Wide Receivers

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Don’t be asinine. Maybe if their offense could have gotten a first down or two at the end of the game, they could have keptBrady off the field. There are endless possibilities on how JAX could have won that game. There isn’t just one. Laugh your ass off all you want.

JAX lost the game, not sure what point you are trying to make saying it was some kind of accomplishment to do without Robinson...

Teams that are stacked with talent and good coaching sometimes just need a little something extra to make them better, to put them over the edge. The goal is to win the game, not almost win the game.

I'm talking about signing a player to a long term big money contract. No shit having their best WR would have helped, but what about moving forward? Do you know their cap situation? They have a lot of young talent that their team currently relies heavily upon, and those guys are going to demand big pay days. Their starting left tackle Cam Robinson currently has a 1.5 mil cap hit, Jalen Ramsey has a 6.3 mil cap hit, Myles Jack has a 1.7 mil cap hit, Yannick Ngakoue has a 950K cap hit (fucking unreal), and the focal point of their offense Leonard Fournette has a 6 mil cap hit. These players all played pivotal roles to the success they had this season, and if you want to keep that defensive core together then you are going to have to shell out some dough.

If you are the Jacksonville Jaguars do you shell out a ton of money for Allen Robinson when your offense is the Leonard fournette show?? That's the question i'm trying to pose for that team.

As a Bears fan, I want to see Allen Robinson in Chicago.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Richardson should really be a slot receiver.

Yeah i could get behind that for sure, so A.Rob and Meredith out wide and P.Rich in the slot.

That was also more of a dream scenario for me cause i don't think Jax lets A.Rob get away. They have some really good young WR's on that team and a couple in Keelan Cole and Jaydon Mickens that really stepped up and had some good games for them when A.Hurns got hurt. They also have DeDe Westbrook and R.Greene so they have plenty of talent there. So they bring back A.Rob, cut A.Hurns and if they do bring back A.Rob then they'll probably let M.Lee get away. I wouldn't mind getting A.Hurns but not at the price Jax was paying him which i think was like $10 mil per or get M.Lee in free agency as our #2 or #3 WR with Meredith being the other and get a #1 in the draft. Soooo many options and ways Pace can go about taking care of the WR position for us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are going to cut Hurn and save 10 million.

according to Spotract Hurns is 7 million. This gives them about 21 million before any more cuts, free agency and draft signings.

Last year WR franchise tag was 15.6 million.....should be near 16 million this year.........they still would have work to do to tag him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In this market we would be lucky to land 1 of those guys. This is going to be an ultra competitive market. My guess is that Richardson is not signing a 1 year prove it deal. He is going to ask for Davante Adams money, or sign a 1 year deal worth 12-14.

I know everyone is going to lose it about the ACL, but he is a #1 WR that may actually hit the market.

Richardson is more likely as Seattle has little cap room and bigger names to re-sign.

I never said anything about P.Rich signing a one year prove it deal, i said that about A.Rob and said we should sign P.Rich to a 4 year deal around $8 mil per. Wow, you think P.Rich could get 12-14 on a one year deal?? I can't see any team giving him any more than $10 mil even on a one year deal but who knows in today's NFL.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm talking about signing a player to a long term big money contract. No shit having their best WR would have helped, but what about moving forward? Do you know their cap situation? They have a lot of young talent that their team currently relies heavily upon, and those guys are going to demand big pay days. Their starting left tackle Cam Robinson currently has a 1.5 mil cap hit, Jalen Ramsey has a 6.3 mil cap hit, Myles Jack has a 1.7 mil cap hit, Yannick Ngakoue has a 950K cap hit (fucking unreal), and the focal point of their offense Leonard Fournette has a 6 mil cap hit. These players all played pivotal roles to the success they had this season, and if you want to keep that defensive core together then you are going to have to shell out some dough.

