Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Luke

Liked Posts:
My guess is that Poles really wants a 2nd round pick for Fields and the best offer is some package where the highest pick is a 3rd. It looks like Mayfield is staying in Tampa, so the big question for Atlanta is going to be if they can land Cousins. If they miss there, then I think Poles might be able to get what he wants.

possibly, but Poles has no leverage.
From what I've read, Steelers aren't interested, they would rather have Rudolph/Pickett.
Vegas is out, what other team do the Falcons have to bid against?
Poles may very well have to take a similar package like the Darnold trade. A day 3 pick in 24' and a conditional pick (Darnold's wasn't) in 25' depending on what happens this year.

Last edited:

napo55

Liked Posts:
The hope is that he plans to keep Fields, and trade down for a monumental haul. But I don't have a lot of faith in Poles, so he may trade him.

Question, if Williams was the Bears QB last year, would D J Moore and Kmet have had outstanding career years-- as they did with Fields as QB?

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hope is that he plans to keep Fields, and trade down for a monumental haul. But I don't have a lot of faith in Poles, so he may trade him.

Question, if Williams was the Bears QB last year, would D J Moore and Kmet have had outstanding career years-- as they did with Fields as QB?
I wouldn't have any faith in him if he did what you wanted . . .

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is lying season. No one knows what really will happen since Cliff Stein got fired. Poles isn't a doofus like Pace was. Pace was giving away drafts picks.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I for one haven't heard the Bears say that they are shopping Fields

I don’t think anyone has heard that yet. But it sure doesn’t take a rocket scientist with a degree in aerospace engineering, a doctorate in physics, a first class honours degree in Natural Science, made a Companion of Honour, who won a Copley medal, became a Fellow of the Royal Society, who received a BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award, and the noble prize in physics, to figure out that they are wanting to trade Fields.

Just saying…

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm confused. Like you think the bears are throwing smokescreens around to up the value of the #1 pick? And they're going to stick with Fields?

Ask yourself one simple question.

Why haven't the Bears done what most teams in their position over the long history of the NFL have done, and just make it clear they are taking a quarterback in no uncertain terms?

This has absolutely nothing to do with fields. If you can't divorce fields from this argument then you have the mental problem.

It's a simple question. The Bears have the first overall pick. There's nothing to lose by plainly stating what their intentions are. No one's going to jump in front of them and take their guy.

And before you or others get started on claiming that because of all the reports that's plainly stating it, no that's not. That's you falling for media bullshit and being stupid. Clearly stating it is Ryan Paul's getting up in front of everyone and saying directly that they are taking a quarterback. That is what other NFL teams in their position have done in the past.

If you read between the lines, Ryan Poles has not committed to a decision yet.

And anyone who has a fucking brain and has been a part of or is a warehouse negotiations happen, the more demand you can create the bigger the return you get.

By not 100% saying they are going to draft a quarterback, They are leaving teams open to inquire while at the same time Leveraging the hype around Caleb Williams In order to extract As large A sum as possible to get the first overall pick.

However, teams won't buy that if they think the Bears are married to Justin fields. Creating uncertainty with Justin fields further enhances the value of the first overall pick because now Ryan can make the argument that they can just draft Caleb and keep him, whether they actually intended to or not.

Seriously if you can't even grasp that concept, or if you think the whole thing is stupid, then actually you are the one who is too stupid to understand how these negotiations go.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
CW has delayed his meeting with the bears till after his pro day Mar.20th.
Ian Rapport is reporting that the direction is they want to select Caleb, but want to do their due diligence with CW which means they will probably wait for the FA QB market to settle before deciding on Justin Fields.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

Considering Fields averaged 197ypg last year and the D2 undrafted rookie making his first 4 starts averaged almost the same with 194ypg.. Yeah I'm pretty sure that DJ Moore and Kmet would of done just fine with Williams if he was here last year.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t think anyone has heard that yet. But it sure doesn’t take a rocket scientist with a degree in aerospace engineering, a doctorate in physics, a first class honours degree in Natural Science, made a Companion of Honour, who won a Copley medal, became a Fellow of the Royal Society, who received a BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award, and the noble prize in physics, to figure out that they are wanting to trade Fields.

Just saying…
Good. Cuz I only have 3 of those

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
every team knows bears are picking williams. why over pay?

napo55

Liked Posts:
Ask yourself one simple question.

Why haven't the Bears done what most teams in their position over the long history of the NFL have done, and just make it clear they are taking a quarterback in no uncertain terms?

This has absolutely nothing to do with fields. If you can't divorce fields from this argument then you have the mental problem.

It's a simple question. The Bears have the first overall pick. There's nothing to lose by plainly stating what their intentions are. No one's going to jump in front of them and take their guy.

And before you or others get started on claiming that because of all the reports that's plainly stating it, no that's not. That's you falling for media bullshit and being stupid. Clearly stating it is Ryan Paul's getting up in front of everyone and saying directly that they are taking a quarterback. That is what other NFL teams in their position have done in the past.

If you read between the lines, Ryan Poles has not committed to a decision yet.

And anyone who has a fucking brain and has been a part of or is a warehouse negotiations happen, the more demand you can create the bigger the return you get.

By not 100% saying they are going to draft a quarterback, They are leaving teams open to inquire while at the same time Leveraging the hype around Caleb Williams In order to extract As large A sum as possible to get the first overall pick.

However, teams won't buy that if they think the Bears are married to Justin fields. Creating uncertainty with Justin fields further enhances the value of the first overall pick because now Ryan can make the argument that they can just draft Caleb and keep him, whether they actually intended to or not.

Seriously if you can't even grasp that concept, or if you think the whole thing is stupid, then actually you are the one who is too stupid to understand how these negotiations go.

Considering Fields averaged 197ypg last year and the D2 undrafted rookie making his first 4 starts averaged almost the same with 194ypg.. Yeah I'm pretty sure that DJ Moore and Kmet would of done just fine with Williams if he was here last year.
Well.I'm not. Moore had his best career year with Fields and so did Kmet. Williams transition from college to the NFL is a question mark.