Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
So when do you want your ban 🤔?
Did you ever get any disciplinary action for literally fcking ALTERING the results of my poll????? I've been DMing the owners and also the non troll mods for days on end now and no response!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did you ever get any disciplinary action for literally fcking ALTERING the results of my poll????? I've been DMing the owners and also the non troll mods for days on end now and no response!
Yes. I was told to apologize and I will. @SugarWalls I apologize

For not changing it earlier!

🖕🏿

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ask yourself one simple question.

Why haven't the Bears done what most teams in their position over the long history of the NFL have done, and just make it clear they are taking a quarterback in no uncertain terms?

This has absolutely nothing to do with fields. If you can't divorce fields from this argument then you have the mental problem.

It's a simple question. The Bears have the first overall pick. There's nothing to lose by plainly stating what their intentions are. No one's going to jump in front of them and take their guy.

And before you or others get started on claiming that because of all the reports that's plainly stating it, no that's not. That's you falling for media bullshit and being stupid. Clearly stating it is Ryan Paul's getting up in front of everyone and saying directly that they are taking a quarterback. That is what other NFL teams in their position have done in the past.

If you read between the lines, Ryan Poles has not committed to a decision yet.

And anyone who has a fucking brain and has been a part of or is a warehouse negotiations happen, the more demand you can create the bigger the return you get.

By not 100% saying they are going to draft a quarterback, They are leaving teams open to inquire while at the same time Leveraging the hype around Caleb Williams In order to extract As large A sum as possible to get the first overall pick.

However, teams won't buy that if they think the Bears are married to Justin fields. Creating uncertainty with Justin fields further enhances the value of the first overall pick because now Ryan can make the argument that they can just draft Caleb and keep him, whether they actually intended to or not.

Seriously if you can't even grasp that concept, or if you think the whole thing is stupid, then actually you are the one who is too stupid to understand how these negotiations go.
It's a brilliant strategy, isn't it MJ? Allow me to re-enact the important events in the form of a play, like you used to . . .

The scene is Halas Haul. It's early morning. Justin Fields is working out in the weight room. He is alone. He is so dedicated to being his best that he is the only Bears player who comes into Halas Haul every morning. While his teammates are off in the Caribbean, drinking pina coladas on the beach, he has braved the entire Chicago winter to continue conditioning himself for the 2024 season. He is in a good mood this morning, having helped an old lady cross the road, greeted the security guard as always with a smile and firm handshake, and having given one of his jerseys Mean Joe Green-style to the wide-eyed son of one of the Halas Haul receptionists who came into work with his mother in the hopes of getting a glimpse of the greatest Bear quarterback of all time hard at work. Ryan Poles enters the weight room . . .

RP - Morning, Justin. Working out as hard as ever I see. That sort of dedication is one of the many things I admire about you. I know you have a lot of work to do this morning so I won't take a lot of your time. I'm heading to the Combine tomorrow and I just want to let you know about an intricate strategy I've devised to pull of the most historic Haul! . . . the NFL has ever seen.

JF - Wow, Ryan. That sounds interesting. I've always respected your clandestine management style. Right now it's so smoky around here it's like someone started the Chicago fire again!

RP - Haha, good one, Justin. Always enthusiastic and with a smile at the ready, that's you! Well, except when Andy Dalton or Nick Foles try to mentor you, that is. Anyway, this is only the beginning. Let me tell you what I've got in store for the Combine. As soon as I get there, I'm going to start ignoring all the rumors from reporters saying I'm going to use the #1 pick on a quarterback. I'm not going to come out and say anything like, hey we have Justin, he’s the future, all this stuff about Caleb Williams is way off. I'm not even going to mention the possibility of a Haul! . . . either.

JF - Are you sure, Ryan? Isn't this going to make everyone think the Bears are going to replace me?

RP - Yup. That's exactly the point. But that's only the beginning. While I'm doing that, I'm going to run around after Caleb Williams like a puppy dog. I'm gonna send our coaches for informal photo-ops with Williams while he's working out. The photos will show Caleb and the coaches laughing and acting all chummy. It'll appear obvious that there's a great rapport there.

JF - Uh, OK? . . .

RP - Then, after a couple of days, the reporters will catch on and start reporting how obvious it is the Bears are interested not just in any quarterback, but in Caleb Williams. When they do this, I won't say anything. I'll just let them all form a consensus reporting how Caleb is stealing the whole show at the Combine and that we - the Chicago Bears - are eating it all up.

JF - Yeah? . . .

RP - At the same time, I'm gonna leak some of the information about the crappy offers we're getting from other teams who want to trade for you. I'm gonna have those leaks make it seem like nobody wants you. You know how you once told me it would be cool if you played for the Falcons if you can't stay with us here on the Bears? I'm gonna stir things up like we're going to trade you to the Falcons, then leak that the Falcons might want Kirk Cousins instead of you.

JF - Kirk Cousins? That old, slow white guy who's injured all the time. You want people to think a team wants him over me?

