Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I was agreeing with you and adding to your comment, so maybe it is you that needs to take that trip up the extension ladder.

Der-Duh

that is is why I said "and this guy" and not "and you".
misunderstood........

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only hole is they can trade Justin if they like any QB in the draft, with medicals. In other words, I assume Maye and JJ gave medicals. If they'd be ok with them, then they can move Justin now under the assumption they have multiple options in the draft should the cool on Caleb. Honestly though, I don't know what medicals entail, but I can't imagine what they could possibly find that would change their mind.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the Bears are an exception since they hold the 1st pick. I won’t be shocked if they already have his medical.
I would hope so. I don't quite understand not doing them. But at the same time what do I know

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Steelers are allegedly out of trading for Fields according to the Athletic.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

Luke

Liked Posts:
The only hole is they can trade Justin if they like any QB in the draft, with medicals. In other words, I assume Maye and JJ gave medicals. If they'd be ok with them, then they can move Justin now under the assumption they have multiple options in the draft should the cool on Caleb. Honestly though, I don't know what medicals entail, but I can't imagine what they could possibly find that would change their mind.

Its not like its just CW, although he's the top dawg.
Daniels and Maye are both better prospects than Fields was.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
1 down......30 to go baby 😁

I bet it was all a smoke screen.

I honestly was LOLing at the reporters claiming clarity would come via the combine. There won't be any clarity at a bare minimum until the new league year starts. And if the Bears don't "find a trade partner" for Fields right away, well, let's just say the longer it goes, the more the Caleb Williams contingent should be sweating over the possibility of a draft day trade of the #1 overall pick.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:

I honestly was LOLing at the reporters claiming clarity would come via the combine. There won't be any clarity at a bare minimum until the new league year starts. And if the Bears don't "find a trade partner" for Fields right away, well, let's just say the longer it goes, the more the Caleb Williams contingent should be sweating over the possibility of a draft day trade of the #1 overall pick.
Because nobody wants Fields that means by default the bears will pass on Caleb Williams because they're stuck with Fields? Lol wtf! That's a bonanza way of thinking.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Since I can't figure out how to post gifs on my mobile device I'll just put this.....

Evil grin emoji

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:

You'd do well to accept reality sooner rather than later, MJ. Present your opinion as your own rather than misrepresenting what we're all seeing.

Frankly, I don't know how much clearer things could have been coming out of the Combine - there was a consensus that the Bears were going to go with Williams at #1, hardly any reports about any potential Haul! . . . , what appears to be genuine interest and excitement on the Bears' end about meeting Williams and scheduling a follow-up reported by many, an on-the-record cataloguing of things Matt Eberflus wants out of his starting quarterback that Justin Fields didn't provide for context, and daily reports on the lukewarm-at-best trade market for Fields. Pudge Poles doesn't even have to confirm the pick at this point; it's all pretty obvious he will be taking Williams. If he doesn't, it'll be one of the other top prospects. There will be no Haul! . . . to build around Fields.

So LOL all you want; the world of CCS is laughing right along with at you. Rent-free, fella, rent-free . . .

Last edited:

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd do well to accept reality sooner rather than later, MJ. Present your opinion as your own rather than misrepresenting what we're all seeing.

Frankly, I don't know how much clearer things could have been coming out of the Combine - there was a consensus that the Bears were going to go with Williams at #1, hardly any reports about any potential Haul! . . . , what appears to be genuine interest and excitement on the Bears' end about meeting Williams and scheduling a follow-up reported by many, and an on-the-record cataloguing of things Matt Eberflus wants out of his starting quarterback that Justin Fields didn't provide for context, and daily reports on the lukewarm-at-best trade market for Fields. Pudge Poles doesn't even have to confirm the pick at this point; it's all pretty obvious he will be taking Williams. If he doesn't, it'll be one of the other top prospects. There will be no Haul! . . . to build around Fields.

So LOL all you want; the world of CCS is laughing right along with at you. Rent-free, fella, rent-free . . .
Sad face emoji