Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not arguing he is damaged. I just want to see Williams do better because he is coming in a better situation than Fields did.

Williams will have a top 10 defense, a better O-line, and more weapons to work with. At least be a game manager and let the Bears be a playoff contender with 9 wins.

Im not asking him to be a beast but show us that you are capable to be a future franchise QB. If not, the Bears wasted the 1st pick on him, and Groundhog Day commences with new HC and GM with a QB they are stuck with.
You gotta love it. A prospect who is put in one of the best situations and considered great shouldn’t have high expectations apparently

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
Looks like Atlanta is looking at other options at QB, Cousins, JJ McCarthy is now viewed at a top 12 or 10 Pick with a possibility of trading up
to #3. Raiders, Denver and Pitts only options, but they may take a QB in the draft as well.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You gotta love it. A prospect who is put in one of the best situations and considered great shouldn’t have high expectations apparently
I think it's more of an expectations for 2024. Nobody has 'Kyle Orton' expectations for CW for his career.

I think it's very level-headed to expect CW take his lumps and learn on the job like (almost) every/any rookie his first year (Don't bring that Stroud argument here, bc it's easily balanced by a Peyton Manning argument).

3 years in, the expectation ABSOLUTELY is that he's light years ahead of where Fields currently is. That seems more fair to me.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because nobody wants Fields that means by default the bears will pass on Caleb Williams because they're stuck with Fields? Lol wtf! That's a bonanza way of thinking.

Some of you truly are stupid when it comes to negotiating. Like - actual critical thinking is as beyond you as rocket science is to a toddler...

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's more of an expectations for 2024. Nobody has 'Kyle Orton' expectations for CW for his career.

I think it's very level-headed to expect CW take his lumps and learn on the job like every rookie his first year.

3 years in, the expectation ABSOLUTELY is that he's light years ahead of where Fields currently is. That seems more fair to me.
Absolutely, Lester . . .

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The reason he hasn't been traded yet is because he hasn't played well enough to be any teams plan A.. Teams are waiting on better options for now and Fields is the Plan B or C if those other options fall through.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason he hasn't been traded yet is because he hasn't played well enough to be any teams plan A.. Teams are waiting on better options for now and Fields is the Plan B or C if those other options fall through.
You better shut your whore mouth

😁

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it's more along the lines of where each team is heading in the future. If you want to win right now....then Wilson or Cousins is your guy.....looking for some longevity, then Fields might come into play. The difference in age is 11 years....a significant number when you factor the average age of an NFL player is under 4 years.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its not like its just CW, although he's the top dawg.
Daniels and Maye are both better prospects than Fields was.
Yea, that's exactly my point. All the Bears need to conclude to move Fields is they like multiple people in the draft more than Fields. If so, they can move Fields whenever while they figure out who they'll draft.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

I think it's very level-headed to expect CW take his lumps and learn on the job like (almost) every/any rookie his first year (Don't bring that Stroud argument here, bc it's easily balanced by a Peyton Manning argument).

Wayminnit though:
Hasn't the Stroud-like instant impact been one of the main comps as to why this is such a winning idea?

(ya'll are getting really ridiculous walking back these expectations that have been trumpeted smh)

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
Some of you truly are stupid when it comes to negotiating. Like - actual critical thinking is as beyond you as rocket science is to a toddler...
I'm confused. Like you think the bears are throwing smokescreens around to up the value of the #1 pick? And they're going to stick with Fields?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

But but but CJ……. lol I’m not expecting world beater numbers but at least a good TD/INT ratio and decent record. I want playoff’s however I temper my expectations

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
But but but CJ……. lol I’m not expecting world beater numbers but at least a good TD/INT ratio and decent record. I want playoff’s however I temper my expectations
Sounds reasonable to me . . . Just ban anyone who doesn't agree, PiB . . . :ROFLMAO:

Lurk McGurk

Liked Posts:
I for one haven't heard the Bears say that they are shopping Fields
They openly advertised him to the whole league in the most respectful way that they could.

I thought it would be obvious that was the case when a NFL GM (Poles) was asked about the possibility of trading his starting QB (Justin), and he said that if they go down that road, they want to do right by Justin.

I guess if people don't want it to happen, they aren't willing to see that for what it was.