Why the hell are you a bears fan?

CalebsFingerNails

Liked Posts:
Yikes, i feel young as hell and I'll probably get flack for this, but I didn't start watching the bears till 06, let me explain

I was in HS (around 14/15 years old) and one of my classmates came in class and said out loud "woohoo the bears are 5-0!" I was like "huh, maybe I should start watching football" my uncle tried turning me into a cowboys fan when I was super young and I didn't bite. I wanted to cheer for my home team. So the very first game I watched you ask? The MNF game against the Cardinals??‍♂️....I went to bed when the score was 20-0 I think. I wake up for school and my mom brings me the sports article and told me the bears came back and won! I was like "ok I jinxed them, I'm not watching them again" lol, I then watched bits of the Miami game were they lost 31-13 IIRC, and the close to the end of the NE game were they lost 17-13. Didn't watch my first full game until the playoffs when they beat the Seahawks in OT. Didn't see the whole NFC title game but when I started watching it the score was 16-14, then from there on out they went on a scoring frenzy. Watched them lose the Super Bowl and since than I became a faithful bears fan, pretty sad right? ?

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Going to soldier field with my dad watching 340lb Keith Trailer intercept then rumbling down the field. I picked a bad century to become a bears fan.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm Canadian, but grew up just across the border from Port Huron, MI so we got mostly US stations. This was before cable, when you got all your stations through an aerial. It didn't take me long to figure out I shouldn't like the Lions even if that was the weekly game on TV. I remember liking the Steelers because of Mean Joe Greene and the steel curtain defense, but a few years later watching Walter Payton run the ball against the Lions sealed the deal. I was a teenager when they won the SB and I remember thinking they would be contenders forever....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a dream, one day the Bears would have a Hall of Fame Quarterback.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Child abuse by my Dad.

I got into them in 2003. Used to go to sleep with the Bears losing, my Dad would wake me up and the Bears were winning. I wish he just let me sleep and think they were taking L's.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite color is blue... this also is the reason for Cubs over sox... I was like 4 by the way.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I ask myself this every single day.

Biscuit

Liked Posts:
Proximity to the team, like most fans. I grew up in the NW suburbs, so it was natural to root for the “hometown heroes”.

But I locked in, for life, when I witnessed QB Bobby Douglass grab a blitzing linebacker by the front of his jersey, and used his momentum to toss him to the ground, behind him. They didn’t win much when I was a kid, but I liked their toughness.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
Loved to watch "according to Jim" and unfortunately I always liked blue and orange.

Here I am...

But to be fair, little later I started to watch King of Queens. Damn, I'm happy I'm no Jets fan.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Born and raised in Illinois as a Chicago sports fan, and now I get to live in Kansas City and experience a daily reminder of what could've been.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At first I thought the Bengals' helmets were way cooler... but then the Bears kicked ass and won the Superbowl, putting Bears-mania into overdrive. My friends and I performed the Superbowl Shuffle at school and the teachers thought it was so cool that they let us spend the whole day going around with our boombox to all the different classrooms and performing it for them. I've been a fan ever since.

Paddy12345

Liked Posts:
Living in the Uk , I was 10 years old . I was given ESPN nfl 2k5 as a gift from my brother . Chose the best colours/ name and set as my favourite team. 15 years later , never looked back . Haven’t missed a game since I was 11.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Proximity to the team, like most fans. I grew up in the NW suburbs, so it was natural to root for the “hometown heroes”.

But I locked in, for life, when I witnessed QB Bobby Douglass grab a blitzing linebacker by the front of his jersey, and used his momentum to toss him to the ground, behind him. They didn’t win much when I was a kid, but I liked their toughness.

Concannon to Gordon, Butkus catching a PAT

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Why the hell am I a Bears fan? It's the local team and I can't stomach being a Packers fan.