Wide Receivers

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are in a position to redo their entire WR corps. They only have White and Wheaton on the team.

Personnally I see them giving White another year, you kind of have to. Wheaton is a bit of a mystery. He may be better in this offense than the pathetic piece of crap they marched out last year. I honestly see them retaining both those guys and matching Meredith's offer.

That would put Meredith, White, and Wheaton on the roster. A FA pickup and a draft choice after that.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could have won if the fumble didn't get reviewed and gets taken back to the house. That game relies on Fournette, and short pass plays with bortles being competent enough to hit those guys. Why throw top dollar at a wide receiver and then ask him to do little to nothing?

Sure I bet the Jags want Allen Robinson back but I dont see them shelling out the money to lock him down for multiple years, especially with how much money they have on the defensive side of the ball I don't see how they could afford it.

That is why the tag is probably their best bet to retain him. Hurns is gone for sure.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Marquis Lee is also a free agent I believe.

yep, he will be gone as well. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears sign him. Former early 2nd rounder who averaged 60 rec's the last 2 years in the Jags offense.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
That is why the tag is probably their best bet to retain him. Hurns is gone for sure.

So you think they let both Hurns and maybe marquis Lee walk in order to hold on to Allen Robinson so he can run 10 yard routes? Idk. Maybe that is the move.

I'm not sure about Jacksonville's cap situation but I know they have calais campbell, malik jackson, and AJ bouye signed to big money. I would think you would want to save a little bit of room to keep that LB corp and jalen ramsey around. Makes more sense to me in the Jags situation to retain 2 cheaper WR's and keep the defense in place than it does to throw the book at 1 WR when your offense wont fully utilize him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't post often. Or even log into my account. But I get on here a few times a week and read. I just have one question..

What is the deal with everyone's love for Albert Wilson? I get it, he played under Nagy. But dude has never had more than 3 TDs in a season. Only 500 yards once. Over 40 catches once. He's your savior choice for the Bears? Really. C'mon now. Honestly. He's just another guy. He's the exact same guy as Kendall Wright, and Wright already has an established connection to Trubisky.

I see two scenarios to fix the WR.

1) Sign a legit #1 - Allen Robinson (I personally believe he is a legit #1 and was playing with a horrific QB. I don't care about his injury. Not uncommon to come back from these days. Same as Cam), get Cam back, re-sign Wright for the slot, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Robinson - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Wright (slot)

This scenario we have a legit #1. Solid #2. Slot guy with a connection to our QB. Speed to fill in when needed and a draft pick to develop. I understand you take risk with injury, but I am a firm believer that injuries have more to do with luck than anything else. Remember when Stafford couldn't finish a season? Or prior to this year, Keenan Allen was always hurt? Luck plays a big part in it.

2) Sign Landry for the slot (not signing Wright), get Cam back to play outside, sign Paul Richardson to play outside, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Richardson - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Landry (slot)

I think either of these scenarios would be a significant upgrade at WR and TE with Burton pairing up with Shaheen. This would provide Trubisky with a ton of weapons to work with next season and make our offense dynamic when you add Cohen coming out of the backfield and Howard between the tackles.

Who ever said he was a savior? Only reason he gets mentioned is because he played under Naggy and would be one of several new WR's brought in. Absolutely no one here has mentioned him as being a savior/number 1 type WR. Gotta draft those types of players.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’m hoping the Bears don’t think that Cam, an undrafted Player w/one decent season coming off an ACL tear with a new playbook and first year primarily catching passes from TRU, will produce like a #1 WR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Where did anyone call Albert Wilson a saviour?

He is a solid slot WR, a speed upgrade, and he knows the system. People like him because we are likely to land him because of the connection to Nagy .

People act like the Bears are Allen Robinson's only option. He will be tagged or have multiple teams bidding on him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you think they let both Hurns and maybe marquis Lee walk in order to hold on to Allen Robinson so he can run 10 yard routes? Idk. Maybe that is the move.