If you are the Jacksonville Jaguars do you shell out a ton of money for Allen Robinson when your offense is the Leonard fournette show?? That's the question i'm trying to pose for that team.

As a Bears fan, I want to see Allen Robinson in Chicago.
As an owner of any franchise, there is no price too big to pay for a SB title. So, would I pay for Robinson now for what I think will get me over the top for a title? Damn straight. You never know what the future hold. Players get hurt, other teams get better, etc. You can’t always keep planning for the future, you have to cash in and take your shot. It’s like Browns stockpiling 1st round draft picks every year. Sounds great, but you need those picks to be players.

Furthermore, players like Ramsey are under contract for basically three more years because of the 5th year option. Same with Fournette, except he has 4 years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Richardson is not going to get 12-14 million. If someone pays him that they are nuts. Richardson is not big enough to consistently play on the outside and put up big numbers. He is a slot receiver.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
They could have won if the fumble didn't get reviewed and gets taken back to the house. That game relies on Fournette, and short pass plays with bortles being competent enough to hit those guys. Why throw top dollar at a wide receiver and then ask him to do little to nothing?

Sure I bet the Jags want Allen Robinson back but I dont see them shelling out the money to lock him down for multiple years, especially with how much money they have on the defensive side of the ball I don't see how they could afford it.

May Jax doesn't want Bortles, and will bring in a QB who can get Robinson the ball.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Richardson is not going to get 12-14 million. If someone pays him that they are nuts. Richardson is not big enough to consistently play on the outside and put up big numbers. He is a slot receiver.

He will make around 8 million.

I am not sure why he is a slot WR. He has never really lined up there, he is slightly built and he runs 3 routes well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will make around 8 million.

I am not sure why he is a slot WR. He has never really lined up there, he is slightly built and he runs 3 routes well.

8 million is reasonable enough for him. He has lined up in both; I think it depends on the match ups. He is most effective on posts and flys. He seems to do well when the oline gives the QB time for his routes to develop. He can find open spots given time.

He can get chucked off the line against more physical CBs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The KC and Eagles offenses that Nagy are used to didn't use physical guys on the outside. A guy is typically a slot only WR if they are more quick than fist. Otherwise, if you are both quick and fast then you can play outside such as the guys in KC or Jackson and Macklin in the Philly days.

The benefit as well if you pick up 3 guys similar to what KC had is you can play them all over the formation so Richardson wouldn't exclusively be on the outside or inside. Also, why picking up a guy like Wilson makes sense. He already knows the system and you can move him around as well as he can help the other WRs learn the system.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Richardson, Wilson, Meredith, Kirk or similar draft pick would be my top 4 guys. Meredith doesn't have the pure speed but can still challenge terms deep due to his size and jump ball ability. In any event with those top 4 guys then and Cohen you pretty much would have someone at every WR spot that can get deep which allows for a lot of diversity in playcalling.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The KC and Eagles offenses that Nagy are used to didn't use physical guys on the outside. A guy is typically a slot only WR if they are more quick than fist. Otherwise, if you are both quick and fast then you can play outside such as the guys in KC or Jackson and Macklin in the Philly days.

The benefit as well if you pick up 3 guys similar to what KC had is you can play them all over the formation so Richardson wouldn't exclusively be on the outside or inside. Also, why picking up a guy like Wilson makes sense. He already knows the system and you can move him around as well as he can help the other WRs learn the system.

I think ideally Richardson is slot. Does not mean he can't play on the outside, but it really depends on the matchups as I said.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its hard to say what kind of receiver coach Nagy wants in his offense. If using the Chiefs and Eagles for comparisons, the Chiefs had all fast quick guys. Now looking at the Eagles you have Alshon Jeffrey, a big physical receiver who is not the standard type of what the Chiefs are doing. Myself, i like how the Eagles use Jeffrey, who is lined up in the slot in the red zone but is also lined up wide and used as a posesion receiver for Wentz. Only time will tell what Nagy wants.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its hard to say what kind of receiver coach Nagy wants in his offense. If using the Chiefs and Eagles for comparisons, the Chiefs had all fast quick guys. Now looking at the Eagles you have Alshon Jeffrey, a big physical receiver who is not the standard type of what the Chiefs are doing. Myself, i like how the Eagles use Jeffrey, who is lined up in the slot in the red zone but is also lined up wide and used as a posesion receiver for Wentz. Only time will tell what Nagy wants.

