Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
I don't post often. Or even log into my account. But I get on here a few times a week and read. I just have one question..

What is the deal with everyone's love for Albert Wilson? I get it, he played under Nagy. But dude has never had more than 3 TDs in a season. Only 500 yards once. Over 40 catches once. He's your savior choice for the Bears? Really. C'mon now. Honestly. He's just another guy. He's the exact same guy as Kendall Wright, and Wright already has an established connection to Trubisky.

I see two scenarios to fix the WR.

1) Sign a legit #1 - Allen Robinson (I personally believe he is a legit #1 and was playing with a horrific QB. I don't care about his injury. Not uncommon to come back from these days. Same as Cam), get Cam back, re-sign Wright for the slot, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Robinson - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Wright (slot)

This scenario we have a legit #1. Solid #2. Slot guy with a connection to our QB. Speed to fill in when needed and a draft pick to develop. I understand you take risk with injury, but I am a firm believer that injuries have more to do with luck than anything else. Remember when Stafford couldn't finish a season? Or prior to this year, Keenan Allen was always hurt? Luck plays a big part in it.

2) Sign Landry for the slot (not signing Wright), get Cam back to play outside, sign Paul Richardson to play outside, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Richardson - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Landry (slot)

I think either of these scenarios would be a significant upgrade at WR and TE with Burton pairing up with Shaheen. This would provide Trubisky with a ton of weapons to work with next season and make our offense dynamic when you add Cohen coming out of the backfield and Howard between the tackles.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So you're against Wilson but clearly in love with butler who has even worse career stats then Wilson?

Makes sense

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I also don't get the love for Wilson. I'm sure he would be a fine signing, but lets not act like if we sign him he will come in and be a 1,000 yard WR right away because he 'knows the system'.

I'm a proponent of brining in Landry. I think he's the best, young WR that will be available this offseason and is a great fit with Nagy. Bring back Cam, sign a mid tier burner and draft a WR in the 2nd. It's not the best WR core, but it would be a heulluva upgrade.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Butler would be extremely cheap. Will be used as a rotational 3 or 4 as a field stretching burner. Don't expect him to be an every down producer like you are all expecting from Wilson and wanting to give him legit money.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a good time for the Bears to be desperate for WR

Allen Robinson - WR - Jaguars
The Florida Times Union's Ryan O'Halloran predicts the Jaguars will use the franchise tag on impending free agent Allen Robinson if the sides can't agree on a multi-year contract.

Robinson is easily the Jaguars' biggest free agent, ahead of CB Aaron Colvin. Jacksonville only has eight players scheduled for free agency. Robinson missed all of 2017 with a torn ACL, but he expects to be cleared for a mostly-normal offseason. The franchise tag won't be cheap, but Robinson is the team's No. 1 receiver, and Jacksonville still has plenty of cap space. The receiver market already looks weak. A-Rob is one of the three best available.
Source: Florida Times Union Jan 24 - 9:54 AM

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think Robinson will want to stay in JAX now that they are winning, unfortunately. Hopefully not.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Robinson will want to stay in JAX now that they are winning, unfortunately. Hopefully not.

will Jax want him though vs what someone else may pay him?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brice Butler is the definition of inconsistent. His hands are atrocious. He lacks instincts. He has boneheaded penalties and seems to be an overall pea brain. Says he is only signing with a team if he is guaranteed to start. He already has diva with very limited production. He is a height weight speed WR that will disappoint as a FA acquisition. He is the perfect Cowboy. Let him stay there.

I am sick of hearing about him.

On a side note, I am all in on Allen Robinson.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bortles is a great deterrent for a WR staying. If they tag him, it's done but Pace should be high bidder

Luke

Liked Posts:
I heard the Jags announcer on the score Monday and he said the Jags will try to sign or then tag him. Probably SOL on Robinson .

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard the Jags announcer on the score Monday and he said the Jags will try to sign or then tag him. Probably SOL on Robinson .

I'd be surprised if they tag a guy that has had one year over 1000 yards. They will have to cut Hurns to be able to do it....they have several players with a lot of potential dead cap space. If they cut Hurns they will have 24m in cap space before the draft and free agency.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if they tag a guy that has had one year over 1000 yards. They will have to cut Hurns to be able to do it....they have several players with a lot of potential dead cap space. If they cut Hurns they will have 24m in cap space before the draft and free agency.

yep, he also said that they would cut Hurns.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
yep, he also said that they would cut Hurns.

It would still put them in a tight spot to tag him. Technically they could do it though.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Jacksonville was a bounce or two away from being in the superbowl without Allen Robinson. If you see the offense they run with Bortles I wonder why the hell they would even want to tag the guy.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jacksonville was a bounce or two away from being in the superbowl without Allen Robinson. If you see the offense they run with Bortles I wonder why the hell they would even want to tag the guy.

They may have felt that they could have one with their best receiver in the game.

Luke

Liked Posts:
It would still put them in a tight spot to tag him. Technically they could do it though.

btw, wheres your Charles Nelson Riley pic? that always cracked me up.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
btw, wheres your Charles Nelson Riley pic? that always cracked me up.

I put him on the bench.....I may bring it back out at some point.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Marquis Lee is also a free agent I believe.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They may have felt that they could have one with their best receiver in the game.

They could have won if the fumble didn't get reviewed and gets taken back to the house. That game relies on Fournette, and short pass plays with bortles being competent enough to hit those guys. Why throw top dollar at a wide receiver and then ask him to do little to nothing?

Sure I bet the Jags want Allen Robinson back but I dont see them shelling out the money to lock him down for multiple years, especially with how much money they have on the defensive side of the ball I don't see how they could afford it.