Wide Receivers

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They one his name is Cam Meredith.

I think they will use Meredith the same way that the Eagles use Jeffery. But keep in mind the Eagles used Jeffery on a ton of vertical shots.

I think it’s more likely that they use Meredith out of the slot in the same way KC used Kelce at TE. That makes Meredith a huge mismatch for defenses in the very same way Kelce is, and the middle of the field is where he thrives anyway.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sign 1 WR....and draft 1 or 2 in the draft.

I'd rather they sign a couple in FA and have a little more leeway in the draft.

If they sign Richardson and Wilson, that would reduce the need to overdraft at the WR position.

I was disappointed with Wheaton, but I was more disappointed with our coaching staff. I'd like to see how he could be used in the RPO spread offense.

Richardson, Wilson, Meredith, Wheaton, and a combination of White and draft choices.....you select Ridley and you have the makings of a damn good WR corps...

Liked Posts:
After what occurred with the receiving corp last year the Bears will be ultra aggressive addressing the issue. Robinson probably gets tagged leaving Landry as the best option. He's the best slot in football and there's nothing wrong with that. He catches everything and gets YAC. Sign him and Marquise Lee . Draft someone like Miller and Lazard call it a day .

C.Meredith
M.Lee
J.Landry
A.Miller
K.White
A.Lazard

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
After what occurred with the receiving corp last year the Bears will be ultra aggressive addressing the issue. Robinson probably gets tagged leaving Landry as the best option. He's the best slot in football and there's nothing wrong with that. He catches everything and gets YAC. Sign him and Marquise Lee . Draft someone like Miller and Lazard call it a day .

C.Meredith
M.Lee
J.Landry
A.Miller
K.White
A.Lazard

That goes from weakness to strength right away. I'm down for that plan for sure. I think Lee gets too much somewhere, but the rest I'm on board for.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

C.Meredith
M.Lee
J.Landry
A.Miller
K.White
A.Lazard

Probably going to have to use our 2nd and our 4th to get Miller and Lazard. I like both of those guys, but I don't see Pace doing that.

Liked Posts:
That goes from weakness to strength right away. I'm down for that plan for sure. I think Lee gets too much somewhere, but the rest I'm on board for.

I think pace signs two wr in free agency given the limited picks in the draft ,unless his plan is to trade back from 8. I really hope he gets Landry and Lee though would feel better about going into the draft not having to press as much .

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reasons I like Brice Butler

23 targets, 15 catches, 317 yards, 3TDs, 21 yards per catch

That is a lot of production for a fairly low number of targets and a low number of catches. 28 years old, elite physical tools and has was stuck as the 4th WR on the depth chart in Dallas. If you doubled his targets to 46, 30, 634, 6 TDs we would all be doing backflips about the signing.

Reasons I like Albert Wilson

Besides the obvious connection to the offense and the explosiveness he offers he is productive despite running deeper routes and is productive after the catch.

62 targets, 42 catches, 554 yards, 3 TDs, 13.2 yards per catch,

Averaging 13.2 yards per catch as the 3rd option and in the slot is really impressive. He had catches of 63, 37, 36, 24, and 20 and in every game he recorded a catch he had a catch for over 10 yards. The 5 games that Nagy called plays were by a large margin his most productive games 22 catches, 297 yards. If you extrapolate out Wilson's production to say 161 targets, which is way too much for a slot player he would have produced, 108 catches, 1430 yards, 8 TDs.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Butler can do similar things to Richardson and might be a better value

Richardson

80 targets, 44 catches, 703 yards, 6 TDs, 16 yards per catch, 6 Drops, 8 big plays [25+], 55% reception rate

Butler

23 targets, 15 catches, 317 yards, 3TDs, 21 yards per catch, 3 drops, 6 big plays [25+], 65% reception rate

Butler with 80 targets

52 catches, 1092 yards, 10.7 TDs, 10.7 drops, 13.5 big plays

Obviously the TDs and drops get very inflated.

I think with Butler you have a bigger and healthier player who has been under used. Now obviously he could fall off the Earth with more targets, but I think he is a big fast guy who is under used and could give the Bears what Richardson does for 1/4 the price.