When Nagy was in Philadelphia they used speed guys.

The Eagles is a Pederson adaptation of what Reid is doing. They should provide a better model for how to use Meredith, Shaheen and Howard.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
When Nagy was in Philadelphia they used speed guys.

The Eagles is a Pederson adaptation of what Reid is doing. They should provide a better model for how to use Meredith, Shaheen and Howard.

But what i and a few others have been saying is how do we know Nagy isn't gonna do what Pederson is doing and change things up some from what they were doing with Reid in KC to where he can use WR's that aren't just small and fast??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4749326/chicago-bears-one-surprising-move-that-must-be-made/

Ryan Pace and the Chicago Bears are heading into a very important 2018 NFL offseason. After firing John Fox and moving forward with new head coach Matt Nagy, the Bears are starting a new era for their franchise.

Chicago is happy with their current situation at quarterback for the first time in years. Mitchell Trubisky was drafted with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and showed flashes of superstar potential as a rookie. He finished the year with 2,193 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions, while completing 59.4 percent of his pass attempts.

Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen were both forces to be reckoned with in the backfield for the Bears. They are going to be a deadly backfield moving forward in Chicago.

Defensively, the Bears could use some help in free agency and the draft. They have some pieces to build around moving forward, but Pace and Nagy will both want to focus on the defensive side of the football this offseason.

All of that being said, there are still some holes offensively that need to be fixed. One of those is at the wide receiver position, and there is one surprising move that could fix that issue quickly.

What surprising move must the Bears make this offseason? They need to go out in free agency and sign Sammy Watkins.

Some may wonder how Watkins could possibly fix the Bears’ wide receiver issues after the past couple of seasons he has had. He has gone from being one of the league’s up-and-coming young stars to a wide receiver that could have been something special, all in just a couple short years.

During the 2017 season with the Los Angeles Rams, Watkins was the exact opposite of consistent. He caught 39 passes for 583 yards and eight touchdowns, according to ESPN statistics. Those numbers certainly weren’t what the Rams were hoping to get from the former star receiver.

So why would Watkins completely change the outlook for the Bears’ wide receivers? Quite simply, being the No. 1 target for a quarterback like Trubisky would bring out his best.

Standing in at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, Watkins still possesses top-notch speed and athleticism. He had a few big games for the Rams in 2017, showcasing that he is still capable of big performances.

At just 24 years of age, Watkins has plenty of time to right the ship. Yes, he has had back-to-back disappointing seasons, but that does not erase the talent he brings to the table.

Chicago would immediately view him as their No. 1 receiver, ahead of names like Kevin White and Kendall Wright, if both are back next season. Watkins has the size and potential to be something special in the right situation.

In his first two NFL seasons, Watkins showed the kind of potential that he has. He racked up 982 yards as a rookie and 1,047 yards in his second season. Watkins totaled 15 touchdowns between those two seasons.

While the Bears could decide to target a star like Jarvis Landry, Watkins would be a much cheaper option. He may not be a proven star just yet, but there is no denying that he is capable of becoming that. Even if the Bears were to sign a receiver like Landry, they need to seriously consider signing Watkins.

Looking at Watkins as the answer for the Bears’ aerial attack is certainly surprising. Many will disagree that the Bears should try to sign him, but it just makes too much sense.

Expect to see the Bears be extremely active this offseason. They are getting tired of being at the bottom of the NFC North and will aggressively pursue getting back into playoff contention.