I'm not sure about Jacksonville's cap situation but I know they have calais campbell, malik jackson, and AJ bouye signed to big money. I would think you would want to save a little bit of room to keep that LB corp and jalen ramsey around. Makes more sense to me in the Jags situation to retain 2 cheaper WR's and keep the defense in place than it does to throw the book at 1 WR when your offense wont fully utilize him.

Actually in an earlier post I said I don't see them retaining him. The Jax sportscaster apparently disagrees with me. I did say their best bet to retain him was thru the tag. Does not mean I think they will do it though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Paul Richardson will be a good bet to get about 7 million a year. I would hesitate to start him at anything other than the slot though....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears need a couple of free agent WRs.

Wilson seems like a slam dunk in terms of being able to recruit and pay him.

The 2nd guy would hopefully be better than Wilson, but who knows the WR market is going to get hit hard by the tag and re-signings and then you are left adding someone who hopefully fits the system. If Richardson does hit the market he would of course be a target, but you are going to pay top dollar for a guy who cannot run a route for you till camp.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Jacksonville was a bounce or two away from being in the superbowl without Allen Robinson. If you see the offense they run with Bortles I wonder why the hell they would even want to tag the guy.

Because Robinson can stretch the field and be the difference from going to the AFCCG and going to the Super Bowl maybe??

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Because Robinson can stretch the field and be the difference from going to the AFCCG and going to the Super Bowl maybe??

Lmao the difference between the Jags going to the superbowl was a missed call by the refs that the defense should have scored a TD on. It has nothing to do with Allen Robinson. The Jags had the season they did WITHOUT Allen Robinson. Kinda hard for you to tell me he is more important than various other defensive players on that team considering this is the best season they have had in ages, and it's all been without Allen Robinson.

I'm not saying that Allen Robinson isn't a great WR, because he is my favorite WR moving into this off season. What I am saying is that that offense does not need Allen Robinson to function. There are various other guys they could use to stretch the field, and Bortles kinda sucks which plays a huge role into the whole thing as well.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Lmao the difference between the Jags going to the superbowl was a missed call by the refs that the defense should have scored a TD on. It has nothing to do with Allen Robinson. The Jags had the season they did WITHOUT Allen Robinson. Kinda hard for you to tell me he is more important than various other defensive players on that team considering this is the best season they have had in ages, and it's all been without Allen Robinson.

I'm not saying that Allen Robinson isn't a great WR, because he is my favorite WR moving into this off season. What I am saying is that that offense does not need Allen Robinson to function. There are various other guys they could use to stretch the field, and Bortles kinda sucks which plays a huge role into the whole thing as well.

Don’t be asinine. Maybe if their offense could have gotten a first down or two at the end of the game, they could have keptBrady off the field. There are endless possibilities on how JAX could have won that game. There isn’t just one. Laugh your ass off all you want.

JAX lost the game, not sure what point you are trying to make saying it was some kind of accomplishment to do without Robinson...

Teams that are stacked with talent and good coaching sometimes just need a little something extra to make them better, to put them over the edge. The goal is to win the game, not almost win the game.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't post often. Or even log into my account. But I get on here a few times a week and read. I just have one question..

What is the deal with everyone's love for Albert Wilson? I get it, he played under Nagy. But dude has never had more than 3 TDs in a season. Only 500 yards once. Over 40 catches once. He's your savior choice for the Bears? Really. C'mon now. Honestly. He's just another guy. He's the exact same guy as Kendall Wright, and Wright already has an established connection to Trubisky.

I see two scenarios to fix the WR.