I know what people will say that 21 yards per catch is insane, but he has done it 2/3 years with the Cowboys.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reasons I like Brice Butler

23 targets, 15 catches, 317 yards, 3TDs, 21 yards per catch

That is a lot of production for a fairly low number of targets and a low number of catches. 28 years old, elite physical tools and has was stuck as the 4th WR on the depth chart in Dallas. If you doubled his targets to 46, 30, 634, 6 TDs we would all be doing backflips about the signing.

Reasons I like Albert Wilson

Besides the obvious connection to the offense and the explosiveness he offers he is productive despite running deeper routes and is productive after the catch.

62 targets, 42 catches, 554 yards, 3 TDs, 13.2 yards per catch,

Averaging 13.2 yards per catch as the 3rd option and in the slot is really impressive. He had catches of 63, 37, 36, 24, and 20 and in every game he recorded a catch he had a catch for over 10 yards. The 5 games that Nagy called plays were by a large margin his most productive games 22 catches, 297 yards. If you extrapolate out Wilson's production to say 161 targets, which is way too much for a slot player he would have produced, 108 catches, 1430 yards, 8 TDs.

If we can get Brice Butler to sign a year prove it deal i'm all in.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

C.Meredith
M.Lee
J.Landry
A.Miller
K.White
A.Lazard

I am not going to lie. That does look like a much better WR core. I do like Butler, Wilson and Richardson as other good options as well.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't post often. Or even log into my account. But I get on here a few times a week and read. I just have one question..

What is the deal with everyone's love for Albert Wilson? I get it, he played under Nagy. But dude has never had more than 3 TDs in a season. Only 500 yards once. Over 40 catches once. He's your savior choice for the Bears? Really. C'mon now. Honestly. He's just another guy. He's the exact same guy as Kendall Wright, and Wright already has an established connection to Trubisky.

I see two scenarios to fix the WR.

1) Sign a legit #1 - Allen Robinson (I personally believe he is a legit #1 and was playing with a horrific QB. I don't care about his injury. Not uncommon to come back from these days. Same as Cam), get Cam back, re-sign Wright for the slot, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Robinson - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Wright (slot)

This scenario we have a legit #1. Solid #2. Slot guy with a connection to our QB. Speed to fill in when needed and a draft pick to develop. I understand you take risk with injury, but I am a firm believer that injuries have more to do with luck than anything else. Remember when Stafford couldn't finish a season? Or prior to this year, Keenan Allen was always hurt? Luck plays a big part in it.

2) Sign Landry for the slot (not signing Wright), get Cam back to play outside, sign Paul Richardson to play outside, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Richardson - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Landry (slot)

I think either of these scenarios would be a significant upgrade at WR and TE with Burton pairing up with Shaheen. This would provide Trubisky with a ton of weapons to work with next season and make our offense dynamic when you add Cohen coming out of the backfield and Howard between the tackles.

PLease post more, you make more sense than the regulars who post 100 times a day.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So you're against Wilson but clearly in love with butler who has even worse career stats then Wilson?

Makes sense
He wants Butler to be a #3 or #4 Wr and the goofs aon here want Wilson to be our #1. Yeah, he makes sense

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you could put Wilson [3] and Butler [4] into the WR core you would have a stable and intriguing bottom of the unit.

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind going after TE Jimmy Graham but it's going to cost us a lot to get him. Pace an Graham did spend time together in New Orleans. He's not a WR but he's a 6'7 athletic weapon that could help Trubisky out. Might even help Shaheen out. Nagy's crafty offense an ability to get Kelce the ball have me interested.

I wouldn't mind this...

Sign 1-2 FA WRs- Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee, Albert Wilson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson

Sign TE Jimmy Graham 2-3yr Deal, decent money

Draft 1-2 WRs...Guys we hope can be long term solutions- Christian Kirk, James Washington, Simmie Cobbs Jr, Equanimeous St Brown, Deon Cain, Allen Lazard, Jaleel Scott, Marcell Ateman