiot and 2) no way are the McCaskey's going to let Pace trade away future draft picks on what is essentially a one year prove it deal.

They'll try to sell Jimmy G as a QB who made it to the Super Bowl and as a hometown kid. Then they'll draft a QB in round 6 and while they once again refuse to address the O-line.

Can't wait.
Yes they will. He has no restrictions and it's laughable people think he does.