Watkins may not be the one piece that gets their offense back on track, but he certainly could become the star receiver that many thought he would be in Buffalo.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4749326/chicago-bears-one-surprising-move-that-must-be-made/

Ryan Pace and the Chicago Bears are heading into a very important 2018 NFL offseason. After firing John Fox and moving forward with new head coach Matt Nagy, the Bears are starting a new era for their franchise.

Chicago is happy with their current situation at quarterback for the first time in years. Mitchell Trubisky was drafted with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and showed flashes of superstar potential as a rookie. He finished the year with 2,193 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions, while completing 59.4 percent of his pass attempts.

Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen were both forces to be reckoned with in the backfield for the Bears. They are going to be a deadly backfield moving forward in Chicago.

Defensively, the Bears could use some help in free agency and the draft. They have some pieces to build around moving forward, but Pace and Nagy will both want to focus on the defensive side of the football this offseason.

All of that being said, there are still some holes offensively that need to be fixed. One of those is at the wide receiver position, and there is one surprising move that could fix that issue quickly.

What surprising move must the Bears make this offseason? They need to go out in free agency and sign Sammy Watkins.

Some may wonder how Watkins could possibly fix the Bears’ wide receiver issues after the past couple of seasons he has had. He has gone from being one of the league’s up-and-coming young stars to a wide receiver that could have been something special, all in just a couple short years.

During the 2017 season with the Los Angeles Rams, Watkins was the exact opposite of consistent. He caught 39 passes for 583 yards and eight touchdowns, according to ESPN statistics. Those numbers certainly weren’t what the Rams were hoping to get from the former star receiver.

So why would Watkins completely change the outlook for the Bears’ wide receivers? Quite simply, being the No. 1 target for a quarterback like Trubisky would bring out his best.

Standing in at 6-foot-1 and 210 pounds, Watkins still possesses top-notch speed and athleticism. He had a few big games for the Rams in 2017, showcasing that he is still capable of big performances.

At just 24 years of age, Watkins has plenty of time to right the ship. Yes, he has had back-to-back disappointing seasons, but that does not erase the talent he brings to the table.

Chicago would immediately view him as their No. 1 receiver, ahead of names like Kevin White and Kendall Wright, if both are back next season. Watkins has the size and potential to be something special in the right situation.

In his first two NFL seasons, Watkins showed the kind of potential that he has. He racked up 982 yards as a rookie and 1,047 yards in his second season. Watkins totaled 15 touchdowns between those two seasons.

While the Bears could decide to target a star like Jarvis Landry, Watkins would be a much cheaper option. He may not be a proven star just yet, but there is no denying that he is capable of becoming that. Even if the Bears were to sign a receiver like Landry, they need to seriously consider signing Watkins.

Looking at Watkins as the answer for the Bears’ aerial attack is certainly surprising. Many will disagree that the Bears should try to sign him, but it just makes too much sense.

Expect to see the Bears be extremely active this offseason. They are getting tired of being at the bottom of the NFC North and will aggressively pursue getting back into playoff contention.

Watkins may not be the one piece that gets their offense back on track, but he certainly could become the star receiver that many thought he would be in Buffalo.

Do we need a #1 wide receiver in Nagy's offense? I dont have stats in front of me but didnt the Chiefs do a good job of distribution the ball around with the players they have . Do they have a number one receiver? Would you consider Jeffrey a #1 receiver on the Eagles? Im just thinking out loud.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Watkins would be a great signing. The Rams have already leaked that they plan to tag him if they cannot re-sign him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do we need a #1 wide receiver in Nagy's offense? I dont have stats in front of me but didnt the Chiefs do a good job of distribution the ball around with the players they have . Do they have a number one receiver? Would you consider Jeffrey a #1 receiver on the Eagles? Im just thinking out loud.

In terms of targets they do not generally have one guy getting elite #1 targets [160].

Is a more common distribution for them.