Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

jive

Liked Posts:
If the Bears were in rebuild mode, they would have already traded Fields for whatever draft picks they could get. But, they are in make the playoffs mode, which means that Poles has to make sure that CW could lead the Bears to the playoffs right away. The current regime doesn't really have 1-2 more seasons of losing while getting a rookie up to speed available to them.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bears were in rebuild mode, they would have already traded Fields for whatever draft picks they could get. But, they are in make the playoffs mode, which means that Poles has to make sure that CW could lead the Bears to the playoffs right away. The current regime doesn't really have 1-2 more seasons of losing while getting a rookie up to speed available to them.

They could have another 1 to 2 years of losing if they keep Fields because it hasn't shown to end any other way 🤷🏻‍♂️

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
On the Bears side, yes, of course... Poles wants to know about Caleb. On the other teams' sides? Nope... they couldn't care less about what Poles is trying to figure out. All they need to know is if they want Fields or not. If they want Fields, then they have a price in mind for him. If they want to lowball Poles, they can do that, but also run the risk that any other team interested won't go as low and they could end up missing out on Fields. It's not just about teams vs. Poles bluffing. It's about teams vs. other interested teams. This is essentially an auction. I know the seller is selling something on eBay, but that doesn't matter if someone wants to outbid me.
We all know it’s not just about that. Just because it was said that they are calling Poles’ bluff doesn’t mean we think it’s only that. Of course they are competing with other teams as well. And there is more to it too. You’re not saying anything we don’t know. We ain’t going to type down 40 paragraphs of negotiating and how trades work.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
View attachment 35703

Fields dick riders love these numbers

I mean...really. Rushing stats are not a significant source of 3/4 of those guys, but its omitted from one of them.

W/L has been a dead horse for a while, and if you cling to that nobody will listen to you anyway.

fyi - 247 yards/game.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We all know it’s not just about that. Just because it was said that they are calling Poles’ bluff doesn’t mean we think it’s only that. Of course they are competing with other teams as well. And there is more to it too. You’re not saying anything we don’t know. We ain’t going to type down 40 paragraphs of negotiating and how trades work.
You can't say you "know" and then say they're calling his bluff. Bluffing only matters in the case where there's one bidder. It fundamentally means you don't understand it or don't agree with it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. Or maybe teams decided that they wanted to go another route than Fields and no one inquired about him. Or maybe the highest pick offered by a team was a 5th?

But again, you are saying that Poles should have realized Fields was never going to get more than something like a 4th and found a team willing to part with something like a 4th. Something like that, that's what you're saying, right?
I never qunatified it as a 4th, my guess would actually be a 3rd.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean...really. Rushing stats are not a significant source of 3/4 of those guys, but its omitted from one of them.

W/L has been a dead horse for a while, and if you cling to that nobody will listen to you anyway.

fyi - 247 yards/game.
And for how many more years do you think Fields will be able to sustain his rushing stats? and when if falls, you stuck with a QB that can't pass worth a shit.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I never qunatified it as a 4th, my guess would actually be a 3rd.
AND SO....your point is that Poles should have accepted a 3rd? That is why you are saying he screwed this up.

Just TRYING to understand why you are saying he fucked this up.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
And for how many more years do you think Fields will be able to sustain his rushing stats? and when if falls, you stuck with a QB that can't pass worth a shit.

Yeah all those shit passes vs the Lions... 2022 and 2023 Bears were not high volume passing. And generally as QBs age they get better at the throwing aspect. It's reasonable to say over time the rushing stats reduce while passing increases.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I dont care what everyone says honestly. Me personally I feel he hasn't even come close to his peak. The talent is there and the game will slow down for him. Just my opinion.
I'm all for Williams. Unfortunately it's not my decision so therefore I'll just roll with whatever Poles does. My opinion means absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying it's impossible for him to develop a much better pocket presence, improve his accuracy and throw on schedule to name 3 things he would have to get much better at. He could have a Curt Schilling kind of transformation and become a great QB.

I think it would take a few years but it could happen. I think most fans believe it's pretty unlikely but it could.

For me, I'll be hoping it does, whatever team he's playing for.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Actually, yes. It’s Poles’s job to accept what may be happening around him and alter his plans if necessary. This whole thing has gotten way out of hand and the Bears have lost all leverage.

My point is that all of us are not in the know. There's an argument that none of the teams in play wanted to part with draft picks to land Fields. That they've seen enough on film for them to look elsewhere.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch the Bear trade with WA and then draft MHJ and Odunze. Play a lot of successful dirt lot ball, LOL.