Wide Receivers

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Watkins would be a terrible signing. He’s going to be paid like a #1 but produces like a #3.

He’s still living on his draft hype.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
In terms of targets they do not generally have one guy getting elite #1 targets [160].

Is a more common distribution for them.

Pats have been doing this for the most part for years. Keeps defenses guessing and if you lose a guy or two, you're not completely screwed at the position

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But what i and a few others have been saying is how do we know Nagy isn't gonna do what Pederson is doing and change things up some from what they were doing with Reid in KC to where he can use WR's that aren't just small and fast??

No one has ever said small.

I think what the Bears will do will resemble what the Eagles do on offense, as I said Shaheen [Ertz], Meredith [Jeffery] and Howard [Blount] have better physical comps with Eagles players.

But even the Eagles worked to add speed Smith, who you see they take a number of vertical shots to, Algohor is a really explosive player and profiles very similar to the KC guys.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pats have been doing this for the most part for years. Keeps defenses guessing and if you lose a guy or two, you're not completely screwed at the position

Rams do it as well. Also means you do not need Julio Jones to scoop up 170 targets for your offense to be successful.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watkins would be a great signing. The Rams have already leaked that they plan to tag him if they cannot re-sign him.

Watkins would be a great signing and Landry would be a bad one?

I've heard it all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do we need a #1 wide receiver in Nagy's offense? I dont have stats in front of me but didnt the Chiefs do a good job of distribution the ball around with the players they have . Do they have a number one receiver? Would you consider Jeffrey a #1 receiver on the Eagles? Im just thinking out loud.

Well they do have T.Kelce and T.Hill so i would say they would consider one of them their #1 receiver but they also have a veteran QB, which we don't have, so i think a #1 receiver could help Trubs out more than one could help A.Smith out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think what the Bears will do will resemble what the Eagles do on offense, as I said Shaheen [Ertz], Meredith [Jeffery] and Howard [Blount] have better physical comps with Eagles players.

But even the Eagles worked to add speed Smith, who you see they take a number of vertical shots to, Algohor is a really explosive player and profiles very similar to the KC guys.

Ok but you've been very strong in your feelings about how KC only has fast WR's and how guys without speed can't work in that offense saying a WR like J.Landry couldn't produce good numbers in a Nagy offense.

Every team has fast WR's but not every team will have only fast WR's on it like you keep saying about how every team Reid has coached with Philly and the Chiefs only have fast WR's.

This is the first time i've seen you shift to saying that you think our offense will resemble the Philly offense.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok but you've been very strong in your feelings about how KC only has fast WR's and how guys without speed can't work in that offense saying a WR like J.Landry couldn't produce good numbers in a Nagy offense.

Every team has fast WR's but not every team will have only fast WR's on it like you keep saying about how every team Reid has coached with Philly and the Chiefs only have fast WR's.

This is the first time i've seen you shift to saying that you think our offense will resemble the Philly offense.

I think Nagy will make the offense resemble the pieces he has to work with.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy will make the offense resemble the pieces he has to work with.

I don’t quite understand the concept that many posters think Nagy is this flexible, innovative offensive guru. He’s very young and still inexperienced, and quite frankly the only think that I’d bet on is that his offense will resemble the only thing he’s ever known, Andy Reid’s offense. It just doesn’t make sense to expect him to be this ahead of the curve offensive guru when he’s barely gotten his feet wet so far.

The only safe thing to assume about his system is based on what he’s done in the past, which is actually very limited.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree and like i said when comparing the Chiefs and Eagles offense, i like how the Eagles use Jeffrey. I would like to sign Allen Robinson , his vitals ( height,weight,speed) is comparable to Jeffrey . Give me Wilson for our slot, and Robinson for our Jeffrey type receiver to line up on the outside and slot in the red zone. Robinson, Wilson Meridith and a draft choice and whatever we get from White.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I don’t quite understand the concept that many posters think Nagy is this flexible, innovative offensive guru. He’s very young and still inexperienced, and quite frankly the only think that I’d bet on is that his offense will resemble the only thing he’s ever known, Andy Reid’s offense. It just doesn’t make sense to expect him to be this ahead of the curve offensive guru when he’s barely gotten his feet wet so far.

