Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since this thread is still around and we know what we now know, I think we now have the answer as to why Fields hasnt been traded yet . . .

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Did anyone expect it to go on this long without atleast a leak? I mean damn this Bears management team is tight lipped.
I can't see them moving Justin before medicals and a personal visit. This probably is over a week away at minimum.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I think it's clear to all of us the these teams don't think Fields is a better option at a starting QB than the people they singed to be their starting QB. Maybe some of you conspiratorial folk think something fishy is going on. Obviously, finances go into this, knowing that if Fields doesn't impress next year for them he's a one year rental.

And none of this surprises many of us on here or elsewhere. I laughed at those of you who were clamoring that all it takes is one team or two teams in a bidding war to fetch a 1st round pick for Fields. A fist round pick for Justin Fields. That was the definition of stupidity then, now and tomorrow. I think some of you can't seem to separate your emotional brain (Amygdala) from your thinking brain (Prefrontal Cortex) when it comes to Justin Fields. NFL GMs have no such limitations.

But I do have one question for some of you that can use your thinking brain and who are more in the know than I am.....why would the Vikings sign Darnold for a 1 year tryout over trading for Fields for 1 year tryout. Is it the obvious answer they think he's better?

That one confuses me. Maybe Poles just doesn't want him to go to a division rival or the Viking think Darnold and Fields are a wash and they'd rather pay then send over a 3rd round pick?

They must know something I don't if the plan is indeed to have Darnold as their starting QB.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Simple as that. He’s going to wait and see what happens. He would want to do right for Justin Fields, but that doesn’t mean it will happen. Business is business at the end.
not to mention, the return is going down, not up, Poles screwed this up big time

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Breer reported that the Giants have talked to teams in the top 3 to move up.

Ain't making a move with Washington because they're in the division and New England has Jacoby as their bridge QB and that's it.

Bears/Giants talk will start to heat up to pressure Washington to make the first call with us - then we trade back again to NYG and have our pick of Nabers/Rome and then a DE at 9. Owning the 2025 firsts for both of the NFC East bottom dwellers would be fucking nice.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
If the Panthers finished 7-9 and were picking around 8-10 ish, and the Bears had picks 8-10, we wouldn't be talking about qb in round 1.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Breer reported that the Giants have talked to teams in the top 3 to move up.

Ain't making a move with Washington because they're in the division and New England has Jacoby as their bridge QB and that's it.

Bears/Giants talk will start to heat up to pressure Washington to make the first call with us - then we trade back again to NYG and have our pick of Nabers/Rome and then a DE at 9. Owning the 2025 firsts for both of the NFC East bottom dwellers would be fucking nice.

Keep the delusion going