Why did the Chicago Blackhawks sign Daniel Carcillo?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No one said that.

Why do we wonder how fanbases for teams that guys like Cooke or Torres has been on can actually still support them? Well, a lot of us are doing it right now. This is how it's done. By shrugging off the type of shit players like them do by saying "Yeah maaaaybe it was bad....buuuuut..."

Is part of it due to him being who he is? Yep definitely. And it's a deserved reputation. He only has himself to blame. He has a whole career worth of pulling stupid, dangerous shit like this. Of course they'll be looking at him more closely, they should be. Just here alone we've seen him seriously injure himself in trying to seriously injure another player.

What does Morin have to do with Carcillo being a moron? He played well for a bit and reverted to form. Now he will cost the Hawks a roster spot.
Run for the hills? No, I would have been on the ice holding my arm as well.
Try again.

I'm not arguing the suspension or length; he has a reputation and should know he can't make the same play Perry made on Hossa and get away with it since he has a record that could keep playing all night long. My point was that a bottom-6 winger playing limited minutes and is out there only to give energy is not, nor should not be the lynchpin between winning and losing. Further, even if he was out on LTIR, no one we could bring up would be in the position to be the lynchpin between winning and losing.

Variable

Liked Posts:
But no one is saying he's the lynch pin between winning and losing. He's a liability, yes, but not between winning or losing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I took it as implied. If he's "costing us a roster slot" than he's a component to our success, or his hypothetical replacement could be.

He's not. In the grand scheme of things before last night he's not really hurt nor helped the team, and his suspension is not going to hurt the team any more than it has been hurting due to factors that exclude Gorilla Salad as a whole.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Coincidentally, the first game after his suspension ends is against the Jets. Or maybe not a coincidence... Peluso is going to pummel him into the ice. That is, assuming the Hawks play him, and assuming he actually has the balls to drop the gloves(very questionable). If he doesn't drop the gloves, the Jets will be targeting the Hawks' skill players all night long. Hell, they probably will anyway.

I'm sure the guys really appreciate the fact that they are going to have to be on the lookout for cheap shots all game when they play the Jets the rest of this season...

I've yet to see Carcillo not take on a fight. Despite his moments playing over the edge, he's not going to pussy up like Cooke would when getting challenged.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I took it as implied. If he's "costing us a roster slot" than he's a component to our success, or his hypothetical replacement could be.

He's not. In the grand scheme of things before last night he's not really hurt nor helped the team, and his suspension is not going to hurt the team any more than it has been hurting due to factors that exclude Gorilla Salad as a whole.

That is not what I mean. He literally costs them a roster spot. As in, their active roster right now is only 21 players that can actually play. Versteeg is not on IR and a suspended player still takes up a roster spot and counts against the cap. It really limits their options in the case of an injury or two...In the case of two injuries, they very well could be forced to play with 11 forwards.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is not what I mean. He literally costs them a roster spot. As in, their active roster right now is only 21 players that can actually play. Versteeg is not on IR and a suspended player still takes up a roster spot and counts against the cap. It really limits their options in the case of an injury or two...In the case of two injuries, they very well could be forced to play with 11 forwards.
Worst case they can retroactively IR Versteeg... think they will, and would have, soon...purely a cap move.

R K

Liked Posts:
Worst case they can retroactively IR Versteeg... think they will, and would have, soon...purely a cap move.

I think Versteeg is already on LTIR which gave them enough room to bring up TT. Could be wrong though.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've yet to see Carcillo not take on a fight. Despite his moments playing over the edge, he's not going to pussy up like Cooke would when getting challenged.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

Doesn't change the fact that Carsucko is a gutless puke that cheap shots guys.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
You should go fight him IRL.... I bet it will make you feel better

I would imagine that it's mostly an on-ice persona and he wouldn't be looking to fight anyone in real life.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Versteeg is listed as day to day still, he is not on LTIR or IR at the moment.

Capgeek used to be great for these situations...damn
Agreed. Hockeynumbers is just not the same. It's like America's Got Talent...It never will be as great or as awesome as The Gong Show.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
You should go fight him IRL.... I bet it will make you feel better

I have dropped the gloves with guys of his caliber and better. Didn't win even a third of those tilts, but Carcillo is not someone I would decline a dance with. 50/50 IMO.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have dropped the gloves with guys of his caliber and better. Didn't win even a third of those tilts, but Carcillo is not someone I would decline a dance with. 50/50 IMO.

:cmonman::aj::crazydance::smoke:

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who have you fought that played in the NHL?
I would also bet on Carcillo. Every time against Pez.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I think Versteeg is already on LTIR which gave them enough room to bring up TT. Could be wrong though.

Versteeg is listed as day to day still, he is not on LTIR or IR at the moment.

Capgeek used to be great for these situations...damn

This from Lazerus on Twitter:

With Carcillo suspended, expect the #Blackhawks to call up a forward before heading out west. They'll have to put Versteeg on IR to do so.

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/557591143631060992

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Should be interesting to see who gets called up - luckily the All Star break comes at a good time for a guy like Versteeg who needs some time. I have been able to watch a few more Rockford games lately...and McNeill is really standing out and looking good. I'll admit that I haven't been a big fan of McNeill, the prospect, over the last couple of years (mostly work ethic things) but he is sort of coming into his own this year and may have finally earned that chance. Either that or they may just go the familiar and safe route with Regin.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
55812869.jpg