The only safe thing to assume about his system is based on what he’s done in the past, which is actually very limited.

That is a very reasonable synopsis that injects a fair amount of reality.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. The Chiefs have all explosive/elite athletes at WR, outside of Demarcus Robinson.

2. Landry would produce in any offense, but he would not produce at a 14 million dollar level for the Bears for 2 reasons

-No one in this offense gets 160 targets
-He has little to no explosive ability in his game

3. The Chiefs and Eagles run very similar offenses. The concepts are almost identical even though the personnel is different.

-The Bears personnel better resembles the Eagles personnel.
-The Bears also need to add 2-3 WRs and a TE so that could change drastically

Example: Kelce and Ertz fill similar roles in there offenses. Both are heavily targeted, Ertz less so because of Alshon, but they both crush you underneath of the deeper clear out routes. The difference is Kelce is a freak, he runs deeper routes like flys down the seam and deep corner routes. Ertz runs more outs and hooks and in breaking routes at 10 yards.

I think Shaheen would be best used on these routes as he physically won't be able to run the same routes as Kelce.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree and like i said when comparing the Chiefs and Eagles offense, i like how the Eagles use Jeffrey. I would like to sign Allen Robinson , his vitals ( height,weight,speed) is comparable to Jeffrey . Give me Wilson for our slot, and Robinson for our Jeffrey type receiver to line up on the outside and slot in the red zone. Robinson, Wilson Meridith and a draft choice and whatever we get from White.

They one his name is Cam Meredith.

I think they will use Meredith the same way that the Eagles use Jeffery. But keep in mind the Eagles used Jeffery on a ton of vertical shots.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The main difference between the Eagles and Chiefs is that the Eagles throw more "air yards" because Wentz has more of an arm and is more aggressive than Smith.

I think that this is what Nagy wants to do. The games that he was calling plays the Chiefs were way more aggressive down the field and way more vertical in there routes and play calls.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They one his name is Cam Meredith.

I think they will use Meredith the same way that the Eagles use Jeffery. But keep in mind the Eagles used Jeffery on a ton of vertical shots.

Yeah that makes sense

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Also don't know why we would let Wright go for Wilson? They are similar players imo and Mitch already has a year with him. Let them develop together for another year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also don't know why we would let Wright go for Wilson? They are similar players imo and Mitch already has a year with him. Let them develop together for another year

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This offense needs young dynamic playmakers. Wright neither young, dynamic, nor a playmaker......he is just a guy. He is a fall back option.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
This offense needs young dynamic playmakers. Wright neither young, dynamic, nor a playmaker......he is just a guy. He is a fall back option.

wilson is neither dynamic nor a playmaker, his knowing the offense is the only reason why he's considered an option for the bears.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
wilson is neither dynamic nor a playmaker, his knowing the offense is the only reason why he's considered an option for the bears.

He is faster than Wright...one thing Nagy's offense thrives on....that alone is worth it....He is coming off of his best year in the pros....and knows the offense.....

Chemistry......Chemistry usually means winning games.....Chemistry also comes from 2 players being in the same offense and knowing what each other does. The offense will be new this year and I'd rather have guys that fit into Nagy's offense rather than hanging onto someone that was the least smelliest turd in the toilet.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He is faster than Wright...one thing Nagy's offense thrives on....that alone is worth it....He is coming off of his best year in the pros....and knows the offense.....

Chemistry......Chemistry usually means winning games.....Chemistry also comes from 2 players being in the same offense and knowing what each other does. The offense will be new this year and I'd rather have guys that fit into Nagy's offense rather than hanging onto someone that was the least smelliest turd in the toilet.

1st - i dont think i advocated for wright to stay in my post, he would be nothing more than depth if he were to stay.
2nd - wilson's knowledge of the offense is way more important to signing him than speed unless you believe that wilson will be the only speed threat to be added to this team.
3rd - what wilson's asking price will play a big role as well, while i would like to see wilson because of his knowledge of the offense, getting matthews or gabriel would work if the asking price is similar because imo those receivers are better overall. Wilsons numbers this year were just marginally better than 2015, its not like he had some kind of breakout year. he did have a breakout game when hill, kelce, hunt were all sitting and he was the best option.