RP - Yeah, isn't this great? Anyway, you know how your career has been kind of up and down, and we've lost so many games since you got here, and how we've blown a lot of games in the 4th quarter when you get the yips and fumble and throw interceptions? After all of that, I'm gonna have Coach Eberflus talk about how the Bears need a quarterback who plays consistently, wins consistently, and elevates his play in the 4th quarter. It's gonna make you look absolutely useless.

JF - Da hell? . . . Eberflus? He's gotta be the dumbest guy at the Combine! He's gonna dog me? . . .

RP - Yeah, right. He's just gonna make it seem like you're not very good. Ok, so then, after Caleb Williams makes you look like tired old news, and nobody cares where you end up playing next year as long as we get Williams, I'm gonna call the Commandoskins. Somebody told me they really want Williams, I think he grew up there or something. But they'll have given up any hope of getting Williams because of all the positive reports related to the Bears. They'll be so happy to hear from me when the phone rings, they won't know a Haul! . . . from a handbasket. Then I'll hit 'em with it - gimme the #2 and the rest of your 2024 picks and I'll step out of the way, let you pick Williams, and the Bears will run it back next year with you. You, Justin. Sure, it'll look like we're settling for less at the most important position on the field, but think of The Haul! . . .

JF - Yeah, Ryan, I don't think I'm too comfortable with this . . .

RP - And then we're gonna take all offensive players and build the greatest offense the NFL has ever seen. Sure, all your peers will have so much bulletin board material on you you'll never come out of a huddle without your opponent's talking trash, and you'll be kinda a laughinstock playing for a team that didn't even want you, but The Haul! . . .

JF - Listen, Ryan, I don't want any part of this shi- . . .

RP - It's brilliant, isn't it. It’ll totally work. And this way DJ Moore won’t burn down the locker room. Anyhow, that's what we're going to do. I'm heading off to the Combine this morning. But I gotta get moving, I'm already running late and I'm really gonna have to Haul! . . . ass to get there on time. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back if I can remember your phone number.

JF - Alright Poles, you stupid sumbich - Haul! . . . this! . . .

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's a brilliant strategy, isn't it MJ? Allow me to re-enact the important events in the form of a play, like you used to . . .

The scene is Halas Haul. It's early morning. Justin Fields is working out in the weight room. He is alone. He is so dedicated to being his best that he is the only Bears player who comes into Halas Haul every morning. While his teammates are off in the Caribbean, drinking pina coladas on the beach, he has braved the entire Chicago winter to continue conditioning himself for the 2024 season. He is in a good mood this morning, having helped an old lady cross the road, greeted the security guard as always with a smile and firm handshake, and having given one of his jerseys Mean Joe Green-style to the wide-eyed son of one of the Halas Haul receptionists who came into work with his mother in the hopes of getting a glimpse of the diligent Fields at work. Ryan Poles enters the weight room . . .

RP - Morning, Justin. Working out as hard as ever I see. That sort of dedication is one of the many things I admire about you. I know you have a lot of work to do this morning so I won't take a lot of your time. I'm heading to the Combine tomorrow and I just want to let you know about an intricate strategy I've devised to pull of the most historic Haul! . . . the NFL has ever seen.

JF - Wow, Ryan. That sounds interesting. I've always respected your clandestine management style. Right now it's so smoky around here it's like someone started the Chicago fire again!

RP - Haha, good one, Justin. Always enthusiastic and with a smile, that's you! Well, this is only the beginning. Let me tell you what I've got in store for the Combine. As soon as I get there, I'm going to start ignoring all the rumors from reporters saying I'm going to use the #1 pick on a quarterback. I'm not even going to mention the possibility of a Haul! . . .

JF - Are you sure, Ryan? Isn't this going to make everyone think the Bears are going to replace me?

RP - Yup. That's exactly the point. But that's only the beginning. While I'm doing that, I'm going to run around after Caleb Williams like a puppy dog. I'm gonna send our coaches for informal photo-ops with Williams while he's working out. The photos will show Caleb and the coaches laughing and acting all chummy. It'll appear obvious that there's a great rapport there.

JF - Uh, OK? . . .

RP - Then, after a couple of days, the reporters will catch on and start reporting how obvious it is the Bears are interested not just in any quarterback, but in Caleb Williams. When they do this, I won't say anything. I'll just let them all form a consensus reporting how Caleb is stealing the whole show at the Combine and that we - the Chicago Bears - are eating it all up.

JF - Yeah? . . .

RP - At the same time, I'm gonna leak some of the information about the crappy offers we're getting from other teams who want to trade for you. I'm gonna have those leaks make it seem like nobody wants you. You know how you once told me it would be cool if you played for the Falcons if you can't stay with us here on the Bears? I'm gonna stir things up like we're going to trade you to the Falcons, then tell the Falcons to leak that they might want Kirk Cousins instead of you.

JF - Kirk Cousins? That old, slow white guy who's injured all the time. You want people to think a team wants him over me?