1) Sign a legit #1 - Allen Robinson (I personally believe he is a legit #1 and was playing with a horrific QB. I don't care about his injury. Not uncommon to come back from these days. Same as Cam), get Cam back, re-sign Wright for the slot, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Robinson - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Wright (slot)

This scenario we have a legit #1. Solid #2. Slot guy with a connection to our QB. Speed to fill in when needed and a draft pick to develop. I understand you take risk with injury, but I am a firm believer that injuries have more to do with luck than anything else. Remember when Stafford couldn't finish a season? Or prior to this year, Keenan Allen was always hurt? Luck plays a big part in it.

2) Sign Landry for the slot (not signing Wright), get Cam back to play outside, sign Paul Richardson to play outside, sign Brice Butler as the speedy #3. Kevin White as the speedy #4. Draft pick to develop. Sign Trey Burton at TE.

Depth Chart
1) Meredith - Butler - White - draft pick
2) Richardson - Butler - White - draft pick
3) Landry (slot)

I think either of these scenarios would be a significant upgrade at WR and TE with Burton pairing up with Shaheen. This would provide Trubisky with a ton of weapons to work with next season and make our offense dynamic when you add Cohen coming out of the backfield and Howard between the tackles.

The best offseason for me at WR would be signing both A.Robinson and P.Richardson.

Re-signing C.Meredith (or 2nd round tender) K.Wright (slot) K.White #5-#6 WR and bringing back one of D.Inman/J.Bellamy. I know everyone hates Bellamy and doesn't want him anywhere near this team next season but i saw him get better last year and he's still a good ST player. He's got speed and the guy gets open. His hands are or were a question but were much better last year.

WR1--A.Robinson
WR2--P.Richardson
WR3--C.Meredith
WR4/Slot--K.Wright
WR5--K.White
WR6--J.Bellamy or D.Inman

I'd have to think we could get A.Rob on a one year deal around $7-$10 mil on a prove yourself deal or just go all in and give him a 3-4 year deal which i would think would be around $10-$11 per but have no idea and we could get P.Rich on a 4 year deal around $8 mil per. So around $18-$20 mil to get A.Rob and P.Rich.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best offseason for me at WR would be signing both A.Robinson and P.Richardson.

Re-signing C.Meredith (or 2nd round tender) K.Wright (slot) K.White #5-#6 WR and bringing back one of D.Inman/J.Bellamy. I know everyone hates Bellamy and doesn't want him anywhere near this team next season but i saw him get better last year and he's still a good ST player. He's got speed and the guy gets open. His hands are or were a question but were much better last year.

WR1--A.Robinson
WR2--P.Richardson
WR3--C.Meredith
WR4/Slot--K.Wright
WR5--K.White

I'd have to think we could get A.Rob on a one year deal around $7-$10 mil on a prove yourself deal or just go all in and give him a 3-4 year deal which i would think would be around $10-$11 per but have no idea and we could get P.Rich on a 4 year deal around $8 mil per. So around $18-$20 mil to get A.Rob and P.Rich.

Richardson should really be a slot receiver.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
will Jax want him though vs what someone else may pay him?

I don't think they'd let a guy with the talent he has get away when they can just tag him for one year to see if he can come back healthy and be the WR he was before he got hurt which was a legit #1 WR.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

WR1--A.Robinson
WR2--P.Richardson
WR3--C.Meredith
WR4/Slot--K.Wright
WR5--K.White

In this market we would be lucky to land 1 of those guys. This is going to be an ultra competitive market. My guess is that Richardson is not signing a 1 year prove it deal. He is going to ask for Davante Adams money, or sign a 1 year deal worth 12-14.

I know everyone is going to lose it about the ACL, but he is a #1 WR that may actually hit the market.

Richardson is more likely as Seattle has little cap room and bigger names to re-sign.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think they'd let a guy with the talent he has get away when they can just tag him for one year to see if he can come back healthy and be the WR he was before he got hurt which was a legit #1 WR.

That may be an option, but their cap situation is not ideal.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Richardson should really be a slot receiver.

More likely he will play on the outside and run a ton of deep clear out routes and get 5-6 targets a game.

He is very slight to be in the middle of the field.