Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
If the Panthers finished 7-9 and were picking around 8-10 ish, and the Bears had picks 8-10, we wouldn't be talking about qb in round 1.
If the Bears won a few more games they would have been in the playoffs.

See how stupid the could have would have argument is?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who are the Giants talking to then? They rolling with Jones and Lock while they're on the hot seat over there?

Drew Lock and Jones, they can sit JJ McCarthy. If Maye or Daniels happen to fall (unlikely)

I dont think any of the teams in picks 1 thru 3 will trade out. Pats signing Brisset signals a QB being taken at 3

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
If the Panthers finished 7-9 and were picking around 8-10 ish, and the Bears had picks 8-10, we wouldn't be talking about qb in round 1.
The Bears still may have based on how poorly Fields has played.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
not to mention, the return is going down, not up, Poles screwed this up big time

Really?

And you know the offers he received?

Are you under the assumption he was offered a 2nd round pick? A 3rd round pick?

Cause you know what they say about assumptions.

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could Pudge Poles be so out of touch with what the rest of the league thinks about Fields? Something strange is going on.

Since we’re posting utter bullshit and speculation here - I did read a rando tweet or twat or whatever they’re called that said Pittsburgh called for Fields a while back and Pudge wanted their first, second, and a wide receiver. Maybe he’s as blinded by love as the Fields Fanatics? . . .

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's clear to all of us the these teams don't think Fields is a better option at a starting QB than the people they singed to be their starting QB. Maybe some of you conspiratorial folk think something fishy is going on. Obviously, finances go into this, knowing that if Fields doesn't impress next year for them he's a one year rental.

And none of this surprises many of us on here or elsewhere. I laughed at those of you who were clamoring that all it takes is one team or two teams in a bidding war to fetch a 1st round pick for Fields. A fist round pick for Justin Fields. That was the definition of stupidity then, now and tomorrow. I think some of you can't seem to separate your emotional brain (Amygdala) from your thinking brain (Prefrontal Cortex) when it comes to Justin Fields. NFL GMs have no such limitations.

But I do have one question for some of you that can use your thinking brain and who are more in the know than I am.....why would the Vikings sign Darnold for a 1 year tryout over trading for Fields for 1 year tryout. Is it the obvious answer they think he's better?

That one confuses me. Maybe Poles just doesn't want him to go to a division rival or the Viking think Darnold and Fields are a wash and they'd rather pay then send over a 3rd round pick?

They must know something I don't if the plan is indeed to have Darnold as their starting QB.
Not confusing at all to be honest. If Minny's plan is to draft a QB, then Darnold makes more sense by far for the Vikes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could Pudge Poles be so out of touch with what the rest of the league thinks about Fields? Something strange is going on.

Since we’re posting utter bullshit and speculation here - I did read a rando tweet or twat or whatever they’re called that said Pittsburgh called for Fields a while back and Pudge wanted their first, second, and a wide receiver. Maybe he’s as blinded by love as the Fields Fanatics? . . .
:speechless:

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Not confusing at all to be honest. If Minny's plan is to draft a QB, then Darnold makes more sense by far for the Vikes.
I guess and it did cross my mind. Seems like they are going to have to settle for whomever is left, which I guess is one way to luck into a QB.

Definitely happened many times before.

Rolling the dice in a big way if they are assuming they can trade up with someone.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess and it did cross my mind. Seems like they are going to have to settle for whomever is left, which I guess is one way to luck into a QB.

Definitely happened many times before.

Rolling the dice in a big way if they are assuming they can trade up with someone.
Only a team that was convinced Fields was worth picking up the 5th year option would be willing to offer anything more than a third. At this point, and for that matter, by the deadline to exercise this option, Fields has not shown he is worth it. Poles failure to understand this when placing a price on Fields is a major fail by a GM.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only a team that was convinced Fields was worth picking up the 5th year option would be willing to offer anything more than a third. At this point, and for that matter, by the deadline to exercise this option, Fields has not shown he is worth it. Poles failure to understand this when placing a price on Fields is a major fail by a GM.

So if teams were never interested in offering more than a third (speculation, could be lower) then the value is still the same as it was weeks ago. A fail would be him holding on to Justin after being offered a higher pick (he probably wasn't or he would have made the move) and then the value drops. If the value has always stayed the same, still in the same position as before

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
So you are assuming Poles was asking for a 3rd? That's what you are saying?

And you are saying Poles should have realized Fields was only going to get a 4th at best and taken that?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you are assuming Poles was asking for a 3rd? That's what you are saying?

And you are saying Poles should have realized Fields was only going to get a 4th at best and taken that?
That's not what I said at all, what I was saying is, by the sounds of it Poles was asking for much higher than a third, and that no team, under the current circumstances, was ever going to offer what he was asking. He quite possibly overplayed his hand, and as a result, will now have to settle for an even lower draft pick as a result.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
That's not what I said at all, what I was saying is, by the sounds of it Poles was asking for much higher than a third, and that no team, under the current circumstances, was ever going to offer what he was asking. He quite possibly overplayed his hand, and as a result, will now have to settle for an even lower draft pick as a result.
Okay, understood.

But I have to say, we have no idea what he was asking for and we have no idea if any offers came in with any draft #s floated about so all of this conjecture just sounds a bit lame.

You could very well be right and you very well be 100% wrong.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again, maybe Poles asked for too much in return and as a result, teams went elsewhere.

Poles isn't a total idiot, maybe it was intentional. Could George and Kevin have their thumbs on the scale?

And FTR this is the Bears we are talking about. Anything is possible, even them not actually shopping Fields.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
every team knows bears are picking williams. why over pay?
I don’t get why this is always mentioned. You overpay cause you have to outbid anyone else. It’s like saying “Why does any team overpay for a free agent?” Cause if you don’t bid high enough, someone else might.