Votes: 24 31.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Wait and see

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Getting rid of 4M if he is not the answer isnt blowing it up.

And plenty of teams have rebuilt quickly like the Niners and Dolphins.
Both of those teams went through years of suck. Both had blue chip talent at premium positions already in place from years of acquiring premium pics. The Phins took a different approach and dealt some of the players for more picks.

Hell, the Niners botched the hell out of their two first rounders under Lynch and were able to weather the storm because they already had players, like a franchise LT. Monsters along the front 4 and so on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both of those teams went through years of suck. Both had blue chip talent at premium positions already in place from years of acquiring premium pics. The Phins took a different approach and dealt some of the players for more picks.

Hell, the Niners botched the hell out of their two first rounders under Lynch and were able to weather the storm because they already had players, like a franchise LT. Monsters along the front 4 and so on.

Yes and the point is we have talent so there is no reason to believe we need some long rebuild if we move on from 4M. We already have pieces.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yes and the point is we have talent so there is no reason to believe we need some long rebuild if we move on from 4M. We already have pieces.
I agree. The roster would simply need to be retooled for sustainable success. Not totally rebuilt. All I'm saying is using the two teams provided as examples aren't good comparisons. Both had a lot of talent still on their first contracts and when you really look at the big picture of both teams, the perception of a quick turnaround is a mirage.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Getting rid of 4M if he is not the answer isnt blowing it up.

And plenty of teams have rebuilt quickly like the Niners and Dolphins.
either way we will not have a high enough to pick to replace him with a top QB prospect.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll also add. Retooling an aging, expensive roster can be a very tricky thing. All it takes is a few bad contracts for things to go tits up.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Mitch might be dumb af but he is also a baller. Love to root for ballers who ball out, no matter how dumb af they are.
He kinda has those weird mole eyes, but I suppose he can be a baller, at least he isn't air mailing every single pass...

Do you think that is because he cannot out throw mooney?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree. The roster would simply need to be retooled for sustainable success. Not totally rebuilt. All I'm saying is using the two teams provided as examples aren't good comparisons. Both had a lot of talent still on their first contracts and when you really look at the big picture of both teams, the perception of a quick turnaround is a mirage.

And the Bears have comparable talent on their first contracts as well. Lets not pretend the Niners or Dolphins were uber talented.

either way we will not have a high enough to pick to replace him with a top QB prospect.

Did KC or Houston have a high enough picks to draft Watson or Mahomes? That is what trades are for.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And the Bears have comparable talent on their first contracts as well. Lets not pretend the Niners or Dolphins were uber talented.

Did KC or Houston have a high enough picks to draft Watson or Mahomes? That is what trades are for.
you were just complaining about wasting resources

msadows

Liked Posts:

Remy only likes to read the shit he types. He's pretty football stupid. He's wrong almost all the time.

I'm fairly certain he barely watches football, and just reads the synopsis of what happened each week on PFF.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I was complaining about wasting resources on someone who wasnt a long term solution.

Trading up to get a franchise QB is an investment not a waste.

Odd you dont seem to know the difference.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I was complaining about wasting resources on someone who wasnt a long term solution.

Trading up to get a franchise QB is an investment not a waste.

Odd you dont seem to know the difference.
it’s a waste when you consider how far up you would need to trade and you already have a serviceable one on the roster.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
it’s a waste when you consider how far up you would need to trade and you already have a serviceable one on the roster.

Tell that to Reid who traded up for Mahomes while having Smith. Further 4M is not on the roster as he is a free agent. Hence why you would be wasting resources to sign him. If he were already signed then that would be fine.

You didnt think this through did you.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Tell that to Reid who traded up for Mahomes while having Smith. Further 4M is not on the roster as he is a free agent. Hence why you would be wasting resources to sign him. If he were already signed then that would be fine.

You didnt think this through did you.
you’re basing this off mahomes? the once in a life time prospect? you didn’t think this through.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you’re basing this off mahomes? the once in a life time prospect? you didn’t think this through.

Was he considered once in a lifetime when he was drafted? Obviously not or he would have gone 1st.

Furthermore your argument is that trading up for a QB is a waste which is just a silly argument as teams have been trading up for decades for QBs.

You argument has no basis in reality.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Was he considered once in a lifetime when he was drafted? Obviously not or he would have gone 1st.

Furthermore your argument is that trading up for a QB is a waste which is just a silly argument as teams have been trading up for decades for QBs.

You argument has no basis in reality.
i said trading up for a QB in this particular situation is a waste. you already have a guy on roster who’s serviceable with a bunch of other holes on the roster. tackles need to be upgraded, Danny T needs to be replaced, we could use another safety and nickel corner, and potentially another WR and TE if robinson and graham leave. it would be much smarter to take an instant starter in the first round and take a QB in the second similarly to what Philly did with Hurts. Instead of wasting all those picks try and actually develop a QB for once.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lot more quick hitting slants and tight ends in the seams. The O line is completely revamped as well. Notice there hasn't been any Leno hate threads lately? All the chunk runs with Monty are happening on Leno and Whitehair's side.

LT Leno
LG Whitehair
C Mustipher
RG Bars
RT Ifedi
You had me right until you mentioned Leno. He is the worst pass blocker on the line currently and he's the blind side protector. Unforgivable.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am not on the “Trubisky will be great train”. He is doing fine not great against poor defenses.

But I looked at the list - and it’s quite a long list -of quarterbacks that will be available next year and there isn’t any quarterback on that list that I would prefer over Trubisky given that those clearly better are facing retirement.

If the Bears have an opportunity to draft the right guy and there’s only a few I would consider the right guy, then I am for it. But assuming that the draft position will be too low and the trade would cost too much, the bridge to the next quarterback should be Mitch himself.

That’s not to say he is the long-term answer. It’s simply saying in the near term our chances are better keeping Mitch and drafting offensive linemen in the first two rounds. There aren’t better options.