RP - Yeah, isn't this great? Anyway, you know how your career has been kind of up and down, and we've lost so many games since you got here, and how we've blown a lot of games in the 4th quarter? After all of that, I'm gonna have Coach Eberflus talk about how the Bears need a quarterback who plays consistently, wins consistently, and elevates his play in the 4th quarter. It's gonna make you look absolutely useless.

JF - Da hell? . . . Eberflus? He's gotta be the dumbest guy at the Combine! He's gonna dog? . . .

RP - Yeah! Ok, so then, after Caleb Williams makes you look like tired old news, and nobody cares where you end up playing next year as long as the Bears get Williams, I'm gonna call the Commandoskins. Somebody told me they really want Caleb Williams, I think he grew up there or something. But they'll have given up any hope of getting Williams because of all the positive reports related to the Bears. They'll be so happy to hear from me when the phone rings, they won't know a Haul! . . . from a handbasket. Then I'll hit 'em with it - gimme the #2 and the rest of your 2024 picks and I'll step out of the way, let you pick Williams, and the Bears will run it back next year with you. You, Cale-, I mean, you, Justin.

JF - Yeah, Ryan, I don't think I'm too comfortable with tha- . . .

RP - And then we're gonna take all offensive players and build the greatest offense the NFL has ever seen. Sure, all your peers will have so much bulletin board material on you you'll never come out of a huddle without your opponent's talking trash, and you'll be kinda a laughinstock playing for a team that didn't even want you, but think of the Haul! . . .

JF - Listen, Ryan, I don't want any part of this shi- . . .

RP - It's brilliant, isn't it. Anyhow, that's what we're going to do. I'm heading off to the Combine this morning. But I gotta get moving, I'm already running late and I'm really gonna have to Haul! . . . ass to get there on time. I'll let you know how it goes when I get back if I can remember your phone number.

JF - Hey Poles, you stupid sumbich - Haul! . . . this! . . .
This sucked, I might edit your post to make it shorter

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything has a price....

Bears are balancing what they could get from a trade down vs what they could get from trading Fields...

If the solution was just to dump Fields and draft Williams no matter what, they would have done that.

This week should see some resolution on what the Bears ultimate plan is.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears are balancing what they could get from a trade down vs what they could get from trading Fields...

If the solution was just to dump Fields and draft Williams no matter what, they would have done that.

I dont disagree. Just surprised we haven't atleast heard something. Seems there's always a leak.
This year they are really tight. Which is a good thing imo

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont disagree. Just surprised we haven't atleast heard something. Seems there's always a leak.
This year they are really tight. Which is a good thing imo
the last true "leak" from Halas was Gabriel and that got somebody fired...

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

The Bears are trying to trade Fields, but can’t until Cousins finds a landing spot. Teams seem to value Cousins more and until he’s off the market the Bears are going to get offered .60 cents on the dollar for Fields. Even though it’s the worst kept secret the Bears can’t just announce they’re taking Williams because Fields loses trade value. It’s a game all teams play. It’s in no interest of the Bears to openly announce their hand even though everybody already knows what it is.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

the bears know exactly what they're doing at QB

and they're not trying to sell low on Fields

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
possibly, but Poles has no leverage.
From what I've read, Steelers aren't interested, they would rather have Rudolph/Pickett.
Vegas is out, what other team do the Falcons have to bid against?
Poles may very well have to take a similar package like the Darnold trade. A day 3 pick in 24' and a conditional pick (Darnold's wasn't) in 25' depending on what happens this year.
Problem with that is, what we read, what we hear might happen from other teams is probably not true. It still is the lying season, when it comes down to exactly what JF1 is worth.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dumbest hot take of them all. Either Fields is the guy or he isn't. If Poles has not made that decision yet, and potential "trade value" influences his decision he should be fired immediately. What your saying essentially amounts to this.................

We will take CW if we can trade Fields for a 2nd, but if all we can get for Fields is a 4th, then, we will roll with Fields and trade out of number 1 (again providing they get what they want doing this). Any decent GM would be decisive and pick which QB they want, regardless of all the other BS. If that means dumping Fields for a 4th or a 5th, so be it, if CW is the guy, no one will care or remember.

"If the solution was just to dump Fields and draft Williams no matter what, they would have done that."

And they will. They have already made that decision.

Last edited:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dumbest hot take of them all. Either Fields is the guy or he isn't. If Poles has not made that decision yet, and potential "trade value" influences his decision he should be fired immediately. What your saying essentially amounts to this.................

We will take CW if we can trade Fields for a 2nd, but if all we can get for Fields is a 4th, then, we will roll with Fields and trade out of number 1 (again providing they get what they want doing this). And decent GM would be decisive and pick which QB they want, regardless of all the other BS. If that means dumping Fields for a 4th or a 5th, so be it, if CW is the guy, no one will care or remember.

"If the solution was just to dump Fields and draft Williams no matter what, they would have done that."

And they will. They have already made that decision.
Shut up, frenchie